Ratings for Dr. Frank P. Barrows

Dr. Barrows cared for my older son with Type I diabetes. When my second son was diagnosed he spent hours on the phone with me providing both medical and emotional support.I highly recommend him. He is great with my boys. They like him as well.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2010

I am a mother of a child who is 11 yrs old and has been seeing Dr. for 1yr now. Thank God it is only now every six months. he told my child she was OBESE. I had asked him to refrain from using that word. She is by no means obese. he does rush the appointment and really doesnt allow you to ask questions, and when you do ask, he gets annoyed.My daughter had hypothyiroidisum and insolin resistant. She is taking synthryoid and he wanted her to take gloucaphage. When i asked why, she doesnt have dieabetes and I didnt want her to take it, what was another alternative, he was annoyed and said we can try diet and exercise. she had to see the dietician there also. She was very nice. and that is working. so my child could have been taing a medicine that would have made her ill or have bad side affects. he also didnt want her to take the generic brand synthroid cause he said so...lolDo you know what I had to go through with my insur, co...omg..crazy. But it is very hard to find Ped.Endro.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2009

Dr. Barrows has a very poor bedside manner. I'm a teenage girl and the only option he gave me was "increase activity" and "lose weight." He put me on Metformin, which made me extremely ill, and when I told him this, he told me to keep taking it. He had no regard for my feelings and was ready to walk out the door as soon as he walked in. One time i had an ultrasound for a thyroid tumor and a day later his office called telling me i had to come in with both my parents right away. When we got there (scared to death) he said he never told us all to come in and that everything was fine. What a poor doctor. good thing i'm 18 now and can go to an adult endo.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2009

This Dr. has no regard for a childs feelings or input in their own care, and he calls himself a pediatric endo. I have never met a Dr. with such a POOR bedside manner, or the lack of respect for the parents and patient. To have someone berate you in front of others does not make for a professional. And to insist on only one type of treatment that benefits his practice instead of the patient themselves, this I do not call a dedicated MD, or in this case a DO.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2009

Dr. Frank P. Barrows's Credentials

• Umdnj New Jersey School Of Osteo Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Top Hospitals in Long Branch, NJ