Ratings for Dr. George Aguiar

My husband and I were very happy with Dr. Aguiar. He repaired our son's fractured arm. He was so kind to our son and took a lot of time explaining everything that needed to be done. He was excellent and I have recommended him to friends. He is the best!!

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015

Dr. Aguiar is one of the best. I have been into see him for myself and my kids and he is always competent, punctual and friendly. I recommend him to anyone looking for an orthopedic surgeon.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2014

Overall the clinic staff was very friendly. My interactions with Dr. Aguiar were minimal and he barely spent any time talking or listening to me. The billing department in the office is a nightmare. I was incorrectly charged a copayment of $50 during a post-op visit. The staff acknowledged her mistake but told me I would not be charged for my following visit. However, I did receive a bill for my following visit. Discussed it with billing and after several calls and after I provided back up documentation I did not receive a cordial/professional response. I decided that it is not worth it dealing with incompetent people who hate their job, so I paid the bill. Avoid this place

flag | Submitted April 18, 2014

I wasn't impressed with the appointment staff. I was, however, impressed with Dr. Aguiar. I had broken two bones and was having difficulty getting an appointment elsewhere due to a holiday. Dr. Aguiar told his staff to work me in, and saw me after completing surgery, but before returning to the hospital. I suspect he skipped lunch. He spent the necessary time to review the injuries and x-rays, examine me himself, reassure me, then instruct his staff on casting and on scheduling follow-up. He is friendly, with a good bed-side manner. He asked how it happened, discussed the injuries, and inquired about my concerns (the largest of which was when I could get back to activity). He coached me on what he suspected was needed in that regard and asked to see me again in two weeks. He works with a local high school, and inquired about my children and their education, as a way to make friendly conversation. I would return to see him professionally again if needed.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2013

Dr. Aguiar may be knowledgeable,but he does not appear as he cares. He doesn't go the extra steps to see what the real problem may be. He doesn't listen to patients. I visited him about my knee. He spent only 5 minutes and suggested therapy and asked me to come back if therapy didn't help. He is naive or selfish to understand that it is his job to spend time and be patient with patients.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2013

I visited Dr. Agiar after an abysmal visit with another doctor at Commonwealth. Dr. Agiar glanced at my chart, barely spoke to me, didn't listen to anything I had to say, and said he would order another diagnostic test "if I wanted" and acted like everything was a burden to him. Then his staff proceeded to drag their feet and screw up at every turn, blaming my insurance company to limit their responsibility. My new doctor found the problem easily. Dr. Agiar never even bothered to try. Avoid this entire practice.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2013

His staff is very personable and professional and keep his office running like a well oiled machine. He has fixed both my rotator cuffs and my left knee. His professionalism and calm manner and great sense of humor help put you at ease. I have never had a problem with any of my situations and was able to get back up to speed very quickly. I would not go to anyone else.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2012

Had a pretty severe injury. Dr. Aguiar never checked for nerve damage. I had severe nerve damage which was found by one of my other doctors. Dr. Aguiar also would change his mind from visit to visit about surgery. Spent minimal time with me during office visits. Finally went to another ortho doctor who gave straight answers about surgery and overall condition.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. George Aguiar for over four years. He has performed one surgery on me thus far -- a total knee replacement -- and I'll be using him again this Winter for shoulder surgery. Dr. Aguiar is exceedingly kind and empathetic to his patients. He's the type of doctor you wish could do ALL of your surgeries, because he inspires a total sense of security. There is no pretense or sham with this doctor. He truly cares when his patients are in pain, but never rushes to surgery. He always tries other modalities of treatment first. Unfortunately, nothing helped me. Before my TKR, Dr. Aguiar thoroughly explained the procedure and the possible risks. I was fully prepared for the surgery, but didn't have a moment's concern; I had total trust in my surgeon. I had PT at Commonwealth Rehabilitation (next to their offices) and several times, he would stop in, just to see how I was doing. It meant so much to me. That's above and beyond -- but that's Dr. Aguiar.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2011

Dr. Aguiar is an excellent doctor. He is patient, knowledgeable and understanding. He is also very handsome!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2009

Dr. George Aguiar's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1995)

Healthnet