Ratings for Dr. Abdelrahman Elashaal

In all my appointments he barely acknowledged me, he never examined my ankle or looked at me directly at any point. In my first visit he didn't even tell me what bone I broke or showed me my x-rays he just started putting the cast on me which was a surprise because the ER doctor told me I only needed an ankle brace and not a cast. I was all alone and it was the first time I've ever broken anything or been to the ER (which I told him) so I was visibly in shock yet he did absolutely nothing to ease my worries. After they put the cast on me he went back to his computer and then left the room without giving me crutches or telling me where to get them. I had to insist multiple times that they find me some because I clearly wasn't able to leave the room let alone get to a taxi. If it wasn't for one particular nurse who stayed behind and helped me with the cruches even though her shift ended I don't know what I would've done. On my third appointment a nurse took my cast off, I got an x-ray and he told me to get a boot, not once examining my ankle or looking at me directly or giving me any information on my progress or what to expect. Asking him even the most basic of questions like how much weight can I put on my ankle felt like pulling teeth. He didn't volunteer any information, I had to ask where I could get a boot and what physiotherapist to see and when I was allowed to take the boot off and to top it all when he finally gave me a prescription for the boot he gave me one meant for another patient and I had to ask the taxi driver to wait for me while I got the correct one which took nearly 20 minutes because the desk nurse couldn't find him. In all of my appointments he dismissed my questions and concerns, he acted like I was inconveniencing him, like I was a jam in a conveyor belt. No one told me my last appointment was in fact my last appointment so I was shocked when he said "You don't have to come back here" in a very flippant and dismissive tone before walking away. I know being a doctor is hectic but to not even put any effort in tell your patient what's wrong with them or informing them of their progress is unacceptable to say the least. He is incompetent and uncaring and honestly a lawsuit waiting to happen. Going through this experience has been hard both mentally and physically and having Dr. Elashaal as my doctor made it even worse. I wouldn't inflict him on my worst enemy. My recommendation would be to stay clear of this Doctor.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

I had Dr Elashaal for a bicep tendon repair, He did not explain the surgery to me and when I asked on a follow up visit he almost seemed insulted. Between 4 appointments with him, I probably spent about 15 seconds actually talking to him combined. I also received a bill from an appointment for things I never had done. I was told I would have a 2 to 3" scar which turned out to be triple the size and that I would need about 6 months recovery, which its been more then 6 months and I'm still in pain and recovering from.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

It's unfortunate that people associate Dr. Elashaal's professionalism with an ego issue. I have been his patient for over 10 years and have had numerous surgeries to both knee's and through the years have always found him to be pleasant and the utmost professional. I had gone through years of previous surgeries because of sports injuries and had other orthopaedic surgeons in this city but have always found Dr Elashaal the most knowledgeable in his field and always ready to listen and address my concerns. I have sung his praises to anyone who asks about my surgeries and I personally think windsor is lucky to have a surgeon of his caliber. His staff is also extremely nice and always accommodating. Those who have had a bad experience with him or his office may want to look at the other three fingers pointing back at themselves when looking to point their finger at Dr Elashaal or his staff. As far as punctuality he has never kept me waiting unless there was an emergency where his amazing talent was required. I never minded waiting as someday I may be the one requiring his time and keep others waiting.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2017

My daughter had to get her cast on today and he didn't even talk to my daughter. He was extremely unpleasant ! My daughter is 5 and needed a bit of assurance as she was very scared! He just put the cast on with a straight face and not a single word was said! Terrible doctor! He definitely has ego problems!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2017

I had Dr Elashal fix my grad 3/4 ac joint separation. I couldn't be more pleased with the results. He listened to my opinion and at the end of the day did what I asked him too. Great job :)

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

I found Dr. Elashaal to be very rushed and egotistical. He barely looked at my knee, then diagnosed me with a possible meniscal tear and scheduled me for a scope where he would assess the damage and possible fix it. After the surgery he wasn't to be found, so we couldn't find out what the verdict was. He rushed through my 1-week follow up and when I went back for the 6-week follow-up he didn't even look at my knee, just said to be careful with it. I am now having problems with it again and will be seeing a different doctor.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

Very unempathetic, I know you need to see all your patients, but you could smile and seem like you care a bit more. Spent more time brushing us off than answering questions.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

Had hip replacement 3 weeks ago after waiting a year because of heart surgery. Impressed with how quickly I am back mobile. He and his staff are personable and professional. I will recommend him to anyone that will listen .

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

Replaced my hip last October. Nothing but good things to say

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

Great doctor, friendly, helpful and considerate of others feelings and opinions. Would recommend to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016