Ratings for Dr. John Abbott Byrd

Does not take time to listen to patients and they often leave confused not knowing where to turn for help.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2019

Dr Byrd performed an extensive back surgery on me two years ago- he corrected my spinal curvature and several

flag | Submitted March 8, 2019

Dr. Byrd performed my 4th back surgery (the first with him) over the coarse of 35 years. He is the only doctor that was able to get me back to 100%. His bed side manner and knowledge is second to none.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2019

Dr.Byrd performed my cervical laminectomy 3.5 weeks ago and the improvement in my gait, and stability is great. With increased strength , I expect to fully regain normal stance and walking ability, thanks to his surgical ability. During my 2 pre-op visits, and today’s post-op visit, he was very personable,and caring, yet professional and willing to answer my many questions, he inspired confidence to proceed with delicate back surgery, and I would highly recommend him to anyone having back and mobility problems.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2019

Dr. Byrd did my back surgery in 2017, I'm doing so much better. Excellent surgeon, very happy with the outcome. Very much recommended.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2018

Dr. Byrd operated on me in the late 1980's. I have not had a problem with my surgical area since that time. My hat is off to him. I now come in every few years for a check-up.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2018

Dr. Byrd performed surgery on my back in 2013. I came out of that surgery worse than before. On one of my follow up appts. the nurses warned me that he was in a bad mood! His elbow hurt. I asked him why I wasn’t getting any better. He looked at my notes, and asked me in a angry tone “how long do you expect to live, anyway?“. I was 59 at the time. Stay away from this guy!!!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2018

I had put off having surgery for 10 years but when it got to the point I could not stand more than 5 or 10 minutes without my leg giving way then it was past time to do something. I got the best care and the surgery was successful with a 95% improvement. I did get a second opinion before I scheduled surgery but Dr. Byrd seemed more concerned with my well being and the outcome of my surgery. I definitely made the right choice.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2018

Previous surgerys performed by a different doctor had left me with unsatisfactory results. I was unable to walk without a cane. Even with a cane I had a very limited distance and severe pain.I had come to feel that I was going to spend the rest of my life as a severely handicapped senior. I have been under the care of Dr. Byrd for the last 5 months. Dr. Byrd accomplished a revision of the previous surgerys and reestablished proper alignment of my spine while decompressing several nerve roots with the assistance of Dr. Vincent. The first time I stood up after the surgery I felt like a different person. I had gained back some of the height I had lost from my previous surgeries. It was great. Previous pain is gone, my outlook on life is greatly improved. Thank you Dr. Byrd

flag | Submitted March 18, 2018

Kind and professional, and willing to help in any way he can.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2017

Dr. John Abbott Byrd's Credentials

• Medical College of Virginia (Grad. 1978)

• BCBS Illinois