Ratings for Dr. Neil T. Chen

Dr. Chen is a superb plastic surgeon. Recently, he performed a mini-facelift on me. Upon first consulting about the procedure, he informed me fully about what is involved and what the expected outcome would be. Everything went according to his description. During the procedure, he made sure that I was comfortable and informed me when he was beginning and ending each stage of the surgery. The results exceeded my expectations. Even one week after surgery, improvement was evident. Five weeks after surgery, my neck and face look far more youthful yet very natural. Dr. Chen is a warm caring , highly-skilled plastic surgeon who genuinely cares about his patients. He will not telll you something merely because he thinks you want to hear it. He is candid about the results that you can expect from any given procedure. I have full confidence in Dr. Chen and plan to use him again as needed.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

Never saw anyone wash hands or gloves before procedure.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

Had a very positive experience with recent surgery with Dr. Chen. His expetise in the field of Plastic surgery is without a doubt superior. His manner is professional without being condensending. His office staff reflect the same awesome professionalism and made me feel at ease at all times, answering my questions with patience and full knowledge of the subject.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2014

Dr. Chen has been my doctor for over 15 years. He is a very knowledgable and skilled surgeon. I wouldn't trust anyone else.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014

Dr. Chen is an amazing, conservative surgeon. He will have all my future business and I will be recommending him to anyone who asks.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2013

Dr. Chen is a really excellent surgeon and I highly recommend him if you're considering plastic surgery, especially for one of the procedures he specializes in. I appreciated that he would take as much time as needed for me to feel comfortable, and I've never felt rushed in our appointments even though he mentioned that he sees almost 100 patients per week! I had an eye surgery procedure done with him and am extremely satisfied with the results, which I think are due to his skill and concern for natural looking, high-quality outcomes. I discussed another procedure that I had been thinking about doing with him and he even told me that he didn't think it was necessary, but would be happy to do it if I that's what I wanted. He is definitely not just about making money and really cares about his patients. He even offers discounted botox for existing patients just as a way of saying thank you. I very strongly recommend Dr. Chen and his quality work.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2012

I`m a 46 yr old woman 5`1/" 160 lbs who had been contemplating breastlift augmentation for years. After my initial consult with Dr. Chen and his staff, my husband and I both knew this was the facility for us. Dr. Chen is a very kind doctor who is easy to talk to. On the day of my operation I was a little nervous, the nurses and Dr. Chen put me instantly at ease. They called to make sure I was doing ok after I returned home. The staff and Dr chen are happy to answer questions when we have called

flag | Submitted August 16, 2012

As a native New Yorker now living in NM, I was both skeptical and concerned about the propect of finding a good plastic surgeon when I decided to have an elective surgery. I did my research and settled on the top docs in the state. I realized that my fears and concerns were ill conceived when I met Dr. Chen- he and his staff are as good, if not better than I would have found across NY. He explained my options clearly, as well as advised me on what procedure would have the best outcome based on me, as an individual. I felt very comfortable in my decision and could not be happier with the New Mexico Plastic Surgery Institute! From the initial visits to surgery to follow up visits, each time I was seen within 10 min of my appointment time, treated extremely well by both the staff and the doctor, and each visit was pleasant and rewarding. I LOVE THE RESULTS! Thank you Dr. Chen!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2012

Dr. Chen is not only helpful, knowledgeable, and professional but he is also funny and kind. He has always taken all the time I need to answer questions and make me feel comfortable about my botox treatments. I never feel like he is trying to hurry to the next patient. His staff is always extremely helpful and curtious... I feel fortunate to have a plastic surgeon in the area that I have complete faith in.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2012

Unfortunately, Dr. Chen's office management does not match his surgical skills. I've had botox at his office previously, without problems (but with a long wait time). My recent visit will be my last. The staff cancelled me at the last minute, mixed up the reschedule, and I lost out on money and time. When I called to let them know I wasn't happy, the receptionist was entirely unprofessional: very rude and argumentative. I felt as thought I were talking with a bratty 12 year old girl. Dr. Chen is clearly too busy with surgery and is unable to manage his office and staff. I will not use his business again; there are others in town who offer quality service and where you can get your money's worth (without the 12 year old). As a long term client, this was very disappointing.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2012

Dr. Neil T. Chen's Credentials

• Harvard Med Sch, Boston Ma 02115 (Grad. 1987)