Ratings for Dr. Richard H. Bensimon

I’m reasonably healthy, don’t smoke, only drink socially on occasion and have done a pretty good job protecting my skin from excessive sun, but decades of a stressful career had taken their toll on my face. My sagging face was distorting my appearance and making me look much older than my actual age. A medical practitioner recommended me to the Bensimon Center in Portland for a consultation. Dr. Bensimon and his staff treated me with genuine sincerity and respect and I quickly felt at ease as we discussed solutions to alleviate the harsh look that deep furrows, drooping eyes and the onset of a double chin had rendered my once chiseled features. I had never considered aesthetic procedures before and didn’t want to try to make myself into something that I wasn’t meant to be. And I certainly didn’t want to look like a mannequin. I simply wanted to undo some of the ill effects that stress had etched on my face and realize a normal, natural, masculine look in keeping with an active, physically fit man in his fifties. Dr. Bensimon and I decided that a face lift and eye lift, conducted during the same procedure, would greatly reduce the sagging beneath my eyes, in the lower portion of my face and under my chin. He also recommended a follow up procedure to address the deep creases in my forehead and beside my mouth. The procedure to address my creases would entail the painless removal of fat from my abdomen that would then be injected into the creases. Following the fat transplant, a peel would be applied to the creases to reduce them further. As someone who is a bit phobic about even the most minor medical/dental procedures, I would only allow something like this to be performed by a surgeon I felt was truly experienced and completely competent. I wanted a friendly, compassionate surgeon who was confident and professional but not arrogant or harried, someone who would take his time with me. Of course, I wanted a surgeon who is held in high esteem by his peers and patients. And I had to feel equally comfortable with the surgical nurse and medical technicians who make up the surgical team. In short, I felt completely at ease with Dr. Bensimon and the entire surgical team at The Bensimon Center, and agreed to the procedures. The procedures were painless and recovery time was short. And most of all, the results were what I was hoping for. Nothing extreme - I don’t look like someone else, I simply look like I did years ago before my face started to turn to mush! I like the way I look now, I feel more confident and upbeat. I somehow even feel more virile. In the back of my mind, I used to feel that I was getting old before my time. I don’t feel that way anymore; it feels like I have a new lease on life. I look, and feel, normal and natural. And I’m happier for it! On a side note, the aesthetic procedures were only a part of an overall lifestyle change for me. I always did cardio workouts and weight training, but now I allot time for stretching/yoga. Most of my workouts are now shorter but more varied. I now eat a paleo/primal type diet and I’ve lost fat without even trying. My blood pressure is back to normal and I don’t have to take medicine for it any longer. Inflammation from my osteoarthritis is much less frequent or intense as it used to be. Generalized body aches have greatly decreased. And my high stress job is a thing of the past! In summary, when I started to consider aesthetic procedures as an option, I realized the hardest part would be to find a doctor I could trust. I was fortunate to have been recommended to The Bensimon Center and I am glad to have had my procedures performed by Dr. Bensimon and his staff. The results that Dr. Bensimon predicted were the results that I actually realized and I am completely satisfied with them. I highly recommend the Bensimon Center and would certainly use them again.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

Please don't go to this clinic, I am very ill with a postoperative staph infection that I shouldn't have. I have been advised by an attorney that the only way to win a malpractice suit against a doctor is to be dead and I don't intend to die. Please heed my warning. I wouldn't treat a dog the way Dr. Bensimon and his staff have treated me,

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

I am extremely pleased with the tumescent liposuction work he did on me. Painless during and after the procedure, and very smooth result.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

Dr. Bensimon and staff are very helpful and truly care about their patients! I could not be more satisfied with the outcome of my procedures!!

flag | Submitted December 30, 2013

Dr Bensimon has left the Pearl Women's Center and is now right up the street at his own office. It is very beautiful and the energy is very calming. It is much easier to get an appointment. I don't understand why when I search for him it keeps going to the old website. His new website is www.drbensimon.com. He is wonderful- hope this helps everyone find him.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2012

Dr. Bensimon is an accomplished and skilled surgeon who also has an exceptional staff. After two other consults, my daughter and I consulted with Dr. Bensimon. He spent over 90 minutes with us and demonstrated an impressive level of experience, knowledge and confidence. We left this appointment knowing we had found the best possible surgeon. Dr. Bensimon first performed a rhinoplasty combined with deviated septum repair as well as chin implant on my daughter and she is thrilled with her results. Shortly thereafter, I had a chin liposuction, abdominoplasty and internal breast lift with augmentation. The surgery was far easier than anticipated and my results exceeded my expectations. I attribute the ease of both surgery and recovery, and our positive outcomes to Dr. Bensimon's aesthetic eye and extraordinary skill. The Pearl Women's Center is beautiful and very calming. The staff is prompt is answering any questions with detailed and accurate information. A wonderful experience!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2010

I am 5 days post - op from breast augmentation with an internal lift on the right side and I am thrilled with the results! My surgeon is Dr. Richard Bensimon and I would without hesitation recommend him to anyone interested in this procedure. I interviewed with two other surgeons and did my home work before meeting Dr. Bensimone. Once we discussed what my options were as a 47 yr old (who did not want to look 27) I knew I had met my surgeon. Dr. Bensimone is fully credentialed, well respected among his peers and is incredibly skilled as a surgeon but beyond that he is thoughtful, caring and interested in you as an individual. And that's what sets him apart from the rest. The Pearl Womens Center and support staff are equally wonderful. The attention to detail and follow up is something I've never experienced. It is worth noting that I had several consultations in which I never felt rushed or misunderstood and there was no charge for any of them.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2009

Dr. Richard H. Bensimon's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1979)