Ratings for Dr. Stella Hecker

My interactions with this practice have been beyond disappointing. I have been a patient of this practice for several years. In an effort to transition my treatment to another doctor in the practice, I have been treated with the utmost disrespect. Not only did it take 6 messages to finally be able to speak without someone, I was not given an opportunity to explain my situation. I was immediately accused of being non responsive and told I can no longer be seen in the practice. Having a long history of thyroid treatment, I am far from unresponsive when it comes to my care and treatment. There was no desire or interest on the part of their staff to consider that the contact they claimed was made had actually not occurred. An accusation was made, edict given, and the door slammed shut. I would not recommend this practice.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2018

Rude, too busy to care for patients. Went to this practice for 6 years and when the best doctor left I was stuck with Dr. Hecker. 6 months goes by and still can't get an appointment. My PCP had to refill my meds.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2018

I'm sure she's great with diabetics but she is not knowledgeable about thyroid issues. It's her way or the highway. She rushes you into RAI because she feels that's the best treatment option. Then afterwards as long as your basic labs are within range you're perfect. She does not understand autoimmune diseases and flat out refuses to consider anything but synthetic hormone replacement.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2018

Dr Hecker has always taken time to answer all my questions. Great Doctor!

flag | Submitted December 7, 2017

one of the all-time worst doctors...an idiot...will not work with patients...greed a major factor in everything she does

flag | Submitted November 28, 2017

She doesn't listen to what you have to say she only goes by numbers not how you feel

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

Takes at least a month to be seen as an establish patient. Dr really does not care if you are having problem to get you in. Can perform blood work but would have to wait a month to be seen to go over the results. Has too many patients

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

Loved her at first. Now-4 years in-I can't get her to listen to me or spend more than 10 minutes with me.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

I was referred for her for a second opinion regarding my parathyroid and high calcium. I have seen 3 endocrinologists in the past. Dr Hecker went over my records thoroughly and she explained to me clearly what is going and what her recommendations are. I finally feel like I have the right answer

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

I felt like she always takes her time to go over everything with me and her nurses and staff are always plesant. I feel like she is doing her best to do the right thing for me. I trust her judgement.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015