Ratings for Dr. Lauren Gewurz

Very knowledgeable and friendly. She can be more of an "in-and-out" type of doctor: scheduling very tightly. So definitely make sure you know what you're in for and she can be very helpful in getting what you need. She doesn't offer just the "traditional" stuff and really offers you what's out there. Do your part as a patient and she'll take good care of you.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

I saw Dr. Gewurz today at the Albany walk in clinic. I found her smart, to the point and knowledgeable about my situation. She was friendly and we discussed various treatment options. I couldn't have been happier with her when I left the office.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2016

Rude, disinterested, disrespectful, rigid and almost arrogant woman, has no respect for her patients. Very old-school. Has no answers for anything. I can't imagine why she ever bothers showing up. I'm never going back. Its been a waste of time seeing her because she has not helped me in the slightest.

Submitted December 7, 2016

She is smart and well reD. She went above and beyond to look into the implications of a finding in a CT scan after our appointment. She read up on the latest literature relating to cardiology and decided to take aggressive measures to prevent a potential problem. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2016

Dr. Gewurz went way above and beyond to ensure I got the care I needed. Her office staff was diligent in following-up. I could not possibly have asked more from her and have continued to see her even though we have moved away.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2016

I don't know if she's like this with everybody, or if she was having a bad day, but this woman is not at all a nice person, let alone a helpful doctor. From the minute she scowled at me when she walked in, then quickly averted her eyes, to the moment she was cutting me off at every sentence (when i was answering her questions) to make rushy statements and guesses (want to let me just finish, doctor?), i did not like her one bit. And i am usually not one to even care about how "nice" a doctor is to me, but she was way too obvious with the bad attitude.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2016

Dr. Gewurz has been my family doctor for 3 years now and through her excellent problem-solving abilities, found a solution to a recurring condition I had relatively quickly. She's highly knowledgeable, accessible, non-judgmental and efficient. I feel lucky to have her as my GP.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016

She just does not care and wants to only push drugs. She does not listen to the patients and seems to push back any suggestions a patient may have to remedy (support braces, exercise, etc). The only thing she was interested in was whether she could send you to physiotherapy or drugs. Very unhelpful I gave me a very negative opinion of Albany Clinic. She is extremely rude

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

she's a pill pusher, everything is solved with meds with her. always at least 40 min late and is extremely rude when speaking with you. the most unproductive and unprofessional doctor i've ever met

flag | Submitted April 16, 2016

Dr. Gewurz was recommended by another doctor who left her practice to move back to Ottawa, and I've been disappointed since. I rarely make doctors appointments, and maybe see her 3-4 times a year, if that. She always seemed very disinterested and rushed and I thought she was just having bad days, but after reading other reviews, that seems to just be her style. It is true that she just calls patients from her door, although the patient before me was greeted in the waiting room and walked to the room, however I just faintly heard my name from down the hall and walked to find no one in the hall, and a faint voice saying "in here" My last apt was rushed and she kept saying "is that all" when I said there were a couple other things, she sighed. She also brushes everything off, laughed/scoffed at a few concerns I had and overall made me feel as though I was inconveniencing her. I definitely wouldn't recommend as a doctor and am currently looking for a new one. She's a fairly young doctor to already be so bitter and disinterested in what she's doing. A large part of being a doctor is being kind and having good bedside manner, she lacks both of those character traits.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016