Ratings for Dr. Gerald T. Dang

Dr. Dang has created a nightmare for my loved one and our family. He did an outpatient surgery that he was totally out of his expertise and his experience. He did a day surgery that he botched so bad it left her rushed by ambulance intubated and in critical condition. He then had to do an emergency surgery that late night to fix the perforated bladder and liver that he had caused. He even admitted to being in over his head had to call in his colleague for help. My loved one was left intubated for 4 days in ICU. After our 2am conversation with him that night we could not get in touch with him. No partner nor person from his office contacted us till we found he had left the country and was in the Caribbean on a cruise. Critical care docs did their rounds as expected, once they had proof of what had happened they were shocked. It has been a more than a week now and finally my neglected love one is getting excellent care from the hospital docs that have taken over. Please heed these words.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2013

My husband ended up in ICU for several days after a procedure done by this medical provider. The staff at the outpatient surgery center would not allow me to go back and see my husband in the recovery area, and he was there from 11 am until after 5 pm. The nurse said she was afraid to let me go back there because she feared I would "be upset" when I saw him. Indeed I was. He was talking gibberish, as if he'd had a stroke. Just prior to my seeing my husband, I had talked with Dr. Dang by phone and he told me it would be better for me to take my husband home, and that this was not an emergency requiring hospitalization. My husband almost died and spent days in ICU on dialysis. We are lucky he survived.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2011

During my procedure, I complained of pain and it took several minutes for him to respond. Nurses were wandering in and out of the room while I was facing the door half undressed, during the procedure. Later I found out that the procedure he used was actually outdated and is currently know to make the problem permanently worse. When he was trying to address the pain the procedure caused, while I was crying, he talked to me about it in the hallway, in front of nurses and other patients, instead of in an exam room. Lastly, I paid almost a grand to see him with the end result being that my problem was worse, not improved.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2009

Dr. Gerald T. Dang's Credentials

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2002)