Ratings for Dr. Michael Nsisi

After suffering severe headaches from a car accident (regular pain medication didn't help and I tried waiting it out but it lasted for weeks) I made a visit thinking at the very least I could get a note allowing me to withdraw from one or two classes with cause. Michael refused and insisted I would need to schedule myself a visit with a neurologist. I explained to him that according to the registrar office a note from my family doctor would be sufficient. In response he just preached about his church. Seeing as I couldn't drive and I had a full schedule of classes and school work I was never able to get myself the help I needed. On the other hand, he was very thorough when he thought I had the mumps.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

He was nice to my daughter gave her a candy....I veiny like my daughter taking candy from strangers she is only 2 kinda wish he wouldn't have done that she was fine...then I tried making an appointment with a new dr there and I got denied then told that being as I haven't seen Michael in 2 years he closed my file!! I had only seen him 2 months before that not 2 years absolute worst dr and staff ever

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

Office unorganized and inefficient. Arrived for my first appointment on time, had to wait. Discovered that all the pre-visit paperwork I had painstakingly filled out was somewhere, but not scanned into my chart or available. Slated as a meet and greet, but physician wondering what he could do for me. Second visit a general check up and again physician wondering what he could do for me. Had not looked at any info in my chart so quickly scanned through while I was in exam room. This time I waited for close to 45 minutes for my appointment (visit was booked) which became close to lunch. Physician made it very clear he was in a hurry to finish the appointment so he could go have his lunch as he was hungry. Decided at that time that this particular physician would not be a fit for me. The one positive outcome from my visit to this physician is that he prescribed a medication, which I had never used before, that helped treated headaches that I had been having several times a month.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

He has been our family doctor for four years and he never seems to take our medical issues seriously. He prefers to lecture you on religious matters rather than look into your issues. Worst doctor ever

flag | Submitted March 31, 2016

This guy is the worst doctor I have ever dealt with. I lost so much time in my life with health issues dealing with him. I finally changed doctors, and now I am getting properly taking care of. If only I could get the time wasted back. He just didn't seem to care at all about me as a patient. But hey, that is most doctors.. I am glad I have a good doctor now..

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

Dr Michael has been my physician for 10 years, I have severe and chronic problems. Not once has he ever attempted to help me other then prescribing medication. He continually goes through severe mood swings. You never know what you will get. I've been in for a preposition medical and literally spent 1 full hour being preached at about God. And this wasn't the first time. I was told a week ago by his staff to file a complaint after he basically threatened me. I came out of his office stunned only to be told he personally attacked the person in front of me as well. Honestly I never trusted him to do what was best for me, he made covered my prescriptions and listened to me. I literally had to obtain an advocate just to get it across to him how sick I was. I spent 2 years bedridden, he sent one referral to a surgeon. Nothing else. At no given time did he have my back, pick up the phone and tried to get me some help or into Calgary. I did everything myself. After being degraded last week I'm not leaving him after 10 years, not my choice as I know how tough it is just to get help when your chronically ill. So pick your poison, if your well versed in your health and know what you need your ok. Leaving him to figure it out won't happen. I believe he is on the verge of retirement. Now that he has the methadone clinic in his office space I do not feel secure even going in there. He is inundated with this type of clientele, he's frustrated and taking up out on innocent people, so simple things he's good for. Serious issues which don't require study he can well manage. Don't be a enigma cause this is not the place to be.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

Very informative and caring for clients. There clients health come first. sincerely, Michelle Bruce

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

This doctor is an excellent doctor. He has been our family doctor for over 2 years. He is also my parent's doctor. He was on top of things and sent my dad to the hospital for a life threatening condition and as a result saved his life. He is personable, friendly and overall a good doctor.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

Dr Michael Nsisi became my family doctor about 8 months ago and I have seen him three times, and on the second appointment he started changing my medication without looking through the rest of my file. Little did I know the new medication he prescribed shouldn't be taken by a person with a history of depression or a family history of depression, in this case I was on mild mood medication and my family also has a history of depression. He did not give me any warnings and I had to find out myself by reading through the warnings that came in the medication box. So now I have to go request that he looks through my file (which he should have done in the first place) and prescribe me a another new medication. Also, whenever I go in for any other issues he will just look through an app on his phone for causes rather than having an knowledge himself... very frustrating!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2014

He's always been helpful and always given me good advice on my issues. I've never had to wait long (10 mins or so) and he's very prompt on getting into the exam room. He's a funny guy and it helps to "break to ice" when telling a new doctor your problems. I used to ADORE the staff there until recently. My last visit they were all gone but one, and the new people seem to be uncaring and rude. I hope this was a bad first impression that they were simply new, and adjusting to the work environment. I haven't been seeing Dr. Michael Nsisi long, but it's been a good experience thus far.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2012