Ratings for Dr. Maxine Hetherington

I have had 2 visits with this doctor and I DO NOT recommend her. I seen her for myself for an infection and she had to reference her prescription book which took a long time for something simple. The second time I had to deal with her was with my mother. My mother was admitted to the Leduc hospital under her care. My mother was in the hospital for 2 months and not once when my sibling or I were there which was daily we never seen her attend to her. We had to set up a meeting with her in her office to see what she was doing for her. She had no idea who she was as her records were not up to date so she had to call the nurses desk at the hospital to find out what she was on for medications. My mother past away and this doctor??? to this day has not contacted me to tell me what she pasted away from. I had to find out from the funeral home. Also to this date she has not sent any files over to her family doctor or for that matter loaded any information into the data base that the doctors pull information on. This doctor should be held accountable for her unprofessionalism and lack of responsibility. I wonder if she sent a bill to AHS for care for my mother or other patients she never treated.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

I was in to see Hetherington this week. I have had her for years. She listens to what I say and when my brother died of colon cancer she sent me to be checked, I had bad knees and she sent me on to a specialist I really like what she has done for me. I think some people think that drs. are there to cure you in fact you gotta look after yourself first, I don't go running in to see her for every little sniffle. It has to be frustrating for them as well.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2016

I went to see her desperate for relief from an awful cough which had kept me up all night and made me puke. She prescribed me a nasal spray and when I asked for cough medicine she said I can take some over the counter stuff. When I told her I did and it didn't work she laughed and said it never does and wrote me a prescription for something (I didn't know what until the pharmacist told me it was antibiotics which I didn't need since all I had was a cold). I had lost my voice coughing the night before and she told me I sounded "hoarse" and was constantly annoyed that she couldn't hear what I was trying to say as if I purposely didn't have a voice. I waited 40 minutes past my appointment time with a baby and a toddler to get absolutely no help. The guy who pumped my gas right after was more caring and helpful.

Submitted November 2, 2015

Not interested in treating the cause, only the symptoms.

Submitted October 9, 2014

I am very pleased to have Dr.Hetherington as my doctor. She is very kind to me and genuine. Always asks how my ill mother is doing. She has even called me at home to see how I was doing. She has referred me to specialists when needed and listens to my concerns and is very helpful. I don't have anything bad to say about her.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2012

flag | Submitted September 8, 2012

I went to see her and another lady was called in at the same time as me. I was put into a different room while she saw the other patient. I was waiting for a very long time when she finally came in and called me by someone else's name, I corrected her and she looked pretty confused. She then proceeded to tell me that she had called someone else in before me and had updated my chart with their medical information and wrote a prescription to that person in my name! Then she totally ignored my reasons for the visit and told me i was constipated when I wasn't. I will definitely be switching my family doctor and would not recommend her!

Submitted September 19, 2011

I seen her twice and ONLY twice. to me, she not a good doctor. She is not interested in my opinions and she missed diagnosed me and gave me bladder pills (Which cause an infection) when I had was a cyst on my ovary

flag | Submitted August 26, 2011

I went to see her after hurting my shoulder, she got me in for an xray right away. She is a wonderful doctor and does take time with her pateints.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2011

When i was younger everytime we went to her, we would leave crying, also she miss diagnosed my mom causeing a much larger amount of radation then needed my mom lost 90% of her hair. Thanks Lady

flag | Submitted January 3, 2011