Ratings for Dr. Parvinder Birdi

My Mother was in her final days and was assigned this jerk as her hospitalist. My Mother not only had a physical immunity to Morphene, but also a reaction at the site of injection and thus she has always refused it. Dr Birdi insisted she take it for pain management, and when I attempted to explain my Mom's situation, he interrupted me - finger wagging in my face - and said: "You listen to ME!" and told me why she WOULD be getting it. I warned him that had better not happen, and immediately went to the nurse's station where they promptly removed him from Mom's file... exactly what I suggest EVERYONE do if they find out he has been assigned to them or their loved one.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2013

Dr. Birdi is the hospitalist assigned to my sister in Kamloops hospital. I cannot speak about his abilities as a doctor or communicator because he refused to meet with me. My sister and I had questions and wanted a chance to discuss them. I find it odd and somewhat obstructive that a health care professional refuses to discuss health issues with patient and family. Is this the norm in BC hospitals? I have never encountered this situation in Ontario and Saskatchewan.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2013

Dr. Birdi did not provide adequate patient care. He often forgot what he said he would do and he did not listen to patient concerns. His agenda came first before his patient. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2012

Dr. Birdi was the hospitalist that was assigned my care at Royal Inland Hospital. He was not knowledgeable in cancer care at all and did not communicate fully with me about my care. Made an inappropriate comment about what he believed was my problem which my oncologists completely disagree with. He should be more communicative with his patients and consult with other physicians before he gives his opinion - especially since he is not a specialist.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2012

knowledgeable and helpful to our Mom who is 88.was concerned that we had any questions at the time we met and if any questions for later to write them down so he/we could address them in 3 days. we found him very good over all.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2012

This Dr, if you can call him that, treated my grandmother in the hospital. He said she was fine and that she would be released the following day. The next day she died!

flag | Submitted September 27, 2011

Other than the accent, I found Doctor Birdi had no problems with communication. I found him to be a fairly articulate communicator from what I remember; however, his lack of helpfulness coloured with **** comments, left me with a bad taste in my mouth. In the end, I thought this man should never be allowed to practice medicine, or be in the company of other humans. Ever.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2009

I must agree with all negative comments. This doctor has very little knowledge in medicine. When I saw him, he had to search on internet to find out what my problem was. Ultimately had to bring in another doctor to help diagnose the problem. He also seems to be rude saying that he can only spend 15 minutes for our appointment and after making me wait for 1/2 hour after my scheduled appointment.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2009

I have "female" issues including fertility concerns. Dr. Birdi seems downright embarrassed to discuss these things. Every time I have seen him, he tries to have a 'heart to heart' counselling session about something totally unrelated to the reason I came to see him. When I told him I had been diagnosed with premature ovarian failure, he said "oh really. who told you that". I said, Dr. X, look in the file. He said, Oh, thats the leading doctor in that area in the province. Duh. like I didnt know that. then he proceeded to have a heart to heart with me about the fact that I would have difficulty conceiving . . DUH I was diagnosed two years ago, Im over it. Same thing next appointment. I cannot stand seeing him, everytime he's no help at all. His english is bad. I truly think he means well, but his efforts are somewhat misdirected.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2008

My son and I have been patients of Dr. Birdies for about a year and I think he is a fine doctor. He seems like a kind person and plays with my toddler when we go in to see him. I think he is a doctor that tries to follow the rules and goes by the book. He has looked things up in a medical book while I was there which I think is good because he is double checking things. I think some of the comments on here are unfair to Dr. Birdie. I believe that since English is not his first language he must have had to work extra had to be in the position he is in now! Maybe he comes across to people in the wrong way? They should give this Doctor a chance (more than just one visit with him before you judge him so harshly!)I think that people need to be more accepting of people's differences in this world!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2008