Ratings for Dr. James H. Pogue

This doctor is a pill pusher. He will write a presription for anything if you give him the $350. If all you want is pills then go see him. If you have a real medical problem go to a doctor that cares. He is a nice guy but all he wants is the money. BUT he will give you whatever type of drugs you are looking for!!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2012

Great doctor. Long waits. Understand some wait times but 4 hours is a little too long for me. He is very wise and very nice. The ladies up front are very rude and the nurse can be nice.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2012

Excellent doctor! Very knowledgeable and compassionate. Long wait time is because he spends quality time with each patients and addresses all questions and concerns.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2011

I went to the ER and was treated and told that it was important to go to my doctor the next day. Dr. Pogues' receptionist wanted to set an appt for me in mid-September. That would be 1 month after the ER visit. The receptionist told me my condition must not have been that serious since the hospital sent me home. I was unable to get an appointment any sooner because they were closing the office for 2 weeks for vacation and that they were too busy to take any appointments.I was told that no other doctor would be answering the patient calls or seeing patients for Dr. Pogue during the vacation. I feel that at the very least, a referral should have been set up for me. I am going to find another doctor and I just hope I find one before needing additional treatment.If not, I will have to go back to the ER.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2009

Dr. James H. Pogue's Credentials

• Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)

• BCBS Massachusetts