Ratings for Dr. Ezekiel Weis

Dr.Weis and staff have been very thoughtful in the time we have seen them. (both at Edmonton and Calgary). Wonderfully thorough in their care giving ways. Professional where they have to be and a sense of humor not far behind. Dr. Weis has been treating me since October of 2014 and the immediate feeling was I had made the right choice. Taking the time to explain procedures and outcomes in a way I could understand. There has not been a moment where I felt rushed during our visits and time given to answer questions. Very impressive for a man that busy. Cheers.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2016

Amazingly skilled, knowledgeable, and kind. We are very lucky to have him in Alberta.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

My wife was diagnosed with ocular melanoma, we saw Dr. Weis, and after an eye exam we were told it was ocular melanoma. Dr. Weis informed us of the options and after an explanation, with confidence, we decided to go with brachytherapy. We were immediately set up for appointments for scans, tests of every kind, etc, and given an appointment date for the surgery. He exudes confidence and caring. The day of the initial surgery is now complete as is the removal of the plaque (radiation therapy). I feel that Dr. Weis is above excellent in knowledge, confidence and I have listened to many comments from members of both Calgary and Edmonton nurses, you are in great care when Dr. Weis is your surgeon. Having read many comments here, regarding being arrogant or not as friendly as you would like, one thing to remember, is everyday perfect for you?? He is human! And I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2015

Cut out my Chalazions. Reasonably punctual for a very busy doctor. Also had some other students examine me - so what - they have to learn somehow. Very professional

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Weis for over 3 years now due to a firework accident involving my eye. He has been extremely helpful and has done very good work. He always explains things in ways that I can understand, and makes sure I know what is happening with it. Sometimes it's a bit of a wait at the hospital, but when he does see you it's never rushed. Very professional!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2013

I was sent to Dr. Weis and although he wasnt the doctor I needed, its because of him my brain aneurisym was found and repaired by a neurosurgeon before it ruptured. I think he is a very good doctor. Thankyou Dr. Weis!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2013

Dr. Weis is extremely competent and professional and I know he is highly regarded by the hospital staff. He intervened to get me first class follow-up treatment. He is also very generous with his time, taking the time to give every question a considered answer. Sometimes this means a little extra wait time to see him. I'm taking off one star as I wish he could provide an information sheet about how to prepare for each procedure and what to expect afterwards. He deals with a limited range of situations, so IMO this would be quite practical and in fact would save him a lot of time explaining the same things over and over. I bring this up because I had a complication which, I'll never know but might have been prevented if I had been more carefully prepared. I even asked detailed questions beforehand, but in the end failed to ask the right one. In the meantime I would recommend that anyone facing cancer surgery read the book "Life Over Cancer" immediately.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2012

Dr. E. Weis has been fantastic to me, diagnosing Thyroid Eye disease when docs in my town, including an optalmologist and neurologist could not. It took 2 years, but now, he'll be doing the decompression of the eye that was most affected and I have total faith in his ability to do it right. The wait is the only downfall, but he is a busy man and I do know how easily schedules can get off and delay all following.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2012

He is a very good doctor who made a great surgery for my 9 months old baby, he answered every question and solved every doubt I had about my baby's situation, really helpfull and and a trusty Doctor!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2012

Dr. Weis and his staff saved my life. I was diagnosed with a very rare form of ocular cancer which has a very poor survival rate if it spreads. I had an appointment with Dr. Weis for the first time ion 1:15 pm Friday. By 5:00 the same day I had been fuly diagnosed though a battery of tests which confirmed the original doctors findings. I returned to the hospital the following Monday where I had every remaining test to confirm the cancer had not spread. The final liver CT scans were given to me confirming that the cancer had not spread at 5:00 as they wheeled me into surgery to have the affected eye removed. Prior to my surgery, he even took the time to speak to my wife to let her know I was going to be OK. This is the worst experience I every had to live through and the best hospital / staff experience I could ever hope for in this situation. Whe I was diagnosed on Friday I was dying of cancer, by the following Monday night I was cancer free and recovering. Surgery 3 days ago.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2012