Ratings for Dr. Angelo Simone

Terrible attitude, and vey insensitive.. Very vey arrogant

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

Dr. Simone and his staff are very professional and responsive. Dr. Simone has been my older son's pediatrician for 8 years now and his diagnosis, advise and prescriptions have worked very well for my son.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

He's an okay doctor, nothing to brag about. He needs to get rid of the receptionist though. You can never call and make an appointment for the same or next day. Kids wake up sick most of the time and appointments for these kinds of issues cannot be made ahead of time. I know so many people who left him because of this, which is why he was accepting new patients a few years back. Again, he's now a bad Doctor, but I don't take my kids there anymore because I couldn't make an appointment without the receptionist making it seem like she was doing ME a favor. He's not worth putting up all the headache. Not meaning to be hurtful, just my honest opinion. I wouldn't recommend him at all, maybe if he hired someone else who knows a thing or two about running an office.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

I would not recommend this "Doctor" to anyone because he was responsible for the death of my daughter Tamara Nakic. It's been 14 years, I see that he is still working and I hope do not make the same mistakes as he did with my child. He said it was a bad episode but this bad episode changed my life and life of my family.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2017

I've been taking my boys to dr Simone since my eldest was born, 19.5 years! He's still their doctor altho now with two away for school, they've had to find new doctors. It's hard breaking up with such a great doctor but it's time. 19 year old doesn't want to see a paediatrician forever! We've had a range of health issues, luckily mine were serious but he always took time to listen to our concerns and I've always felt that we got the best care. We will miss him, his knowledge, sense of humour and his Zoo train waiting rooms!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

He is a great doctor with knowledge and great experience in diabetic world.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Simone since birth and I am now 18 years old, still seeing him. He is a great doctor! He used to be quiet and a bit of a grump, but lately in the last 5 years he's been extremely nice and smiling more. He has never dismissed me or my problems. He is always happy to check things that I ask to be checked out. I have been with this doctor for 18 years and never have I left his office feeling bad about my appointment!!! I can't believe all of these terrible reviews

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016

Needs to adjust as per kids requirement and respect the fact people still want him as their kids doctor

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

My daughter has been seeing Dr. Simone since birth, she is now 15 months. I highly recommend Dr. Simone; some of these negative comments are absolutely redicouls. It is sad that we live in such a self entitled and judgemental society. Take it from me I am a nurse that works in the hospital and even staff speak highly of him. From my experience he's very up to date with current practices and treatments according to current paediatric journals and associations in Canada and abroad. He always answers any questions I have and asks me if I have any questions or concerns before I leave. (By the way he doesn't know I am a nurse). He may seem like he hasn't looked at your child's file but he does on his tablet every time before he enters the room. He also has access to the hospital to review visits your child had there, and has privileges to Sick Kids where he can access files there as well all from his tablet. He's not there to make friends with you or your child he is there to treat and monitor your child. He has lots of kids to see and doesn't have time to make friends; he is limited for time to socialize and can't do that. We lack paediatricians in Ontario and if time is an issue for you speak to the liberal government about that. He's a great doctor for special needs kids as he is also an endocrinologist and can manage growth and other hormone issues that go with special needs children. My daughter has Noonan syndrome and he is very knowledgeable about it to my surprise as its a rare syndrome. As for his receptionist she's also great, very busy lady trying to get all our kids in to see Dr. Simone the best she can. She may not seem friendly to some but that's because she's extremely busy! She does an amazing job! If your child is a patient and you need an appt. you can also e-mail Trish she will get back to you the same day. I also never have to wait very long to be seen so I'm not sure why others have commented about that, it's absurd. I know some paediatricians have an hour wait or more to be seen. I have never waited more than 30 minutes. Overall I'm impressed with Dr. Simone and would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

I have been taking my daughter to see Dr. Simone since she was born. Right off the bat my husband and I felt like we had made the worst decision ever. He does not do a good job with explaining anything nor does he do a good job in making us parents feel at ease. We've taken my daughter (whom is now 1 year and 3 weeks) to see him on other occasions than just the mandatory visits; and every single visit was less than 2 minutes and for him to simply say "she fine." "she looks good" "she is okay". It was annoying because; CLEARLY my daughter wasn't okay, as she had what looked like an open wound on the side of her face, or bumps ALL OVER her body. He claimed as it was normal and "it will go away". I had to - many times, demand for him to take a second look. Long story short, don't take your children to see this doctor. He does not care.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016