Ratings for Dr. H. Patrick Stern

My son was eighteen before he saw Dr. Stern. He listens, take's in reports, and does a complete good. After years of my son being missed diag. Dr. Stern and his office turned all that around. I can't thank him enough. My son is in college and is being successful despite all his challanages.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2011

Dr Stern delivered a diagnosis that was not what a parent wants to hear, nor what most parents are prepared to deal with. But after working under his guidance-the proof is in the improvement of our child's behavior and academics. Dr Stern is very helpful and qualified to deal with difficult diagnosis and behavior issues. I highly recommend him to any concerned parent dealing with behavior/academic issues. I found his staff extremely helpful and kind, especially Judy and Subproena.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2011

Very Pitiful Doctor and Staff. Need someone that actually gives a crap. Receptionist "JUDY" was very hateful

flag | Submitted February 14, 2011

Dr. Stern saw my son for 5 minutes and diagnosed him with autism based on the fact that he liked stuffed animals. My son actually had selective mutism, which means when he gets shy he stops talking until his anxiety goes away. The good Doc told me my son would be normal in 6 months, then to make my next appointment for 6 months from then, and that I could get free money from the government for having a "special" kid. He also said to avoid other doctors, and stick with only his opinion, because others might disagree. When we told him our son didn't act the way he was telling us that he should if he had autism, he said "Well, I disagree". Based on what info, I have no idea, because he didn't even see him long enough to diagnose a cold. If you have taken your child there, I would recommend getting a second opinion, unless, like he suggested, your there to get "free money from the government". He should be ashamed to call himself a doctor!!

flag | Submitted August 19, 2009

Dr. H. Patrick Stern's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Chicago, Pritzker School Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)

Multiplan