Ratings for Dr. Abdelrahman Elashaal

My family doctor referred me to Dr. Alshaal. I called couple time and his staff kept telling that they received nothing. I asked my Doctor to print out the form. When I showed it to them not even a Sorry. I didn't yet see the doctor yet and I'm in my 9 month waiting.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2018

Had total knee replacement (rt knee) 3 weeks ago. He is a quiet guy, but willing to answer any questions you may have. He knows his stuff. I wouldn`t hesitate to recommend him highly!

flag | Submitted May 26, 2018

I had my first experience with Dr. Elashaal on Tuesday at the fracture clinic. Much like the other comments, he has no bedside manner. He did not even look at my ankle or look me in the eye. I have no idea what bone is fractured or what my course of treatment will be. I was rushed through like a number. He made no time for me to ask any questions. The nurse working with him was not much better, I received NO assistance in wrapping my ankle back up, etc. Off you go, get a boot see you in 4 weeks! Very sad indeed.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2018

Dr. Elashaal is the most knowledgeable ortho I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. He is very kind AND VERY QUIET. Don't take his silence for ignorance. He is just a very quiet person and so very busy, he doesn't have the time that I'm sure he would like to have to spend with each and every patient. When you see him in his office, he has the time to discuss everything and answer all your questions. In the hospital fracture clinic, there are hundreds of patients and only one eight hour shift. I have had surgery many times on my left knee with three different ortho's. Thank God Dr. Elashaal was the fourth, the best and the last. Should have had a knee replacement long before Dr. Elashaal did it, but no one would do it because they said I was too young. His staff are completely wonderful people to deal with. I would let him operate on me blindfolded.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2018

I can +1 these comments. My cast had to be cut open by emerg the day after I got it because it was too tight and my hand was numb and black. They booked a re-cast for the following morning. I drive 45min for the apt wait an hour and a half. I get called in to see Elashaal and before I could take my coat off to show the cast he asks who the doctor is who originally casted it and said he was booking an apt for me to see him. Elashaal did not assess or show any interest in helping me. I now have a cut open cast that I'm supposed to manage with until my 3 week follow up and hope it heals properly?? What a joke/waste of time that was.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2018

In all my appointments he barely acknowledged me, he never examined my ankle or looked at me directly at any point. In my first visit he didn't even tell me what bone I broke or showed me my x-rays he just started putting the cast on me which was a surprise because the ER doctor told me I only needed an ankle brace and not a cast. I was all alone and it was the first time I've ever broken anything or been to the ER (which I told him) so I was visibly in shock yet he did absolutely nothing to ease my worries. After they put the cast on me he went back to his computer and then left the room without giving me crutches or telling me where to get them. I had to insist multiple times that they find me some because I clearly wasn't able to leave the room let alone get to a taxi. If it wasn't for one particular nurse who stayed behind and helped me with the cruches even though her shift ended I don't know what I would've done. On my third appointment a nurse took my cast off, I got an x-ray and he told me to get a boot, not once examining my ankle or looking at me directly or giving me any information on my progress or what to expect. Asking him even the most basic of questions like how much weight can I put on my ankle felt like pulling teeth. He didn't volunteer any information, I had to ask where I could get a boot and what physiotherapist to see and when I was allowed to take the boot off and to top it all when he finally gave me a prescription for the boot he gave me one meant for another patient and I had to ask the taxi driver to wait for me while I got the correct one which took nearly 20 minutes because the desk nurse couldn't find him. In all of my appointments he dismissed my questions and concerns, he acted like I was inconveniencing him, like I was a jam in a conveyor belt. No one told me my last appointment was in fact my last appointment so I was shocked when he said "You don't have to come back here" in a very flippant and dismissive tone before walking away. I know being a doctor is hectic but to not even put any effort in tell your patient what's wrong with them or informing them of their progress is unacceptable to say the least. He is incompetent and uncaring and honestly a lawsuit waiting to happen. Going through this experience has been hard both mentally and physically and having Dr. Elashaal as my doctor made it even worse. I wouldn't inflict him on my worst enemy. My recommendation would be to stay clear of this Doctor.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

I had Dr Elashaal for a bicep tendon repair, He did not explain the surgery to me and when I asked on a follow up visit he almost seemed insulted. Between 4 appointments with him, I probably spent about 15 seconds actually talking to him combined. I also received a bill from an appointment for things I never had done. I was told I would have a 2 to 3" scar which turned out to be triple the size and that I would need about 6 months recovery, which its been more then 6 months and I'm still in pain and recovering from.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

It's unfortunate that people associate Dr. Elashaal's professionalism with an ego issue. I have been his patient for over 10 years and have had numerous surgeries to both knee's and through the years have always found him to be pleasant and the utmost professional. I had gone through years of previous surgeries because of sports injuries and had other orthopaedic surgeons in this city but have always found Dr Elashaal the most knowledgeable in his field and always ready to listen and address my concerns. I have sung his praises to anyone who asks about my surgeries and I personally think windsor is lucky to have a surgeon of his caliber. His staff is also extremely nice and always accommodating. Those who have had a bad experience with him or his office may want to look at the other three fingers pointing back at themselves when looking to point their finger at Dr Elashaal or his staff. As far as punctuality he has never kept me waiting unless there was an emergency where his amazing talent was required. I never minded waiting as someday I may be the one requiring his time and keep others waiting.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2017

My daughter had to get her cast on today and he didn't even talk to my daughter. He was extremely unpleasant ! My daughter is 5 and needed a bit of assurance as she was very scared! He just put the cast on with a straight face and not a single word was said! Terrible doctor! He definitely has ego problems!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2017

I had Dr Elashal fix my grad 3/4 ac joint separation. I couldn't be more pleased with the results. He listened to my opinion and at the end of the day did what I asked him too. Great job :)

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017