You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Lauren Gewurz

she's a pill pusher, everything is solved with meds with her. always at least 40 min late and is extremely rude when speaking with you. the most unproductive and unprofessional doctor i've ever met

flag | Submitted April 16, 2016

Dr. Gewurz was recommended by another doctor who left her practice to move back to Ottawa, and I've been disappointed since. I rarely make doctors appointments, and maybe see her 3-4 times a year, if that. She always seemed very disinterested and rushed and I thought she was just having bad days, but after reading other reviews, that seems to just be her style. It is true that she just calls patients from her door, although the patient before me was greeted in the waiting room and walked to the room, however I just faintly heard my name from down the hall and walked to find no one in the hall, and a faint voice saying "in here" My last apt was rushed and she kept saying "is that all" when I said there were a couple other things, she sighed. She also brushes everything off, laughed/scoffed at a few concerns I had and overall made me feel as though I was inconveniencing her. I definitely wouldn't recommend as a doctor and am currently looking for a new one. She's a fairly young doctor to already be so bitter and disinterested in what she's doing. A large part of being a doctor is being kind and having good bedside manner, she lacks both of those character traits.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

Absolutely terrible manners. Does not make any eye-contact at all, rushes you out the door within minutes of you walking in. Makes you feel totally unwelcome. She should not be a doctor as she behaves as though she has absolutely no interest in dealing with people. She is always in a rush. Even if I've been waiting for 30 minutes, she'll rush me within literally 5 minutes of my being in her office. Zero ability to listen, zero people-skills. I am now looking for a new GP, because going to her feels completely pointless. She also doesn't seem to know much.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

Dr. Gewurz is my family doctor and Im so happy that I switched my care to her. She is friendly, non-judgemental and very accommodating - recently she gave me a consult via phone because she knows I have a busy job and wouldn't be able to make it in to see her otherwise in the next few weeks. I'm really surprised about the reviewers who commented on her using her computer during appointments - doctors are not all knowing beings!!! I think the fact that she looks things up shows a lack of arrogance, which is very disheartening quality I've found with many other doctors - it doesn't mean she doesn't know her stuff or isn't a good doctor.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

She was the first doctor to listen to me when I was having stomach problems. Everyone kept telling me it was in my head. It wasn't. I have Celiac Disease. She never pushes medication, unless you are specifically looking for something. She's always attentive and answers all questions in easy to understand answers. She's wonderful!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

I have gone through several doctors at Albany (they all have moved away from Toronto) and even though I have liked all of them, Dr. Gewurz is the first who has actually helped me with a problem the others didn't even believe was real. I once cancelled an appt with her and she called me within half an hour to check if I was okay - she took time to talk to me and then called back again soon after with a referral to a specialist. Thanks to Dr. Gewurz I'm healthier and feel better than I have in years. (And the staff gets a 5 because Christine is awesome)

flag | Submitted February 7, 2015

Fantastic doctor. She's very kind, informative, non-judgmental and efficient.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

I saw Dr Gewurz at the walk-in clinic. She was the most helpful, caring, attentive Doctor I have ever seen in Canada. She listened to my health issues and was sure to listen to me and do as many tests as needed to find out what is wrong with me. I did not get my results back yet but I am sure this Doctor will help me. Her very positive, caring attitude was really refreshing. She took extra time with me to ensure all my questions were answered and was very efficient about ensuring the necessary next steps were taken. She was very serious and dedicated to helping me. Great Doctor.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

Worst doctor I have ever seen. Rude and full of herself. Doesn't know the file.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

Dr Gewurz is our family doctor. She is friendly, knowledgeable and very efficient; excellent all round.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2014

Dr. Lauren Gewurz's Credentials

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "she's a pill pusher, everything is solved with meds with her. always at least 40 min late and is extremely rude when speaking with you. the most unproductive an..."

April 16, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gewurz was recommended by another doctor who left her practice to move back to Ottawa, and I've been disappointed since. I rarely make doctors appointments..."

March 7, 2016
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Absolutely terrible manners. Does not make any eye-contact at all, rushes you out the door within minutes of you walking in. Makes you feel totally unwelcome. S..."

January 21, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gewurz is my family doctor and Im so happy that I switched my care to her. She is friendly, non-judgemental and very accommodating - recently she gave me a ..."

June 8, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://www.albanyclinic.ca/mstaff/gewurz.htm" to "http://www.albanyclinic.ca/". Postal Code has been updated from "M3H6" to "M4K 2P8". Address has been updated from "None" to "807 Broadview Avenue". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "14164619471".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "She was the first doctor to listen to me when I was having stomach problems. Everyone kept telling me it was in my head. It wasn't. I have Celiac Disease. She n..."

March 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have gone through several doctors at Albany (they all have moved away from Toronto) and even though I have liked all of them, Dr. Gewurz is the first who has ..."

February 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Fantastic doctor. She's very kind, informative, non-judgmental and efficient."

January 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr Gewurz at the walk-in clinic. She was the most helpful, caring, attentive Doctor I have ever seen in Canada. She listened to my health issues and was ..."

November 17, 2014
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Worst doctor I have ever seen. Rude and full of herself. Doesn't know the file."

October 16, 2014