Ratings for Dr. Horace Vaz

Was a patient for app. seven years. Seen him regarding alcohol problem many times over the course of several months. He never pulled my driver's licence. Problem escalted, had nervous breakdown and admitted myslef voluntary to mental health unit at NYG. Pyschiatris who talked to me very briefly determined I suffered from alcoholism and wrote the mto and had my license pulled. Afterwards I went clean but Vaz made it clear he did not want to get involved. It ws a sad ending to what was a farily good relationship.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2010

Dr.Vaz retired and left his patients in the air without referals to other doctors.Good doctor but at the end just did not care. Shame on him and his wife. NO NEED TO DELETE THIS POST!!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2009

He retired last June and left all his patients in the "air".Did not provide alternative doctors to choose from.A disgracefull ending to a long practice.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2009

Was a patient for many years (Dr. Vaz is now retired I think). Staff very helpful and getting an appointment has always been fairly workable. Dr. Vaz is knowledgeable and his diagnoses are good, and that is perhaps the most important thing offered by him, since we're there to see him for health care. However, agree with some of the other comments posted here that he can be rude and patronizing, maybe even arrogant. Deep down, I do think he cares about his patience and the practice of medecine.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2009

I have been a patient of his for most of my life. I agree with others. He really knows his stuff. But you don't always feel 100% comfortable with him. He can be moody and rude. What irks me is that after he's done with a patient, they are about to walk out the door and he'll stop them, call them back into his hallway and talk to them about things (ie: make sure you get your stress level down etc.).

flag | Submitted May 6, 2009

Dr. Vaz is very knowledgeable, and keeps his appointment schedule on time. He is frank and doesn't beat around the bush with you, but I have never known him to be rude, arrogant or mean. I have been quite happy with his practice for many years now.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2009

I've been a patient of Dr. Vaz's for over 30 years. I would agree with other comments about his bed-side manners. At times he can be rude. However, he really knows his stuff and is an excellent doctor in this regard. He knows how to treat illnesses, no doubt! I think his rudeness may be because deep down he really cares about his patients. However, I think he shows it in a funny way. Also, you never have to wait long - he doesn't over-book like most doctors do. It's not about the money for Dr. Vaz. Overall, I am pleased with him.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2009

I've been with him for over 30 years. I don't need "manners",what i need is a good doctor,and that, he is.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2008

MAKES PERSONAL EFORT WHEN SPECIFIC CARE IS REQUIRED. BEDSIDE MANNERS COULD USE SOME IMPROVEMENT.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2007

I was a patient of Dr.vaz for many years.I have to agree with the first comment...POOR MANNERS....Your there because you're sick and want comfort....no patience and a poor way with the tongue regarding comfort....The last time I went to him was my Son's decision of not wanting to return....My Son was so upset with the way he spoke to him...And ask to find a new doctor. It was difficult for me to leave with having him for years but my Son's comfort had to come first...an adult can deal with the quickness but your child can'tI feel it's time for him to retire in which I thought he did....Been away from him now for 3 years and happy with my new doctor of 3 years. Sorry but good with medicines but when not comfortable or afraid to speak what's the point?????

flag | Submitted April 16, 2007