Ratings for Dr. Leanne E. Watson-Ficken

I have had nothing but good experiences here. The Dr. is awesome. I can at times be hardheaded and stubborn, but she never lets me win our battles. The office staff is really easy to get along with, with the exception of one lady. I would recommend her to anybody.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2013

Am in waiting room right now. My scheduled time was 95 minutes ago. Getting ready to walk out the door.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2013

Dr. Watson-Ficken is awesome. Takes time needed to discuss any problems you have. Very good bedside manner, very thorough, calls you back in reasonable amount of time. Always has a pleasant assistant to help you. The office staff at Tesson Ferry is terrible, but the staff at Winghaven (since she moved) is always pleasant, helpful, and goes the extra mile just like her. I would recommend her to anyone. She has also taken care of my 87 yr.old mother; who is stubborn and disagreeable and capably handled her moods with patience and compassion. She has been wonderful with me and my Mom & Dad. She can manage any situation you have and has always made herself available when needed. She has always ordered tests when needed and calls with results and explanations you can understand.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2012

I had the same issue with the new patient policy and the receptionist giving me a difficult time regarding not being there 30 mins early. I was 15 mins early and was not aware of having to be 30 mins early. In the end, they did see me. I am not overly impressed by the staff, but the doctor is patient, a good listener, and appears thorough. I will continue to see her, but would love to one day see support staff that I actually like.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2011

I went to see lots of Drs about my health issues and was werry about going to a female dr since i am a male. but she is great helping me get through my problems and has even made calls after work to check on me. My grandmother also gos to her and love her also.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2011

I scheduled a new patient appointment 2 months ago. The scheduling person called me a week ago to reschedule me because the doctor had something going on that day. So I had a new patient appointment scheduled for today. Showed up 15 minutes before my appointment to fill out new patient paperwork. The receptionist said to me with a SMILE on her face "Your too late". She stated that even though my appointment was at 2:30 I needed to be there a half hour early to fill out paperwork. Needless to say I am not happy. I had to take off work and drive a half an hour there to tell me I could not be seen. Not to mention the receptionist was smiling about it. VERY unprofessional. It only takes 5 minutes to fill out any paperwork, I would certainly like to know what takes 30 minutes. Good luck keeping your patients especially with the receptionist you have on staff. If any of my employees acted like that...they would be GONE! I will be letting a whole lot of people know not to go to this practice.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2011

I have had such a positive experience with Dr. Watson-Ficken. I wish I had found her a long time ago!!!!! She is extremely thorough in her exams and obtaining the correct medicine. She does not hesitate to order a test to be performed as other doctors are worrying about the insurance company.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2009

Reception staff was okay as a new patient I was asked to arrive 30 min prior to fill out paperwork and I arrived 20min before my appt and the lady at the front desk asked if I had a good reason for being late. I told her there was an accident on the highway and she said she was unsure if my full physical would be done due to my not arriveing 30min prior. The paperwork took all of 10 min to fill out. Besides the initial encounter I found the nursing staff very friendly and efficent. The doctor was very complete in my assessment and was more than accomadating. Wait time was very minimal and she even apologized for having me wait 10or15 min past my appt time. Routine labwork was obtained right downstairs and the whole appt from beginning to end took about 1 hour which I thought wasn't bad for a new patinent appt with bloodwork. I look forward to working with Dr Watson-Ficken in the future

flag | Submitted August 20, 2009

Dr. Leanne E. Watson-Ficken's Credentials

• University Of Kansas School Of Medicine (Grad. 2002)

Amerigroup