Ratings for Dr. Seema Haq

I was on 160 units of Lantus insulin/day with mixed glucose control results and an extra 35 lbs, all due to insulin intake. It never occurred to Dr. Haq to suggest putting me on bydureon, trulicity or victoza. I had to hear about this family of drugs from a relative who was taking bydureon, lost a lot of weight, and manged to get off insulin completely. My general practitioner put me on trulicity late last year. I've lost 22 lbs, and my insulin dosage is down to about 60 units /day.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

Poor bedside manner, for sure!! Constantly changing office staff. I do not feel confident in Dr. Haq's competency as an Endocrinologist.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

She is a big waste of time and money. It took forever to get an appointment and ordered tests that were not necessary. Run!

flag | Submitted December 18, 2015

Dr Haq has a very poor bedside manner with her patients, whom she seems to barely remember anyway. She does not listen or address concerns, orders countless unnecessary tests, and in the end misdiagnosed my problem, sending me on a wild goose chase through other specialists, none of whom could find a basis for her findings. I would not recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

The problem with Dr. Haq is that she’s an endocrinologist and NOT a diabetes expert. Let me repeat that: Has no clue about modern day Diabetes treatment. That is, Dr. Haq’s approach to diabetes management is right out of the 1970s (checks feet, asks for blood sugar log, sends you to a diabetes educator on the first visit, etc.). The problem with this is that I’m a diabetic with over 50 years of experience with this disease! Why on earth would I need to see a diabetes educator (I’ve learned much more from being part of tudiabetes.com)?! The office does not have an in-office A1-C machine (REALLY!!??). When she saw my continuous blood glucose sensor on my stomach, she asked what it was (OMG!!). She also said that some of my medications are for “type 2s only” (which, with just a little bit of research [e.g., tudiabetes.com, etc.] anyone can figure out that LOTS of type 1s are on these medications, and that these medications do a bang-up job for both type 1s and 2s. She also said that she wanted me to wake up at 3am to check my sugars (Say it with me slow: continuous blood glucose monitoring. Hello?!?). Finally, when she saw that I was taking losartan potassium, she asked if I had high blood pressure (ummmm no….it’s a kidney protector…here doc, let me do some research for you: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3108782/). In sum, skip this one – she’s clueless.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2015

She is very rude to me and not helpful. The office did not let me know that my referral had expired and saw me any way. I had to pay her full fee.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

I'm a patient of Dr Haq for several years. Since she moved her practice, she has been hard to get an appt with. Has an issue now with new staff turnover. Was very short and unprofessional with me and her nurse at last visit. They don't post labs online anymore. My chart has notes on it that are not accurate.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

Staff, puntuality, helpfulness, knowledge, bedside manner, reception staff are all terrible.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2015

excellent physician . felt very comfortable with her

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

Very cold and impersonal, ordered several unnecessary tests and a referral to another specialist due to misdiagnosing an issue. Follow up with another endocrinologist confirmed her mistakes.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2014