Ratings for Dr. Stuart Gershman

My meeting with Dr Gershman was very enlightening and his advice most helpful. His subsequent action has been superlative.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

This dr is charming. Seems to listen. I got to see my X-rays and MRI, he pointed out what the comments about the X-rays meant. Then, at the end told me that I was in more pain than I should be and used the politically correct version of "it's all in your head": Neuroplasticity of the brain is creating more nerve endings to register pain than isn't actually that bad. Basically, he read that I had fibromyalgia and chronic headaches, did a few tests, and decided I wasn't in as much pain as I was registering. One of his tests put my lower back in spasm and had me running to my chiropractor. It took three sessions to settle it, and it still isn't back to where it was, pre-Dr Gershman. As far as the clinic goes, it seems they are only interested in shots and surgical candidates. All in all, I wasn't impressed. My GP's locum was more helpful and provided more information. I feel sorry for anyone who sees Dr Gershman for an ICBC claim or a WCB claim. He was very behind schedule, which doesn't bother me. I figure that some patients require more time than is allotted.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016

Arrogant, does a lot of talking and not a lot of listening which leads to errors and misinformation

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

Dr. Gershman was wonderful--authentic, connectable, caring, patient, articulate, smart, astute, helpful, and highly competent. I appreciated his clear clinical decision making process and felt comfortable following his recommendations . I work in the helping profession and would give him top of the class marks.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

If you are seeing gershman it means you have some kind of insurance claim, disability, icbc, wcb etc. am I a phycic? No He works for the insurance companies, dont think he will help you, he helps only himself and the insurance company, if he helped you it was purely unintentional.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2015

Very genuine man with integrity. Dr. Gershman is straight forward with care and compassion. You can tell he has many years of experience and truly understands and listens. I would highly recommend him. I am very honoured to have him as a doctor.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2014

Great listening skills. Felt very comfortable with Dr. Gershman. I see the Doctor as very knowledgeable. It was a Work Safe request that I visit this Doctor. The case worker I have been assigned to has not responded to his assessment as yet; no reflection on the Doctor.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2014

flag | Submitted July 26, 2013

I have to concur with some of the negative raters about Dr. Gershman. I saw him for many years at UVic. Very helpful. Very knowledgable. Very compassionate. Very generous with his time and help. Felt like a friend all the way. Amazing. Except one or two off remarks over the 7 years that I ignored because they didn't make any sense. Unfortunately, they made sense later when I had an ICBC case, and simply needed a witness that I'd had physical disabilities for years, earlier. He didn't even touch or examine my back, which was the complaint... only my knee, which was disabled before and no longer was. I thought it odd, but figured he was just going to write me a positive report. Without sharing a single concern with me, only later did I find out his report to ICBC said I had "somatic" tendencies. Ouch!! Coulda shared that with me once! What a shocking about face. I respectfully concur that his warmth and hospitality do not translate into advocacy. I recommend caution.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2013