Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey Mendelsohn

I was given a cancellation appt and couldnt have been more relieved. He was straightforward and didnt waste any time. I did have to wait but I was just thankful that he didnt see anything wrong with me. He and his staff were very nice

flag | Submitted May 10, 2018

It is interesting that the previous review should coincide with mine this same date (Apr 18, 2018). My cynical side questions whether it is from a patient. That aside: I am a regular patient seen by Dr. Mendelsohn every 6 months for many years. If you are unable to immediately schedule your next appointment with him while you are in the office or have the misfortune of having your appointment cancelled by his office or you cancel your appointment, forget about trying to contact the office by phone. I had an appoint last August which his office cancelled. For the next 3 and a half weeks I called daily, different times of the day, multiple times of the day...impossible to get through. I continued to try the same strategy over the next 6 months calling with no luck getting through. This same thing happened to me about two years ago when his office cancelled. Today I finally got through only to be told that office policy dictates that I now have to get another referral from my family doctor because it has been longer than 6 months since I was last in. It is also "office policy" that they make no effort to contact and rebook the patients whose appointments they cancelled. No voice mail messages can be left on their answering service and you can press "0" all you want and it rings until you get the recording that you will need to call back and are then disconnected. Dr. Mendelsohn has been a fantastic doctor to me over the years but this office insanity has to be improved significantly. There is no thought to patient/customer service and the huge waste of time and OHIP expense created by antiquated services. I have never experienced this with any other medical specialist.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2018

My Word of advise to all patients Listen to the voicemail and Press "0" guaranteed you'll get through they have advised me to do so after walking in to book an appt and complain to the girls. I guess it was a lack of common sense on my part I always thought that if i get the voicemail it means they are not there however i took the time to listen to the instructions and got through after pressing "0". Hope this advice will help any frustrated patients with trying to get through.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2018

He did septoplasty on me and it did not work..I have to get another surgery. Also didn't remove any of my polyps, had to find out from another doctor a year later...

flag | Submitted April 10, 2018

I have had nothing but great experiences with Dr. Mendelsohn and his staff.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2018

Dr. Mendelsohn was a great doctor. He performed a tonsillectomy on me at age 30 and did an excellent job. Having this surgery later in life is much harder to recover from and I healed up quickly and without any issues. He is very professional and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2018

He removed ear wax so roughly I yelped and had pain for two days after. Have noticed since then that my tinnitus is back again. I think he was rushing because his waiting room was so crowded. I waited an hour after my appointment to actually get in. I think we need more specialists so doctors don't have to rush like this. I hope my tinnitus settles down again, or pretty costly visit for me, it is interfering with sleeping.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

Horrific staff. Never answer the phone so trying to book a follow-up has been impossible. After my first visit when I had a very serious concern and needed to speak to the doctor, the staff would not let me and old me they would see if he had time to call me back...of course he never did. Can't believe a doctor would be so ignorant as to hire such uncaring, incompetent staff.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

I echo the comments about the abysmal staff and telephone system. But why do people separate the staff situation from the Doctor? This is his medical practice and business. If he knows the staff situation he doesn't care. If he doesn't know, he should. He is ultimately responsible for the running of his own practice/business.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2018

Dr. Mendelssohn is a great doctor, very personable and knowledgeable. The issue I have as it seems most people on here do also, is trying to reach the office. I have an appointment that I have been trying to cancel for 2 days but have been unable to do so because NO ONE answers the phone. The office does not take messages either so what is one to do? I hope for the sake of his practice that he takes a good look at his staff and get them retrained or replaced. It will be interesting to see what happens when I don't show up. After 25 calls in 2 days...i think I'm over trying to reach them. My job does not allow me to sit on the phone all day.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2018