Ratings for Dr. Eugene Liu

I would highly recommend Dr. Liu. I have 20/20 vision in both eyes after cataract surgery. He provided risks and options in clear terms up front, and the results speak for themselves. Dr. Liu was professional and engaging. A positive experience!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

My experience was positive. I found Dr Liu knowledgeable and professional. His operating humor and discussions were a useful distraction and most entertaining! Tortoise or a snail! Personally i would go with the energizer bunny!

flag | Submitted October 13, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Liu by my optometrist for cateracts. He found another issue that optometrist did not uncover. Turns out my cateracts we're not that bad yet but was moving so rather have them done here versus going through this again in a couple years. He is excellent doctor and is very caring and communicates well with patients. After both surgeries I have 20/20 vision. The experience from diagnosis to post surgery was a positive experience. O would highly recommend Dr. Liu.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

I am so thankful to the amazing doctor, I only have one eye having lost one 59 years ago, so when my cataract appeared I wanted only the best. Dr Liu monitored the cataract for about a year because to use his words we were "taking a trip without a spare tire." My sight got so bad that he and I decided to take the trip and I am amazed at not only the results but his talent and caring throughout the whole process. 5 stars is not nearly a high enough rating. Bill

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

I agree the front receptionist can be a bit gruff and I feel I have to treat her with kid gloves. However, that is the only negative comment I can make. The rest of the staff are great. I'm so impressed by how quickly they move you through their process -- makes me feel my time is considered as valuable as theirs. Very efficient, yet I didn't feel rushed. Lots of time to ask questions. Dr. Liu removed cataracts on both eyes. He is amazing. Not only really skilled at what he does, but super nice and very considerate. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

Can not say enough on what a fantastic doctor Dr. Liu is. What pleasure it was to have my cataract surgery done by him. I was so scared but the staff at his clinic who were all so nice and professional quickly had me calmed down in a matter of minutes. They explained everything and talked so highly of Dr. Liu which i thought was really nice because he is a very nice man and full of great positive energy. He spoke through the whole surgery i listened , i was calm ,it was so quick and it does not hurt at all ,you just see a light. What a friendly man and staff i can't wait to get my other eye done. No wonder he is so busy because of his great personality and a great surgeon . Thanks for letting me see again. Regards Christine from Rama

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

I was referred to Dr Liu by my optometrist because she found that I had developed cataracts that needed surgery. They had developed quite suddenly and by the time I saw her I was unable to drive. My dad had his cataracts removed by the time he was 64 and my younger brother had his removed in 2015. I saw Dr. Liu in late 2016 at which time he explained the procedure and scheduled me for surgery on my right eye on January 31, 2017. With so many of us aging "baby boomers" getting this surgery, I imagine it can get quite busy in the office. Even so, the staff members are caring, professional and efficient. I had more questions so called the office on a couple of occasions and each time was treated with respect and my questions answered promptly and professionally. I appeared at the Southlake Cataract Centre with quite a bit of apprehension. When I got to surgery, Dr. Liu knew that I was nervous and he talked me through the surgery with such charisma that I couldn't believe it when it was over. After a couple of biscuits and some apple juice in recovery my husband drove me home, a little tired but with no pain whatsoever. The drops caused a bit of stinging for the first day, but after that it was simply a matter of following the instructions. I could not believe the improvement in my eyesight and it was almost immediate. By the time I went to the office for follow up I had 20/20 vision in my right eye and have had absolutely no trouble with it since. The left eye was done on February 21st and today I went in for my follow up and again I have 20/20 vision in my left eye. During both surgeries, Dr. Liu's bedside manner was outstanding. It is important to get a really good surgeon when having any kind of surgery. It is unusual to be fortunate enough to get a great surgeon that has such a charismatic personality and I believe that Dr. Liu is well gifted in his chosen profession. I have already recommended him to friends that I know are going to be needing his professional services and I highly recommend him to anyone that reads this review.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

Dr Liu has no personality and runs his patients through like cattle. He's arrogant and doesn't listen well to his patients. I wasn't even told that he abraded my cornea during surgery - I was left to discover that all on my own once I was home, the freezing wore off and I was in incredible pain. Could not even open the eye without it constantly flooding with tears. If he had at least informed me what had happened during surgery, perhaps I wouldn't have spent the entire night so afraid that something had gone terribly wrong. There is just no excuse for him not giving me this information post-op. I guess that's what happens when you're only focussed on how many people you can push through in a day instead of what happens to them. They're just old people, right?

Submitted February 17, 2017

Dr Liu is a caring and attentive Doctor . I had my Cataracts removed and can not believe the difference. The staff were amazing and cared about what I was going through. I would rate Dr Liu as one of the best doctors I have come across in our heath services. Thank you Dr Liu!!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2016

I am highly impressed by Dr Liu who has now performed Cataract surgery on both my eyes. He and his staff are efficient, punctual and process the patient seamlessly without in any way making one feel rushed. His surgical manner while highly professional is sufficiently relaxed and easy going to smooth away the very normal fear one feels when approaching eye surgery. And all that nice guy stuff aside he's an excellent surgeon. Can't recommend him highly enough

Submitted September 16, 2016