You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Dale Detzler

I came to Detzler Chiropractic after a long string of neck pain, around 20 months up to the point. Quite how this bout of pain started I wasn’t sure, but around 4 years prior to the visit I had been camping and woke up with a kinked neck which turned in to a trapped nerve soon after. Several years of on-off problems later, the constant neck pain started (wasn’t as bad as the trapped nerve after the camping trip but still painful). The pain was located along the left side of my neck and ran in to my trapezius muscle (you may have head them called ‘traps’). It would affect everything I did and was a constant pain. It really became something to address when I moved here from England in late July this year. Diversion, a bit about myself: I’m 21 years old and studying Sports Science (aka. Kinesiology) in Bath University, UK. I’m here on a work placement, and it’s the first time outside of Europe for me. I’ve always thought of myself as someone who can cope with change well, but the conscious and unconscious stresses involved with this life transition certainly aggravated the pain more. Back to the point: It was time to really do something about it. When working at the Whistler GrandFondo Expo in early September, I came across Dr Detzler’s stand and with the free 5-min assessment I jumped at the chance. After that, I was offered a complementary initial consultation at the practice, and from there I booked in to a treatment plan using the NSA (network spinal analysis) techniques Dr Detzler is so practiced in. Dr Detzler is very professional in his craft and his wealth of knowledge really shone through from the first meeting. I was referred for X-rays which showed several subluxations (misaligned vertebrae) as well as the fact I carry my head too far forward. NSA relies on touch techniques to the goal of achieving a deeper perception of within and retraining the brain-spine communication that is currently sub-optimal. I was expecting a bunch of manual manipulations to fix the problem, but these had never done anything in the past so I was game for trying something new. A few weeks later I was already feeling a marked difference. Day to day work (including hours sitting at the desk) was less painful, and I felt happier with the new comfort my life was getting. At the 4 week mark, I had my first re-assessment following the initial consultation and assessment. Of my 13 original abnormalities (neural responses, unilateral strength comparisons, ranges of motions, etc), I was already down to just 3! I am now 7 weeks in to care with Detzler Chiropractic and I couldn’t be happier with my progress so far. If I had to put a number on it, with 0 being my start point and 10 being completely pain free, I’d be at a 7 or 8 already. I am enjoying my Canada experience far more now with the release of constant pain, and would recommend anyone to go and experience NSA under such a welcoming and knowledged practitioner that is Dr Detzler (and the lovely receptionists Linda and Melissa!). Be sure to head over to their website to learn more or get in touch with him! Cheers, Carsten

flag | Submitted November 8, 2015

I ended up pulling my lower back on a job site lifting a piece of material. The pain was so severe I needed to have my girlfriend change me in and out of my work clothes for weeks. Being in pain and in a bad mood all the time was not helping my relationship. I came across Detzler Chiropractic at a show in BC Stadium. I asked him to look at my lower back. Immediately he was able to find my source of pain as well as other pain I was having with my body that I had no idea related to my spine. Such as neck pain, shoulder pain, and heartburn. My first visit to Detzler Chiropractic was peaceful and relaxing. Within 2 weeks I was pain free and my mood was a total turnaround from negative to positive. I am able to hike again with no lower back pain. I no longer have heartburn. I am still in shock on how this affected my mood for the better. I HIGHLY recommend Dr.Detzler. www.detzlerchiropractic.com

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

I saw Dr. Detzler at the Wellness Show Nov2014 and was really interested in this kind of treatment. Over the last 3years I have been suffering from headaches, stiff neck, imbalance while walking, anxiety. Within the second week of seeing Dr. Detzler I started to feel lighter around my neck area, more flexible and more motion, less pain. I noticed a positive change regarding my mood. I feel more motivated and more energized, more relaxed and less stressed in my daily life ! I am walking more up right and I am also more aware of my body position at work. Dr. Detzler really cares about your health overall. I highly recommend Dr. Detzler and NSA a different version/way of chiro care. For more information please check out his website: www.Detzlerchiropractic.com Tanja W, Vancouver Feb2015

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

Thanks to Dr. Dale Detzeler my husband now can live a normal life, biking again, jogging, etc. No more only 2 hrs of sleep for him. He did amazing treatment with the ciatic problem of my husband. Thank you very mucho to Dr. Dale Detzler

flag | Submitted November 30, 2014

I have now had excellent treatment by Dr. Detzler for the second time, his expertise and professional approach brought me back for more Network Spinal Analysis when I developed some back issues from work. I would definitely recommend his care, and I would certainly see him again with any possible future issues. Palko W.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

