Ratings for Dr. Richard K. Templeton

Dr. Templeton is an excellent psychiatrist, and I've been fortunate to work with him to find the best combination of medication and talk therapy for my condition. I first worked with him in 2004-2011, and then after a insurance-caused interruption, I've been seeing him in recent months. He's patient, empathetic and very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2019

I wore my work uniform to my evaluation visit with him. It quite blatantly states my profession. Yet, not only did he ask me what I do for a living while looking at his paperwork, later on he asked if I was going to work after this appt. He insists on his patients coming every couple months which is not necessary and is only to pad his wallet. He asked how I have been doing, and I explained to him a recent difficult time. His only response was to say he sympathizes with my brother as men don't usually like to listen . In other words he responded to my situation as a male not as a my doctor. He didn't even listen for m ore than a few minutes before drawing that conclusion. I am quite certain he wouldn't know what happened to me with any sort of detail. Oh, yes, during my evaluation visit, he had to look up something in a little book I told him another psychiatrist had said. And finally, they do not accept credit cards so cannot use my Flex card. Must be cash.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2019

I would come in for my appt, he would be on personal call ad make me wait. Only sits and writes rx. I would stop talking to see when he noticed, find another psychiatrist. Office NOT up to date on technology.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2018

Does not care about patients. Just wants to fill prescriptions. Will give out prescriptions over the phone. Unethical and dangerous.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2018

I've noticed most reviews speak to the patients desire for a more therapeutic atmosphere. While I'm empathetic to their needs, please understand Dr. Templeton is a psychiatrist and not a psychologist. There is a very specific distinction in how they practice medicine. In the many, many years I've seen psychiatrists in several states, Dr. Templeton is by far the most educated, knowledgeable in a variety of areas, and beyond reproach in his ability to diagnose and prescribe medications which accurately treat mental health conditions. IF this is what you seek, then you have found an EXCELLENT physician.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2018

Very obviously don't care. Maybe he's close to retiring or something. Very rude

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

Same as the other reviewers. I came to him with a situational crisis. He acted not at all interested. Didn't go back.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

I agree that you do get the feeling that he really isnt listening and is not sympathetic to or does not care about what you are saying. You feel like you are rushed out with your prescription. Sometimes it seems like he is irritated with you or wants you to stop talking. I do think he knows his stuff just not the best bedside manner.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2013

I was a patient of Dr Templeton for about 2 years. I always left his office feeling like he wasnt really listening to what I was saying or that he really didnt care that much. Appointments were very short talk for 5 mins prescribe meds.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2009

Was not very sympathetic to my anxiety problem, I suffered for years as I was not able to tolerate any antidepressants he put me on and he actually got mad and practically yelled at me that I should be able to take something. Didn't offer much of anything else to try either. I have since found a great doc and feel much better. If your patient says they are shaking in your shoes maybe you should believe them, and a lot of people are very sensative to those meds. I left his office crying after that incident and never returned.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2007

Dr. Richard K. Templeton's Credentials

• Georgetown Univ Sch Of Med, Washington Dc 20007 (Grad. 1974)

Top Hospitals in Annapolis, MD