Ratings for Dr. Mark A Moran

Dr Mark Moran is a nice person but he relies to much on his staff instead of actually listening to his patience. Not everyone who sees a pain Dr is a drug seeking addict. Some people are truly in pain and looking for an answer. What hurts most is he is the Dr giving the meds and making the decisions on how many to take the pills and how often the fact that you might not be in pain and might not need to take the drug is not considered. If I didn't take my meds a few days I MUST somehow not need them or not be using them correcting . It can't just be oh great she must be having a good week and does t require pain meds. he should know better than anyone the effects of the meds and the harm it causes to stop taking them suddenly. And yet he and his staff could careless if his staff tells him something it MUST be true without talking to his actual patience. I am completely hurt and confused by his decision to say again without speaking to me he can no longer treat my pain management the same as he has been since 2013 .. I think common sense should factor into all decision you have someone you been treating for 3 years and never questioned once if they were taking all their meds and that plays no part in a choice you make that affects their live ?? Also knowing they need surgery and they have proven issue . That does t say good Dr . I put up with a lot going to this office because I thought he was fair and a honest person who cared a lot about people. The wait time in that office is the worst! I had an appointment and wasn't seen for 2 hours and yet it's not understandable after waiting 2 hours I might be a little pissed off and not in the mood to remember every detail in every question they asked me 3 or 4 times in the span of 2 different girls asking the same thing .. I said yes to everything in the hopes of getting home before 7pm my goodness ... All I knew is I was late back to work and I wanted to get back. But due to my mistake my caring and thoughtful dr office says the issue with the patience not them. I call leave messages and if my call is returned days later and they normally have no idea what I called about or need. The day in question I Go in to use the restroom for the urine test and there are 6 different cups of urine sitting in the same restroom it was gross. So if your ever told results on urine test you might question if the test is even completed on the correct urine . My last visit they had to let me use the employee restroom because the other one was so nasty. The staff was standing there with the lights off in office already no one picking up Urine or cleaning . I was told to just leave my urine on a random shelf with urine that looked to be there all day and my name wasn't place on it prior to leaving it . This office has a lot to learn about patience care before they assume the worst. Lesson here always take cell phone pics and keep good notes if you choose to deal with this office attention to details is not what they do best.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2016

Dr. Moran has helped my pain level and has done numerous procedures. The phone system has improved recently and you might get lucky and get a live person. Charmane in scheduling will NEVER return your call nor answer her phone. I hope she is gone from there. totally unacceptable. Dawn is my favorite office person...she is always so nice and helpful and always gets things done when others don't. Irene, NP, really tries to help you but is very slow. I had a first appt. after lunch and after an hour of waiting, I finally had to walk out. They are generally prompt with my medication refills.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2015

Dr. Moran is very compassionate and shows empathy. He always tells me not to give up that he will continue his treatments until he finds a solution to my problem. His staff are the best and very considerate of my needs.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2013

Dr. Moran was pleasant, knowledgeable, made me feel at ease. Explained his findings, and his proposed treatment plan in a way in which I could understand. The staff was friendly, personable and helpful.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2013

Dr. Mark A. Moran is one of the best I have had the pleasure of treating me for pain. He is extremely professional, punctual, kind, courteous, and helpful. Along with this wonderful doctor is his staff of kind, caring, and professional people. I, without a doubt, highly recommend Dr. Moran. He diagnosed me on my first visit, and am now feeling so much better due to his complete knowledge in his field. I am honored to have met Dr. Moran and his wonderful staff. On a scale of 1 to 10, I rate Dr. Moran a 15!!! Thank you Dr. Moran for helping me!! Donna W.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2012

Dr Moran is arrogant, unresponsive and does not respect the opinion of a patient. My pain has not really improved much since I have be seeing him (over 5 yrs) and he is not concerned with my quality of life. My main complaint is that he does not listen to or consider what I have to say as being valid. He throws back complaints and concerns by saying that I should take it up with my primary care physician, even though I tell him that I feel that I need him to evaluate a particular problem. I feel mad, sad and bad when I leave his office; he has an air superiority instead of compasion and humanity. He smirks and walks away when being addressed. My pharmacy does not get timely responses for refills. He has given me responses that I know are incorrect and wants to argue if I speak up. The list goes on. The staff is kind and supportive. I really don't see how they work with him. He is not the guy to see for pain consultation. I recommend you stay far-far away from Dr. Moran

flag | Submitted May 1, 2012

Everyone was very nice & patient really enjoyed my visit

flag | Submitted November 28, 2011

Dr. Moran is by far the best dr i have had in a long time. He always took my pain seriously, and worked hard from day one to help me manage it and find ways to decrease it. Dr moran and his incredible staff are literally the best.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2011

Dr. Mark A Moran's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio (Grad. 2002)