Ratings for Dr. Angelo Simone

Doctor Simone was my children's doctor for many years, since they were born to 18 years of age. We took accountability & did not expect him to perform miracles! He was always very professional, kind & knowledgeable. He is definitively an expert in thyroid issues. They would always be very accommodating when they were sick & had to see him last minute! He is a very serious man & projects a tough image but he is kind & respectful. He always listened to our concerns & provided recommendations that were appropriate. I will be always thankful for Doctor Simone & how he treated my children & me, the worried mom! We miss you dearly! I would recommend him to everybody. I would also like to mention that his office assistant is beautiful & compassionate human being & helped me so much thru hard times. In our books they rate high in punctuality, staff, helpfulness & knowledge

flag | Submitted October 11, 2018

Let me clear things up. Many reviews up here saying that their child was referred here by their family doctor. So was I. Most reviews said once he can’t find matching symptoms, he’ll think it’s a mental issues, like anxiety or depression. Same exact thing happen to me. I think he’s trying his best to be a doctor and show his authority, but it’s not working. There are patients out there that are not being properly diagnosed because of doctors like him. Try to stay away, “USELESS” does in fact ring a bell. He connects his childhood to your child’s, saying how your child is doing something different so basically it’s wrong. He has his own set standards which aren’t up to date with today’s children. If he clearly doesn’t see a hormone/blood glucose issue, he will assume it’s psychological. He’s trying to be a doctor but the way he’s doing it is NOT right. No empathy. He’s not a psychiatrist but he acts like one in front of patients. If you’re having a difficult time finding a diagnosis and you’re looking for answers, do not come here. Waste of time and energy trying to explain that he’s missing something. How’s that, Doctor Simone?

flag | Submitted August 9, 2018

one word "USELESS". Please, ask your "Family GP" for a referral to any other Doctor than this Doctor. :(

flag | Submitted April 28, 2018

Dr. Simone is a good doctor but he needs more professionals working in his office. He needs to get rid that terrible receptionist.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2018

Doctor Simone is highly knowledgeable in his field especially with pediatric medicines. Always warm and calm with anyone. The clinic is children friendly environment and very clean . He is an excellent listener and would always give you the best advice with child medical concerns. He looks after my three children. If you are looking for a family doctor for your children, you are at the right clinic.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2018

I am very sad to see all the negative comments! Dr. Simone is an amazing and knowledgeable doctor and his secretary is a wonderful and compassionate and a hard working person who tries to accommodate all those patients in a very busy office. Just remember that all you need is a knowledgeable doctor not a friend. Dr. Simone is a paediatrician and endocrinologist and my son has been with him for the last 5 years. He might lack bedside manners but that's because he is very busy looking after his patients (your kids) and do not have time to socialize with the parents! He always asked me if have any questions or concerns before i leave the office. As for Trish his secretary, just send her an email and she will reply the same or the next day and will book an emergency appointment for you. You should not be looking for a doctor who talks to you about the weather or what's going in news. All you need is an experienced paediatrician who knows exactly what to do when it comes to diabetes and other health issues and that's what doctor Simone is all about.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

Dr. Simone doesn't have any compassion - only reason I take my son to his diabetes clinic is for the nurses, social worker and dietitian that work there. He is constantly telling me he knows my son better than I do and doesn't take into consideration that diabetes is impacted by things that go on around you (stress, family issues, school issues etc.) and will not even entertain the idea to listen to me when I try to explain stresses that have impacted my son. He pulled me aside once and told me what a terrible mother I am because I do not properly control my son

flag | Submitted January 4, 2018

If a diagnosis isn't obvious Dr. Simone will attribute symptoms to depression. He assumes all teenagers want a get out of school free card. It turns out my son does have a very serious disease that if it had been treated earlier then he won't need so much antibiotics.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2017

Dr Simone was our kids' doctor for many years. They are adults now, and so have moved on. His office was a busy one and often we had to wait a bit, but he had toys and books for them to play with and sometimes, some other kids is just sicker than yours. It was clear he always knew his stuff, and was willing to answer the multiple questions I had. I can still remember the first time he met my infant son, about 21 years ago. He immediately sent me off to the breast feeding clinic at Trillium because it was clear the kid had jaundice. A kind and gentle doctor, who put my kids at ease.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

Terrible attitude, and vey insensitive.. Very vey arrogant

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017