Ratings for Dr. JAY S. Berenter

I am sorry that I didn't read this evaluations before my surgery. He is very rude doctor. He doesn't explain any procedures before surgery so one goes to the mercy of this doctor. My surgery was bad.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2015

My wife and I have both had foot surgery performed by Dr. Jay. My wife has had a bunionectomy and two hammer toe surgeries. All of her surgeries went very well. I recently had a big toe joint replaced because all of th e cartilage was gone and the joint was arthritic. Dr Jay replaced the joint with a metal implant. In all of my years and all of my many surgeries, this was the least painful experience I ever had. Prior to surgery I was unable to walk due to the pain. Within four weeks I was able to walk again without any pain. There was some stiffness which was to be expected. My experience with Dr. Jay was a professional, successful one. Remember to do what Dr. Jay says to do post-op. Keep the foot dry and wear the duck boot whenever you are walking.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2014

Rude, rude, rude. He got extremely upset with me because I told him his staff did not fit my daughter's orthotic correctly. It was ½ inch too small. After spending $425 on the orthotic, we wanted it to fit properly (not have my daughter's to hang out). He said , "Too bad, she must have worn a different shoe." WHAT? I insisted on a different orthotic. He said if I didn't leave the office, he would call security. I told him to go ahead but I would either get my money back or a new orthotic. He refit my daughter, she got her orthotic and we never went back. THE WORST doctor we've EVER been to.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

I agree with some of the reviews. They are very true and I had the same feeling too. 1. Dr. B didn't spend enough time on each patient, 2. His office staff are very professional and they did all the work, 3. Accounting department is the one I'm complaining about. Please get your story straight and be consistent with the numbers. I kept calling the office every time I received the statement and trying to figure out the correct number matching the statements from insurance company. (It is not very big number, only $65.) I have never seen a doctor office running like this before (with the attitude in letters and mistakes over the period). It is ok just to ADMIT THAT SOMEBODY MADE MISTAKES SOMEWHERE AND APOLOGIZE! The history of the statements is like a made-up story. The accounting department is just like a black hole. Wish you got audit ASAP! There are many doctors out there in the city. Do your research before going there and avoid all the hassle I had with them!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2014

Careful: Dr. Berenter did not perform the operation he described before surgery. My original condition involved 2 toes. After the operation I have developed foot and ankle problems. I would NOT recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2012

This WONDERFUL doctor has done 2 PAINLESS surgeries on my feet that corrected problems from 3 other local podiatrists! Thank GOD I listened to my primary doctor and saw Dr. B instead of being influenced by the GARBAGE posted on this site !!! I asked him about it and turns out all the negative postings were done in retaliation for dismissing RUDE patients or ones who didn't pay their bills from his office! Shame on this site for not monitoring content!!!

flag | Submitted December 23, 2011

Bought orthotics for my daughter from this doctor which worked but he did not honor the orthotic insurance policy he sold to us. Replacement orthotics were to cost only $89 (payable thru the doctor & not the insurer) but he continues to send bills for over $500 to me and claims the insurer is terrible and he doesn't use them anymore. The billing staff says they will return my calls but the NEVER do. I had to physically go into the office and still the doctor sticks to his same illogical story. I am considering small claims court with this doctor. This guy is arrogant and dishonest!

flag | Submitted April 14, 2010

Dr. Berenter performed neuroma surgery on a Thursday in July 2009 and I was back at work the next week. By week three I was able to wear my normal shoes and at week four am almost pain free. Dr. Berenter was very kind, knowledgeable, and trustworthy. This was the third surgery he has performed on my feet and all have been successful. I trust his recommendations for treatments and know first hand that he is great surgeon. He is very friendly, approachable and has a great personality.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2009

Dr. Berenter performed successful bunionectomy's on my left foot in 1999 and right foot in 2007. Both surgeries went extremely well, even the one with the On-Q pain pump, no problems experienced as noted by others. He is great and I am seeing him again for a Morton's Neuroma. He is very knowledgeable, kind, and takes the time talk everything over with you. I trust him and will be having a third surgery and am confident that it will be as successful as the others! His staff is also wonderful, if you need a great Podiatrist, please consider him.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2009

Honest, straight up answers, very pleasant. Went through a series of shots for a neuroma, although I ultimately needed surgery. Successful surgery eliminated the pain I had, which was keeping me from taking long walks. Would definitely recommend Dr. Berenter.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2008

Dr. JAY S. Berenter's Credentials

• California College Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1985)