Ratings for Dr. Larry S. Hirsch

Horrible bed side manner. Would not go back. Ho fluff, all business, not even a hello.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2015

Dr. Hirsch saved my life. I was diagnosed with endometrial carcinoma, and in a 7 1/2 hour surgery(completely bloodless, no transfusions necessary)I was back to normal in 3 weeks! I even did some tile-setting on the 21st day after surgery. Dr. Hirsch is, in my opinion, an eccentric genius. His manner can be occasionally abrupt, but I would rather have an abrupt genius gynocologist/surgeon than a smooth-talking doctor who is medically not up to par. During examinations, Dr. Hirsch and I have discussed everything from the Homestead Act of 1862 to the ancient Sumarians. He is an interesting person in addition to being an outstanding doctor.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2013

Dr Hirsch delivered all 5 of my children. He is very knowledgable and I trust him and his staff completely.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2013

Horrible doctor. He was rude. Didn't answer my calls when I had a high fever when pregnant. Disasterous delivery. Didn't come see me in the hospital to check me after the delivery and instead called and informed me I could remove my own bandages (c-section). In a post partum appt. he told me I needed to make sure to start having sex with my husband again (I didn't bring it up as it was not an issue) as my husband needed this. I thought he was MY doctor? He could be nice sometimes and rude and inconsiderate others. Ask a nurse about him. . .

flag | Submitted June 1, 2011

Over 9 years ago Dr. Hirsch was my doctor, he helped my husband and I with getting me pregnant with our daughter.I had problems conceiving and he was there for us every step of the way.Dr. Hirsch also helped us with insurance stuff, that he didn't have to involve himself with.He was great and helpful at all times. Sometimes his humor went over my head, but I didn't mind. I wasn't there for his humor. Sometimes he could be to honest and come out of no where with stuff you don't want to hear. But, give him a chance. He's very smart and knows what he's doing! I wish I could have him as my doctor again!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2009

After he told me I didn't need my ovaries anymore and should just yank them out, I left. There was nothing the matter with them, so I don't understand his attitude. Also, he prescribed standard hormones (not bioidentical)which increases risk of cancer. I felt I could get better advice elsewhere. I also think he was creepy!

flag | Submitted October 13, 2008

I have gone to Dr. Hirsch for 10+ years now and find him to be a wonderful Dr. He is very caring and really seems to have a great interest in my health issues.I have and will continue to recommend him to friends.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2008

Not who I would go to, if I had a choice. Thanks to the wonderful world of HMOs, I am stuck. He kind of gives me the creeps, and is very rude and belittling to his staff. Not someone who makes you feel comfortable being examined!

flag | Submitted April 25, 2007

not a nice man didnt take me seriously

flag | Submitted March 28, 2007

Dr. Larry S. Hirsch's Credentials

• Va Commonwealth Univ, Med Coll Of Va Sch Of Med, Richmond Va 23298 (Grad. 1981)

Top Hospitals in Atascadero, CA