Ratings for Dr. Farzad Tanha

My brother who is my emergency contact got a call from this office to say that my appointment (which I didn't know I had) was cancelled. I never got a call on my number to inform me of the appointment. When I called them back right away, they had already cancelled even though I have been waiting a long time to see Dr Tanha. I am a lupus patient with severe nerve pain and I will not be getting into a specialist any time soon thanks to poor administration from this office. Treating patients in this manner is extremely unprofessional.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

I've never met a doctor as friendly and helpful. He went well beyond my expectations of a specialist in assisting and arranging multiple tests and imaging as well as being accessible to discuss matters.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

he showed very prompt attention. He was very thorough

flag | Submitted November 15, 2015

Very professional - answered all questions. The tech also answered any quyestions I had.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2014

Dr Tanha is the most present neurologist I have ever met. He was so apologetic towards me and even my husband for having to out me through so much pain so we can get to the root of my (as he put it) massive active nerve damage. I actually look forward to seeing him again :)

flag | Submitted November 28, 2014

Great manner - very kind and Professional. Got all the appointments set up very quickly.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2013

Horrible doctor! Told my mom she had brain tumor from her symptoms. He gave her x-rays, CT scan and MRI on her brain yet it showed nothing. He told her there was no other explanation for her symptoms. Told her to go home and get her affairs in order because he would eventually find the tumor and it must be hiding. My mom was scared to death. She went and saw another Neurologist and within 10 minutes of being in that others doctors office, the doctor properly diagnosed her. No brain tumor but Trigeminal neuralgia. What doctor tells their patient what he told my mom without proof. I would not recommend him to anyone and definitely wouldn't trust my life in his hands.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2013

I was early for my appointment, Dr Tanha came in early for the interview and went back to his lunch while the tech did her thing. She was very friendly, explained everything step by step and helped me when I was having turning. Dr Tanha came back to do the fiddly bits and conduction testing. He was very gentle compared to previous testers and very thorough. He explained what he was doing and why, and apologized after replicating my leg spasm with a bit more success than either of us had expected. He was friendly, he was skilled, had a good sense humour and was very thorough. I'd recommend him to friends and family.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2013

I was waiting for a phone call from Dr. Tanha's office for an appointment. I thought I would phone to get on a cancellation list. Receptionist said they don't have a cancellation list. It would be between 2 and 3 months wait. When I was put on hold she went to speak to the doctor and came back and said that the doctor looked over my file and he said he couldn't help me and that he wouldn't see me. I was shocked and very upset. All I wanted was something for my severe nerve pain. I didn't expect him to cure me or diagnose me. I know what I have. I just wanted a knowledgeable person to go over my options about nerve meds. I always thought drs. were there to help people, not to turn them away....He probably saw that I was diagnosed with lyme disease and didn't want anything to do with this horrible disease. Mad and disappointed in our medical system......

flag | Submitted October 14, 2012

In the spring of 2007 I had lain in a Mission Hospital bed for 3 weeks without use of my hands or legs. Nobody knew what was wrong with me. Finally in desparation they sent me to Dr. Tanha on May 10th at 4:00 PM. By 5:30 he knew what was wrong with me and scheduled an MRI for me at RCH the following morning. Dr. Andrew Lee, a neurosugeon, was there and the MRI confirmed Dr. Tanha's findings. I had spinal stenosis at the 2nd and 3rd vertebrae. Dr. Lee said he would be operating the following morning. Three weeks later I walked out of the hospital almost fully able to use my hands and legs. I will never forget Dr. Tanha or Dr. Lee.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2011