Ratings for Dr. Tolliver L. Higgins

I have been a patient of Dr Higgins since 1990...I have had nothing but excellent diagnostic results, getting to bottom of any problem quickly and thoroughly. He listens before speaking, then proceeds with efficiency. Extremely friendly which gives me a very comfortable feeling. Those who disagree with me should look at themselves and ask why they feel this way---what is their approach--they themselves could be at fault, therefore unable to judge correctly. (JR)

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

Dr. Higgins is very attentive and approachable. He has an innate ability to recognize an individual's state of health. His knowledge level is evident in his response to questions.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2012

Dr Higgins wife and his daughter laughed at these reviews. We lived through many years of having the phone ring all hours and hearing a caring dr help his patients. We can dig him with these comments. Great fun

flag | Submitted April 21, 2011

I did not find Dr. Higgins as rude as the previous reviewer- but he was condescending and shall we say, lacking in bedside manner. (I would give examples, but I don't wish to be that specific). I picked up on the dismissive attitude toward holistic/natural health that is so common in standard US MDs. On the plus side, he was fairly thorough at first visit and did not rush the appointment. Basically, he will ask the right questions to prescribe you the FDA recommended pharmaceutical or treatment. If you're good with that, he strikes me as competent. I'll probably be looking for a different general doctor.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2010

I agree with the other reviewer. This guy was more interested in pushing anxiety drugs than in figuring out what the problem is.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2010

This is the most arrogant, condescending, and rude doctor I have ever met. If he cannot figure out what is wrong, he dismisses it and tells you it's in your head. Don't waste your time and money on this guy.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2009

Dr. Tolliver L. Higgins's Credentials

• Bowman Gray School Of Medicine Of Wake Forest University (Grad. 1974)