Dr. Stephen L. Grenell

Ratings for Dr. Stephen L. Grenell

I went to him for intractable back pain. He took a history and then asked me to stand up. He put one of his arms around me and then shoved his other hand up my blouse. I wasn't wearing a bra because I was in so much pain I couldn't put it on. HE GROPED ME. I've had breast exams and this was not a breast exam. He said, "When I asked you about surgery you didn't mention breast reduction." He wrote me a prescription for Neurontin and told me to make another appointment to see him. I took the prescription and just left feeling very dirty. I would never go to this guy again.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

Dr. Grenell is the smartest doctor I've ever seen, not just in neurology but medicine in general, as well as other non-medical topics. He is compassionate and caring as well as extremely knowledgeable and on top of new treatments. Since he moved to Eastchester, I've had problems with staff. There are so many of them you rarely get the same person twice. Had 2 problems with appts., problems getting test results and sometimes prescriptions. Wait time is long because he spends as much time as you need, so the wait is worth it.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

I disagree with the comments regarding the doctors staff. I have found them to be very helpful and to have gone out of their way for me several times. Dr. Grenell is a very caring physician whose major fault is that he is never on time because he never rushes a patient. He will spend whatever time is necessary to address your concerns but that puts he habitually behind schedule.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2011

Dr. Grenell is a very competent neurologist but he has been known to give an erroneous diagnosis so always get a second opinion if you see him. His secretary is an abusive woman who needs a psych evaluation.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2011

Dr. Grenell seems very competent but persnickity. He is polite to patients but verbally abusive to his staff, who in turn are rude and abusive to patients. A sad cycle that I put up with because he was recommended by my primary doctor and I did have confidence in Grenell's abilities as a neurologist. Also, there's some big mystery about whether he has a Scarsdale office -- the answering service says he does but the unbelievably rude office staff in the Bronx looked at me like I had 4 heads when I asked if there was another location. Bottom line: Good doctor but if you can find another good one, avoid this one because of the big negative with his office staff. (Plus there is NO parking whatsoever at his Bronx office)

flag | Submitted June 20, 2011

Dr. Stephen L. Grenell's Credentials

• Umdnj-Robt W Johnson Med Sch, New Brunswick Nj 08901 (Grad. 1977)

AARP