Ratings for Dr. Sonya Doherty

Dr. Sonya and her staff have had an incredible impact on my son. I am about to have him assessed for autism but don't think he will be diagnosed at this point. Her treatment is difficult but worth all the effort! Thank you Dr. Sonya!!!!

flag | Submitted September 3, 2017

If you child has ASD or ADHD, you should see Dr. Sonya. Our lives have changed so much!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

If your child has a developmental delay, see her! She has changed our lives tremendously with all our children.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

Sonya has helped our son tremendously. She has helped our son overcome his gut issues and also his issues with ADHD. We cannot thank her enough for all the help she has given our family and we aways look forward to meeting with her when we are back in town for a visit.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

Dr. Sonya is a wealth of knowledge and has helped my daughter with her struggles as an autistic child and has also helped my family as a whole with our struggles as parents of an autistic child. Biomedical Treatment is a rocky road, but following through with her recommendations on supplementation and diet have shown many positive results with our daughter. The front staff at the Natural Care Clinic are always polite and very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

Dr. Sonya is the only one who helped our son. He has tics and autism and we were desperate for help. We have been told many many times there is nothing to be done but now my son's tics are gone and he is speaking for the first time at age 7. Thank-you Dr. Doherty. You and your staff have changed our families life for the better.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Sonya Doherty at a time when I had given up all hope for my child to have a "normal" life. My family doctor had told me not to expect any improvements in behaviour, or diet, and told me that if I did not agree to put my child on heavy sedatives and anti-depressants, my life would never improve either. After being a patient with Dr. Sonya for just over a year, my child is more responsive than I have ever seen. The dietary restrictions were difficult to begin with, but I soon realized that this was something that we could do as a whole family, and we have all benefitted. Dr. Sonya is a very intelligent and compassionate person. She has changed our lives for the better, and I can never thank her enough.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Our son has been seeing Dr. Sonya for over 8 months and I cannot tell you how happy we are to be working with her and her amazing staff. Biomedical treatment is hard! But the staff is so well trained and supportive, and Dr. Sonya knows what she is talking about because she practices what she preaches! Our son is progressing so well and that is what keeps us focused and following the treatment protocol. We have had a few challenges along the way and the clinic staff and Dr Sonya have been great in helping us through. Biomedical treatment is definitely not for everyone but it is working well for our son.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Do not take your child to this facility. My child was not properly evaluated for gene mutations and given supplements that worsened his health.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016

We have seen Dr. Sonya a number of times over the past two years for my son who is 2.5 with a diagnosis of ASD. Although she is knowledgeable, she is not very personable and is quick to cut us off if we ask too many questions. The last time we were there I asked about the dosage for a particular supplement which had 4x the RDA of vitamin A. Knowing that Vitamin A can cause bleeding problems a high dosages, I wanted to clarify that this was safe. Instead of explaining the dosage she told me the clinic was now taking a "new approach" and did not find it a good use of appointment time to explain such things to parents and that there was a reason she was prescribing it. If we didn't agree, then maybe biomedical wasn't for us. This was extremely off putting. She also makes sure you do not get an extra minute of appointment time, checking her watch and cutting you off. I have now come to realize that her primary motivations are to line her pocket book not help children when I recently called and learned that they charge $385 for a 90 minute appointment. This is not a reasonable fee for the average family to be able to pay, thereby putting a price on the right to help our children that many simply can't afford. I'm very disappointed with her services and question her ethics.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2016