Ratings for Dr. Laird Birmingham

Amazing eating disorder doctor: professional, insightful, caring, knowledgable and extremely helpful.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

I've been seeing Dr. Birmingham for a number of years and know what a true professional he is. He is thorough in his assessment and takes the time to help me understand the medical issues I have. He has a broad base of knowledge about medicine and often recognizes the answer to my query shortly after we've starting talking. No other doctor I've gone to has been that astute. I have a complicated medical history and appreciate the way he informs me of the options available and best next steps. In addition to all that he is extremely upbeat, always in a good mood and genuinely a nice guy. The best of the best in my opinion!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

Nice enough and very experienced, but more focused on research than individual patient care. In respect for his approach to ED, I have seen him 'box' patients into definitions and disregard important contradictory details, which is why I only gave him a 3 for knowledge as he is otherwise very learned on the subject.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2013

You do not deserve to be so successful sir. Meeting you was a terrible experience for me, you left me in worst shape than I was before seeing you. I am stunned at you lack of accountability to your patients.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2012

He used to work at St. Paul's Hospital. Not anymore. But I had him as my doctor. He is very knowledgeable. I'm sad he left the clinic at st.pauls.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2010

Dr. Birmingham is always patient and kind. He always listens to what I have to say. I feel understood for the first time. He is an world renowned expert in his field and his treatment has been very effective. I am so lucky to be seeing him! He is the best doctor I know.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2009

Dr. Birmingham was a pleasure to deal with. He is thorough, curious and diligent. He stayed the course with me and eventually came to a diagnosis that 3 other specialists who did not/would not invest the effort to do so. I am so pleased I had the pleasure of being treated by Dr. Birmingham and I can now move forward with my life and understand that my conditions/symptoms were not "in my head" that I actually had a neurological disease. Thank you Dr. Birmingham.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2009

Dr Birmingham saved my life. He was kind but honest, and he helped me to understand my disease as well as look into other medical problems that were underneath, no other Dr had even thought of looking deeper. It is going to be a huge loss to St Pauls Eatting Disorder clinic when he leaves.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2008

Yes, he is good at his job; however, I felt that he focused too much on the weight/body fat of the patient in the treatment of eating disorders. That may have been more of a deficiency of the program itself rather than Dr. Birmingham's practice per se, though...

flag | Submitted September 29, 2008

St. Paul's Hospital is very fortunate to have Dr. Birmingham heading up their Eating Disorders Program. He is incredibly knowledgeable in the field and has an amazing way with his patients - He treats them with respect and compassion regardless of their circumstances and is a great motivator towards health! I am in recovery from an eating disorder which lasted over 24 years and have seen Dr. Birmingham off and on since 1990 - and what can I say - he's amazing!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2007