I met Dr. Detzler about 10 years ago after my first car accident. He worked on my shoulder,neck and back , using the traditional chiropractic practice for about 2 years. All of my discomfort and pain went away. However, I had another car accident 8 months ago. I went back to Dr. Detzler hoping to relieve me of pains. I initially wanted the traditional chiropractic practice as it worked wonders on me 10 years ago,but after about the 3rd/4th sessions, the traditional way was not working for me. I finally agreed to try his new method of Network Spinal Analysis. This method is about awareness of your spine and body. I was skeptical of this method in the first few sessions, but...over time, it has lessened the pain in my neck and shoulder. It has also made me more aware of my body positioning while at work or just sitting in front of my computer. It has been 8 months and I am definitely feeling better! I recommend Dr. Detzler to my friends and family or acquaintance looking for a positive long term health. He's office staff is also accommodating and helpful. If you need more info, check out his website: http://www.detzlerchiropractic.com/

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014

I've been having my treatment for over a month, and I really happy. Dr D has helped so much, and I thankful I've had the opportunity to meet him, and how much he has helped with my lower back pain!

flag | Submitted August 11, 2014

I have noticed just an improvement in feeling emotionally free due to the mobility and stretches of my spine. The restraints I usually stretch around my lower back during the entrainment eventually left. I started to feel lighter as this is carried into my everyday life and handling stress a bit more calmly and sleeping with ease without thinking as I usually do before going to bed. I still continue the entrainment and look forward to more improvements along the way. During my last session I honestly felt most of the stiff pain on my lower back went away. I thank you so much for your genuine care and would highly recommend Dr. Detzler!

flag | Submitted May 18, 2014

I've had persistent lower back pain after years of sport and not taking proper care of myself. I have mainly self-treated with pilates and swimming, trying to avoid surgery as some doctors love to recommend. Dr D's practice is traditional chirpractic, as well as being about bringing awareness to your body so that it can heal itself and change the patterns that create ongoing pain. He works with me to train mind and body to deal with itself differently so that the pain I am used to stops being part of my life. After 12 sessions, and 24 more planned, I am feeling stronger, straighter and more aware of my spine. My back corrects itself when I am slouching and the pain is subsiding. Our body and mind are so connected it is worth the investment to give yourself the best chance of long term health. Dr Detzler is warm, passionate, and excellent at what he does. He is very patient and thorough and I'm excited to be getting so much better. Thanks Dr D :)) See http://www.detzlerchiropractic.com/

flag | Submitted December 18, 2013

I'd been to see a number of back experts before I visited Dale. Always, the same pattern was repeated: I'd get treatment, I'd feel good for a month or so, and then drift back into a state of pain. So back to the chiro and the cycle would repeat itself. When I went to see Dale, I was in so much pain, I could barely stand myself. I could barely walk and sitting at the computer was extremely painful. Not only did he end the cycle of pain, but he also got me back in touch with my body. I never realized how detached from my body I'd become, nor how the pain caused me to dissociate myself from my pelvic area. I am now much more aware of my body. I've learned how to work out a lot of kinks and other back issues on my own. My scoliosis has improved tremendously; the "hump" on my right side is smaller than it's ever been. Stress no longer locks up my back and neck. I now live pain free. I recommend him to all my friends and co-workers, and I would gladly recommend him to any stranger.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2013

Dr. Dale Detzler's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I came to Detzler Chiropractic after a long string of neck pain, around 20 months up to the point. Quite how this bout of pain started I wasn’t sure, but around..."

November 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I ended up pulling my lower back on a job site lifting a piece of material. The pain was so severe I needed to have my girlfriend change me in and out of my wor..."

April 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Detzler at the Wellness Show Nov2014 and was really interested in this kind of treatment. Over the last 3years I have been suffering from headaches, s..."

February 10, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Very bad experience. More painful after the adjustment."

December 29, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Thanks to Dr. Dale Detzeler my husband now can live a normal life, biking again, jogging, etc. No more only 2 hrs of sleep for him. He did amazing treatment ..."

November 30, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have now had excellent treatment by Dr. Detzler for the second time, his expertise and professional approach brought me back for more Network Spinal Analysis ..."

November 3, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I met Dr. Detzler about 10 years ago after my first car accident. He worked on my shoulder,neck and back , using the traditional chiropractic practice for about..."

September 4, 2014