Ratings for Dr. Stuart Gershman

Definitely works for the insurance companies. Didn't want to hear what worked for my pain. Told me I was wrong when I told him what my symptoms were. Told me I didn't need the significant surgery I had. Obviously the Orthopedic Surgeon and Neurosurgeon were wrong in my diagnosis ;) It's in all of our brains people!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2018

I can not believe this Dr, is still in business, his listening skills a 0. He says he does not work for I.C.B.C but I really don't believe him. I am injury and he has the medical evidence in front of him and he has the nerve to say it My pain is all in my head. No respect for the injury people.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2018

"It's all in my head" wow what a nice guy. even with medical evidence that my back is injury

flag | Submitted February 16, 2018

I was send to Dr Gershman from WCB. He looked at my MRI which has protruding discs and an annual tear and pinched nerve. He process to turn my leg and not once not twice but three times and hurt me and set me back in my healing. My foot is 100% numb again from the pinched nerve that he seen on the MRI. this is who wcb seen us to. Basically, he read that I had fibromyalgia and chronic headaches, and that I am old. And at my age is what I keep hearing, that funny before my injury I was out working the 20 year old. and he love to tell his patients that the pain (It's all in your head), who does he think he is. WCB and This Dr must be stopped, if you have had a problems like mine and have some advice on how to deal with them not listening please help and email me please at mustbestopped@gmail.com

flag | Submitted February 2, 2018

My meeting with Dr Gershman was very enlightening and his advice most helpful. His subsequent action has been superlative.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

This dr is charming. Seems to listen. I got to see my X-rays and MRI, he pointed out what the comments about the X-rays meant. Then, at the end told me that I was in more pain than I should be and used the politically correct version of "it's all in your head": Neuroplasticity of the brain is creating more nerve endings to register pain than isn't actually that bad. Basically, he read that I had fibromyalgia and chronic headaches, did a few tests, and decided I wasn't in as much pain as I was registering. One of his tests put my lower back in spasm and had me running to my chiropractor. It took three sessions to settle it, and it still isn't back to where it was, pre-Dr Gershman. As far as the clinic goes, it seems they are only interested in shots and surgical candidates. All in all, I wasn't impressed. My GP's locum was more helpful and provided more information. I feel sorry for anyone who sees Dr Gershman for an ICBC claim or a WCB claim. He was very behind schedule, which doesn't bother me. I figure that some patients require more time than is allotted.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016

Arrogant, does a lot of talking and not a lot of listening which leads to errors and misinformation

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

Dr. Gershman was wonderful--authentic, connectable, caring, patient, articulate, smart, astute, helpful, and highly competent. I appreciated his clear clinical decision making process and felt comfortable following his recommendations . I work in the helping profession and would give him top of the class marks.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

If you are seeing gershman it means you have some kind of insurance claim, disability, icbc, wcb etc. am I a phycic? No He works for the insurance companies, dont think he will help you, he helps only himself and the insurance company, if he helped you it was purely unintentional.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2015

Very genuine man with integrity. Dr. Gershman is straight forward with care and compassion. You can tell he has many years of experience and truly understands and listens. I would highly recommend him. I am very honoured to have him as a doctor.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2014