Ratings for Dr. Harvey J. Schiller

Don't want to be critical of a doctor that probably has good intentions so I'll just say........ it's time for him to retire.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

Pays attention, answers questions, clearly knows what he's doing, always knowledgeable about my records, medical status, etc. I've been his patient about a year; so far, he's the best physician I've had.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2009

Harvey Schiller diagnosed me using superstition and prejudicial stereotyping against my appearance.He ASKED NO MEDICAL QUESTIONS for this false diagnosis:I needed a primary care physician.I tried Schiller.WHAT A MISTAKE!He saw my long hair and a beard and that I was prescribed oxycodone,so he jumped to the wild conclusion that I was dependent on it.He sent me to a pain center because HE SAID HE KNEW NOTHING ABOUT PAIN MANAGEMENT. My previous physician Dr.Berkenwald specializes in pain management and opioid dependence.Berkenwald saw me monthly for 5 years and regularly for years before that.Berkenwald now treats ONLY opioid dependent patients.He DROPPED ME SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE I'M NOT OPIOID DEPENDENT:Such patients constantly ask for increase in dosage and pill amount.I never asked for either.After I complained,Schiller's assistant called me to restate the doctor's superstitious belief that anyone on oxycodone is dependent.My experience shows his bigotry, ignorance and incompetence.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2009

Dr. Harvey J. Schiller's Credentials

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 1972)

MSP/BC Med