Ratings for Dr. William McDonald

Dr. McDonald operated on my jaw 11 years ago for an extreme overbite. He told me that my lower jaw would lose most of it's numbness over time, but it is still totally numb. It looks like he cut the salivary glands as well, because my mouth is constantly dry and my lips bleed when I keep my mouth open for over a few minutes..not fun when I go to the dentist for cleaning and such. Not to mention my bad breath due to lack of saliva. Maybe because my overbite was so extreme, this was the outcome, but I sure wish that I never went through with this. My looks have improved, but my health hasn't. 😕 Guess that's the price of vanity.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

Just had my wisdom teeth out and it was a very swift and easy experience. I have anxiety and was pretty nervous going in but the staff made me feel at ease and happily answered all my questions. I received local anesthesia and Valium, hardly felt the needle at all and they listened when I said something wasn't feeling right. One thing however, be sure to go over your sedation options in person or on the phone as the website says they do IV sedation in the office when I believe this is not the case ( you have to go to the IV clinic). I highly recommend this surgeon.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

I had lower jaw surgery performed by Dr. William Mcdonald in September 2016 and my experience with him is very positive. He's very straightforward, professional, and is open to answer as many questions as you'd like. Dr. Mcdonald was very clear about what would occur pre and post operation. Overall, I felt as if I was in good hands and would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016

I am having a bone graft and implant done with Dr. McDonald currently. After being referred by my dentist to a perio for it who told me it could not be done for less than 10K, Dr. McDonald did the bone graft for $700 and saw me on a saturday because I had some concerns about the healing process. I had no pain and stopped taking pain medication after the first day. Dr. McDonald is probably the most knowledgable guy in the field. When I went in for my quote he wrote it out for me right there, no beating around the bush. You owe it to yourself to at least get a second opinion from him. I am glad I did, saved me thousands.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2016

I would always recommend Dr. McDonald as the most knowledgable, confident but not ego driven, kind professional in his field. He never fails being patient to listen to all my questions (and most of the time I have a lot of them!), explains in a way that is easy to understand and his awesome personality combined with his knowledge and experience, reassures me that he has what it takes to be trusted. I had my implant done (excellent results) and planning another one soon. I wish there are more doctors like him. Thank you Dr. McDonald!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

Dr McDonald is a very skilled surgeon. He performed mandibular advancement procedures and the results are excellent. He also removed wisdom teeth. He was very professional and kind.. I would highly recommend him. He provides a professional opinion that can be trusted.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016

I had double jaw surgery and corrected facial asymmetry with Dr. McDonald. I experienced very little pain (if any) and swelling throughout the recovery. I can drink directly from a bottle the second day and resume a soft food diet the second week. Now my bite is perfectly aligned. Dr.McDonald is very supportive, responsible, and nice. He is straightforward with the price and types of surgery needed from the beginning of our first two meetings. The staffs can seem a little intimidating at times but they try to accommodate my schedule as best as they can. I am really happy with the result. Thank you Dr. McDonald!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2016

I went to Dr McDonald because the guy is famous. He's the best. If you want the guy who wrote the book on this stuff, he's the guy. I went to another Oral Surgeon prior to meeting up with Dr. McDonald, and I'm extremely grateful that I picked Dr. McDonald. I'm extremely happy with my results!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2016

I had surgery with him on July 14, 2014. A year past, the result is Good. The nerves still not come back. Might take a longer time. I got a very bad infection and swollen. I do the regular check post surgery. Until it's swollen again, he and I don't recognize i got infected . Drain the infection area is painful.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

Put us at ease right from the beginning. Very competent and even talked to us personally by phone. Our daughter had very minimal swelling and hardly any bruising. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015