Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey Mendelsohn

I echo the comments about the abysmal staff and telephone system. But why do people separate the staff situation from the Doctor? This is his medical practice and business. If he knows the staff situation he doesn't care. If he doesn't know, he should. He is ultimately responsible for the running of his own practice/business.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2018

Dr. Mendelssohn is a great doctor, very personable and knowledgeable. The issue I have as it seems most people on here do also, is trying to reach the office. I have an appointment that I have been trying to cancel for 2 days but have been unable to do so because NO ONE answers the phone. The office does not take messages either so what is one to do? I hope for the sake of his practice that he takes a good look at his staff and get them retrained or replaced. It will be interesting to see what happens when I don't show up. After 25 calls in 2 days...i think I'm over trying to reach them. My job does not allow me to sit on the phone all day.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2018

Dr. Mendelsohn fixed an long standing issue for my son; was very pleasant and patient. That's the good news. The bad news is his staff. I wish I could think of something good to say about them but there simply isn't anything. I have no idea how you can run an office without an answering machine but if you do go that route HOW ABOUT ANSWERING THE PHONE. I have literally had to get in my car and go over there to ask a question and/or get information prior to surgery on multiple locations. On one visit the hours on the door said they should be open but despite knocking and knocking nobody answered but when I went back later in the day the girl swore to me she was in the office all day and never heard anyone knocking. Dr. Mendelsohn your staff are not only ignoring the phone but telling you they are in the office when they aren't.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2018

Dr. Mendelsohn is fantastic but his front staff need to be replaced immediately. They talk about patients without any discretion.. they laugh about patients. They are not kind or helpful. I am a medical secretary for over 25 years and his staff are useless. They need to be reported to the college. I have never treated our patients ever the way these so called receptionists treat dr. Mendelsohn’s patients. Get rid of them.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2018

Get better receptionists. Very rude and unprofessional and lazy.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2017

USELESS. Good luck trying to contact them. PoS.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2017

GO ELSEWHERE Overcrowded office.PHONE doesn't take MESSAGES so u call again&again&again&again. They CLEARLY DON't CARE ABOUT THEIR PATIENTS. Just in it for the bucks.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2017

I'm actually shocked. My 4 year old son had an appointment this morning at 9am so I pulled him out of school and also dragged my 1 year old. I show up to his office at 170 queensway and there was a note on the door saying all appointments today are at credit valley hospital. I was frantic and assumed credit valley was next door and sped over there. When I went inside I realized credit valley is the other hospital about twenty minutes away. Is it a joke? Nobody informed me where the appointment would be. I couldn't believe it. I will never go to see this doctor just because he had incompetent staff.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

Dr. Mendelssohn was amazing! He was finished with my surgery in 15 minutes and I have not had a single issue with my throat since. He was very sweet, considerate, and helped me with a problem no doctor could take care of after 2 years of pain. His staff however, are the most unorganized, irresponsible people I have ever met. I finished my pain medication with knowledge that a refill was waiting for me at my drug store. Turns out the fax was never sent and now I'm left in agonizing pain and absolutely no medication and cannot reach his office. Love the doctor, hate the staff.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

Hmmmm... hard to make an appointment over the phone. Should I just go in person?

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017