Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey Mendelsohn

I ended up cancelling my appointment and got referred to another doctor. The staff absolutely never answers the phone and there is no option to leave messages or get a call back. It's a shameful way to treat client's time. In fact, although I have my new referral, I'm still having trouble getting through to cancel this one.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2018

Dr. Mendelsohn is a fantastic person and doctor. Each time I meet him I am pleased. The wait is minimal. He has good professional knowledge. He is efficient. I don't know what the females at the desk do though. They check patient's in while chit chatting to each other, they do not answer the phone, they look like they are gossiping about something on the internet. Why have them? they seem useless. Should upgrade to technology and get rid of them, the office will run even better.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2018

Fabulous Doctor, however you cannot call, someone said push 0 that doesn't work either. All you get is a phone that doesn't let you leave a message, it says call back. I am still in shock.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2018

I was given a cancellation appt and couldnt have been more relieved. He was straightforward and didnt waste any time. I did have to wait but I was just thankful that he didnt see anything wrong with me. He and his staff were very nice

flag | Submitted May 10, 2018

It is interesting that the previous review should coincide with mine this same date (Apr 18, 2018). My cynical side questions whether it is from a patient. That aside: I am a regular patient seen by Dr. Mendelsohn every 6 months for many years. If you are unable to immediately schedule your next appointment with him while you are in the office or have the misfortune of having your appointment cancelled by his office or you cancel your appointment, forget about trying to contact the office by phone. I had an appoint last August which his office cancelled. For the next 3 and a half weeks I called daily, different times of the day, multiple times of the day...impossible to get through. I continued to try the same strategy over the next 6 months calling with no luck getting through. This same thing happened to me about two years ago when his office cancelled. Today I finally got through only to be told that office policy dictates that I now have to get another referral from my family doctor because it has been longer than 6 months since I was last in. It is also "office policy" that they make no effort to contact and rebook the patients whose appointments they cancelled. No voice mail messages can be left on their answering service and you can press "0" all you want and it rings until you get the recording that you will need to call back and are then disconnected. Dr. Mendelsohn has been a fantastic doctor to me over the years but this office insanity has to be improved significantly. There is no thought to patient/customer service and the huge waste of time and OHIP expense created by antiquated services. I have never experienced this with any other medical specialist.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2018

My Word of advise to all patients Listen to the voicemail and Press "0" guaranteed you'll get through they have advised me to do so after walking in to book an appt and complain to the girls. I guess it was a lack of common sense on my part I always thought that if i get the voicemail it means they are not there however i took the time to listen to the instructions and got through after pressing "0". Hope this advice will help any frustrated patients with trying to get through.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2018

He did septoplasty on me and it did not work..I have to get another surgery. Also didn't remove any of my polyps, had to find out from another doctor a year later...

flag | Submitted April 10, 2018

I have had nothing but great experiences with Dr. Mendelsohn and his staff.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2018

Dr. Mendelsohn was a great doctor. He performed a tonsillectomy on me at age 30 and did an excellent job. Having this surgery later in life is much harder to recover from and I healed up quickly and without any issues. He is very professional and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2018

He removed ear wax so roughly I yelped and had pain for two days after. Have noticed since then that my tinnitus is back again. I think he was rushing because his waiting room was so crowded. I waited an hour after my appointment to actually get in. I think we need more specialists so doctors don't have to rush like this. I hope my tinnitus settles down again, or pretty costly visit for me, it is interfering with sleeping.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018