Ratings for Dr. Dov B. Goldstein

If you are considering seeing Dr. Goldstein. DON'T!!! Every penny you spend in this clinic is a wasted one - for two reasons - Dr. Goldstein himself and his terrible outdated practice. The list of grievances I had with this doctor is long - bear with me. The first thing is that he is dismissive and at times outright rude. He does not treat you like an adult but like a school girl. I reacted very strongly to Clomid and was very concerned about twins because my mom had twice twins and I was at the time already 37. I had four mature eggs after stimulation and I told him that I was very concerned to go ahead with the IUI. He got totally impatient with me and bawled at me that there is not such a thing as wanting to be a little bit pregnant "either I want to be pregnant or not" and regarding my question about the risk of twins he seriously said: "You might get none, one or you might be one of the lucky bird who gets two!" All exams and procedures were really painful and in one occasion he injured me seriously during a hysteroscopy to remove some fibrosis which apparently prevented me from getting pregnant. I believe it was the cervix which he injured because it was still bleeding a week after. This is particularly disconcerting because the biggest risk of this procedure is getting an infection in the uterus that can endanger your ability to conceive. Prior he had made me go through Hysterosalpingogram twice in one day. One that was checking my tubes and the other to check my uterus lining. The tubes were checked in a clinic nearby the other one in his office - both tests could have been performed in one exam. BUT texts performed outside of his office cannot be billed by him to your insurance or you. Both exams were extremely painful and so were most procedures that I went through. Even if I one time said that I am in pain he would again be dismissive and act as I was simply too sensitive. In addition, he is NOT on top of things. He would have stopped a cycle half completed because he calculated the day of my cycle wrong. I had to watch every step and felt that I have to check on everything because I trusted him less and less. I know now that I was correct because the doctor I saw afterwards was a bit astonished how the IUI were done. It was two IUI back to back with the trigger shot given on the first IUI which is not common at all. Also there is no statistical evidence that two back to back are more successful – over one well timed. It is the timing that is crucial. In addition, if your second or first falls on a weekend – you are out of luck. I was supposed to repeat an IUI 58 hours after the trigger shot. No chance that the egg that was released was still viable and again – when I pointed that out to him he said that based on my blood results he can tell that I ovulate a ridiculous amount of hours later than the statistical average. Again I felt he just wanted to be able to bill the procedure even though it would have been a complete wash. I asked another reproductive specialist about that and she 100% agreed. She said he wanted to make up for not being able to treat you on Sunday. And that is where I come to point about going to a clinic rather then to an office with a single doctor. The issues with a clinic like that is, that it cannot afford to be open over the weekend, have a lab that allows to perform basic blood work that needs to be in the same day. That is also when you check the success of reproductive specialist – single offices are less successful because they always will have inferior facilities. This is not necessarily their fault but that is why going to a clinic that owns its own lab is to your advantage. You will be served promptly – you will be treated when your cycle requires it, the monitoring process is much more efficient in particular since blood is frequently analyzed on site and thus the results are available the same day. Several doctors have a much larger sample and thus also more experience and can exchange experiences. I am going now to the Fertility Center of Illinois in Chicago since I moved there and I tell you it is day and night. I feel so well taken care of, none of the procedures hurt, I am taken totally seriously, I am well informed and if I need additional information I receive it promptly and the informed decision I take is respected. I got pregnant on my fist IVF cycle and I believe one of the reason was that the facility is really to nogch and because I felt so comfortable there. Thus, don’t waste your time if by any means you can afford it. You might end up paying more of poorly monitored and performed cycles then a more expensive and well organized one. I do have to say one good thing though and that is about the main nurse, whose name I now forget but she is somewhere from Eastern Europe. She was extremely nice and is very competent. And again Goldstein treated her not very nicely either. I seriously hope that she will take another employment.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2016

There is one good thing that I can say about dr Goldstein - he made my first son a reality. The rest of the experience was nothing short of a nightmare. The treatment was rude, files were kept in an untidy way. Instructions given to me were handwritten in a way that I couldn't understand, causing several incidents of incorrect dosages (The doctor doesn't have a computer at his desk...). I missed more than one cycle because of the way in which the practice functions. And worst of all, I made the mistake of coming back for a second treatment with Dr. Goldstein. This was completely my bad. After three times that I visited him, he actually asked me if I was ever pregnant. The cold, absent-minded, careless way in which I was treated I would not wish for anybody. Yes - one treatment worked. No - I would NEVER recommend this Dr to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2014

Me and my husband found that we have infertility problems. On the first time we knew he was the right doctor to accompany us in this journey. He is very patient, answer to all questions, check all the documents, and during the procedures and the checks very gentle. We highly recommend to consult with him!

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

If you have infertility problems stay away from this doctor, do not waste your time or money. Money Hungry doctor whose main goal to drag you into his office every week and take blood and other unnecessary procedures so he can bill insurance company. I wouldn’t recommend this doctor, not even as a gynecologist. He should not be allowed to be a doctor anymore. i

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

This doctor is an isreali man who makes real nasty prejudice comments openly about muslims around the office. He made muslim women working in the office to quit and leave the office even they were not working for him just because they could not tolerate his nasty hostile comments about arabs and muslims

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

1st consultation with Dr. G was on 1/6/14. I'm 39 years old. I have my egg retrieval 3/1/14 and Egg transfer 3/4/14. I got my BFP two weeks after ET. I am currently 27 weeks pregnant with IVF boy/girl twins. My overall experience with Dr. G. was great. Thank you Dr. G. and staff for making this possible for my husband and myself :)

flag | Submitted August 24, 2014

I have two children now 8 and 10. I refer a lot of patients to this beloved Dr.Goldstein. He is a dedicated physician.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2013

I did IVF with Dr. Goldstein at the age of 44 and now I'm pregnant with my own egg. At this age of mine Dr. Goldstein never discouraged me like what other doctors did. He did his very best to help me fulfilled this baby dream. Dr. Goldstein is very professional, friendly, funny and extremely sweet. He was gentle and encouraging in the whole process. My treatment passed by like a breeze. The staff at his clinic is very knowledgeable and helpful. I was given their private contact numbers which they will answer my questions any time of the day, any day of the week.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2013

I left my last OB/GYN for a few reasons and was hesitant to trust a new doctor. Dr. Goldstein was friendly, professional, personable and thorough. At my first exam he found a cyst that had to be removed right away and 2 days later the procedure was done. I was so thankful for his expertise and his very personable staff. All of the women who work for Dr. Goldstein are friendly, helpful and professional and you can see that that they all have a great camaraderie. I hope I get to have Dr. Goldstein for many years to come!!

flag | Submitted May 3, 2013

I would like to first thank from the bottom of my heart dr Goldstein as well as Mio and Melanie . We could not conceive for over 6 years and with dr Goldstein's help we are now two months away from meeting our precious baby girl. We were successful with our second try with ivf and again dr Goldstein and his staff were very considerate,understanding and comforting as this was a very difficult journey for my husband and I. Dr Goldstein always puts his patients first as he would call me with updates after hours and weekends. I would recommend him to everyone with fertility issues. I am definitely coming back to him for baby #2.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2013

Dr. Dov B. Goldstein's Credentials

• Technion-Israel Inst Of Tech, Fac Of Med, Haifa, Israel (Grad. 1975)