Ratings for Dr. Joseph T. Lamendella

Does he have colored bands?? I don't know what to expect. Please reply as soon as possible.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

Do not go here!!! The absolute rudest receptionist in history! Not worth the 2-3 years of aggravation you and your child will go through. They are completely out of touch with today's kids lifestyles and want of choices of clear braces or colored anything, plus extra fees for everything that even insurance disagrees with and if you can't pay up front in cash for the extra retainer they insist everyone needs they'll hold your kids teeth hostage and won't remove braces. Worst experience ever!!!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

By far the worst experience with an office staff and a dentist in my life. This dentist had my son do $130 worth of tests before getting approval from the insurance company. When the insurance company didn't cover these unnecessary tests (my son did not need braces), they would not treat my other children. In fact we waited an hour and a half the last time we went in, only to be told " the doctor feels its not a good idea to continue seeing your family'. Class act, over $60 (the insurance company paid the $70 for the consult) and we offered to pay the $60 out of pocket, but all because the doctor felt he needed braces and everyone else disagreed - he wouldn't see the rest of my children. The staff were the bitchiest, holier than thou, worst personality people I have ever met in a medical office. I'd stay clear of this guy and his office if I had to make a recommendation.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

I have gone to Dr. Lamendella for my braces and retainer. There is not much variety in color, types of retainer, etc. but overall I am happy with my experience. The office is very clean, staff is nice, and after wearing my braces for 2 years and a retainer for the amount of time recommended, I get compliments for how nice my teeth came out. Dr. Lamendella can get testy with patients who do not wear rubber bands, miss many monthly appointments, or eat foods that break their braces, but it is out of concern for what is best for the patient and the least amount of time necessary for them to wear braces. I would recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2015

Honestly a really bad experience. He is definitely not child or teen helpful he has minimal options from a one choice retainer option to not having any sort of colors or such for kids trying to deal with social pressure of having braces because he thinke they're either not proffesional or "unhealthy". 50 dollars for each broken brace when he knows there kids and they break knowing many people go to him based off job benefits. Very unfortunate he can't be more modern or have options like essex or lingual retainers.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

The staff is really nice and helpful. I see why he gets so many referrals and has so many loyal patients.

Submitted October 11, 2014

My daughter had braces on for 6 months. We had lost our dental insurance, so we were told by the staff that they would honor what the insurance would pay. great news. Well today they called me and told me they werent going to honor that anymore and that we were going to have to pay double what we were paying monthly. And they were so rude about it. No explanation given. So awful. We now have to find a new orthodontist. They are liars and thieves.

Submitted October 1, 2014

THE WORST! I was forced to keep my braces on for 15 years and after a year and half of them being off, I was told by my dentist to see and orthodontist because I was in need of braces due to a severe overbite and a collapsed front!!! After I immediately went back where I was told this kind of thing happens sometimes and no one is guaranteed perfect teeth. To "do the right thing" they gave me a free retainer to wear for 6 months (after my long 5 years with braces and the 6 months after of the retainer after they came off). At 24 yrs old now I went to see another orthodontist where I was properly diagnosed with a tounge thrust and would infact need a speech pathologist and braces (again) if I wanted to correct my teeth. DONT DO IT!!!!!

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

He honestly is the worst orthodontist ever that fact that he has dandruff is bad enough who wants to have their mouth open around this guy when pieces of his scalp could be falling into your mouth. And making an appointment s a huge hassle they always say they are so busy and they dont have any avliablity but thats because he closes the place for NO REASON

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

White haired lady is at the most rude women I have ever met; horrible staff. Oh, and one of my teeth isn't in place so they do not look straight. GET BETTER STAFF, FIRE HER ALREADY.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014