Ratings for Dr. Jason Abbott

Prof Abbott is amazing!!! After being admitted to hospital on a Sunday morning with endo pains, he took a phone call on Sunday afternoon, told the ED gyno to admit me and saw me the very next morning to schedule my surgery! He has been so accommodating and helpful with my whole journey and am so appreciate of everything he has done for me!! Would definitely recommend to anyone suffering with endo!!!

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

The best there is in endometriosis care in Australia. I recently had a ten hour surgery with him that has given my life back. This included a bowel resection. Two other surgeons touting to be the best both refused to treat my deep endometriosis disease. I went to doctor Abbott desperate and very scared. My pain was immense and I was completely disabled by my disease. I couldn't even walk up a few stairs with out loosing control of my bowels and was on enough pain meds to tranquillise an animal. One previous surgeon even operated on me twice leaving extensive disease behind.A testimony to Dr Abbott's resource and knowledge he specialises in hard cases other surgeons are too scared to take. He isn't into gynaecology for quick money, like so many others. I've seen him publicly and privately and I'm treated the same. This is extremely rare, usually a second class citizen when you're in public with other Gynos. His breath of knowledge is immense on any female problem. He has a very good bed side manner, and can translate medical information and up to date research in a way that anyone can understand. abbott has never laughed or dismissed my questions. He is very humble and won't stop until you're feeling better. I know this because I've been in hospital with him twice for two weeks each time. He is committed to teaching and his team of fellows are learning to be as great and compassionate as he is. The gynaecological ward at The Royal Women's is a leading institution tackling all sorts of issues including pelvic pain physio. Alana healthcare is also amazing centre which has an extensive team of Gyno and fertility specialists. Abbott is a world class surgeon and Gyno we are lucky to have. We are the envy of the world, where many women can only access insufficient ablative surgery at great cost. To get this level in the public system... We are very lucky to have Medicare and Dr Abbott

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

I can't fault Associate Professor Abbott. He recently performed a laparoscopy on me for endometriosis and my entire experience with him has been fantastic. He has an amazing team who make you feel at ease, he is extremely skilled and knowledgable and has a great bedside manner. He seems like a genuinely kind person, who I can't imagine would treat anyone differently. I can't recommend him enough.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2016

Dr Jason Abbott's Business Manager advised him that I had cancelled my planned operation(which was incorrect). After being admitted to ward- Dr Abbott told me my surgery had been cancelled- when informed that the information had been incorrect..

flag | Submitted September 26, 2015

Dr Abbott allocates approx 15mins for appts with his private patients. His bedside manner needs improvement.

Submitted August 26, 2015

Where do I start with dr jason abbott. After seeing him as a public patient for many years most of the time he was good until he went to professor and passed me off to his students and everything went down hill....... didn't have the time of day for a public patient anymore and the doctors I was seeing under him couldn't care less basically your not our problem try pain management. Seeing another gyno now who so far is GREAT and very concerning and caring. Thanks to jason abbotts crew my endo has grown to the extreme. Thanks for nothing. Ps they don't return phone calls hence me going elsewhere but that's been a blessing in disguise.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

He's is a fantastic and honest dr, but he is very hard to get into and expensive. The expense is worth it though as he gives very thorough testing and it is all done there on the spot. No guess work just the latest technology to tell you what's really going on.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

Amazing! So glad I was directed to him. I wouldn't go anywhere else. Amazing bed side manner. Visited my hospital bed each day to see how I was going. Nothing was too much trouble. I don't even remember going into theatre. His team are brilliant and I can't thank them enough. It's been two years and I am free of endometriosis after having stage 5.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

amazing Dr

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

Lovely natured specialist. Makes you feel comfortable. Knowledge is great. Hasn't done surgery on me but see him for endometriosis.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2014