You may also like

Rate Dr. Seema Haq

Dr. Seema Haq's Ratings

The problem with Dr. Haq is that she’s an endocrinologist and NOT a diabetes expert. Let me repeat that: Has no clue about modern day Diabetes treatment. That is, Dr. Haq’s approach to diabetes management is right out of the 1970s (checks feet, asks for blood sugar log, sends you to a diabetes educator on the first visit, etc.). The problem with this is that I’m a diabetic with over 50 years of experience with this disease! Why on earth would I need to see a diabetes educator (I’ve learned much more from being part of tudiabetes.com)?! The office does not have an in-office A1-C machine (REALLY!!??). When she saw my continuous blood glucose sensor on my stomach, she asked what it was (OMG!!). She also said that some of my medications are for “type 2s only” (which, with just a little bit of research [e.g., tudiabetes.com, etc.] anyone can figure out that LOTS of type 1s are on these medications, and that these medications do a bang-up job for both type 1s and 2s. She also said that she wanted me to wake up at 3am to check my sugars (Say it with me slow: continuous blood glucose monitoring. Hello?!?). Finally, when she saw that I was taking losartan potassium, she asked if I had high blood pressure (ummmm no….it’s a kidney protector…here doc, let me do some research for you: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3108782/). In sum, skip this one – she’s clueless.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2906328].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2015

She is very rude to me and not helpful. The office did not let me know that my referral had expired and saw me any way. I had to pay her full fee.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2873143].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

I'm a patient of Dr Haq for several years. Since she moved her practice, she has been hard to get an appt with. Has an issue now with new staff turnover. Was very short and unprofessional with me and her nurse at last visit. They don't post labs online anymore. My chart has notes on it that are not accurate.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2764473].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

Staff, puntuality, helpfulness, knowledge, bedside manner, reception staff are all terrible.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2744239].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 7, 2015

excellent physician . felt very comfortable with her

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2672726].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2015

Very cold and impersonal, ordered several unnecessary tests and a referral to another specialist due to misdiagnosing an issue. Follow up with another endocrinologist confirmed her mistakes.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2613880].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2014

Forgets everything and she is very unaware of how diet and exercise that affects thyroid conditions. Asks you what tests they did last time. Her nurse and staff forget to call in prescriptions and will hound you about a co- pay that you already paid. Absolutely no follow up and disorganized. I would not suggest her to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2359482].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2014

I feel Dr. Haq is knowledgable but feel that she doesn't care anymore and has lost her passion. She does not listen to you or even look at you- she is too busy with her head down in the computer supposedly taking notes but as stated in previous comments she doesn't remember anything. If you are wanting someone to listen and care and give you a diagnosis then don't waste your time or money on making an appt with her. She is quick to order tests and send you to other doctors which in return empties your pocket book and in the end there is still no result.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2359481].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

No bedside manner. Very curt and to the point. Doesn't listen very well. No real compassion for my financial situation (I have no insurance and she was wanting me to go see a myriad of other physicians for tests, I assume to prevent being sued if anything were to go wrong with my situation). Assumes the patient knows nothing. She seems to be well educated, just felt like a piece of cattle, moving through the stalls....

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][425806].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2013

Dr Haq has been my endocrinologist for a year and I think she's just great at what she does she's very personable and she takes her time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][425805].votes_count ]]