Ratings for Dr. Lauren Gewurz

Dr. Gewurz went way above and beyond to ensure I got the care I needed. Her office staff was diligent in following-up. I could not possibly have asked more from her and have continued to see her even though we have moved away.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2016

I don't know if she's like this with everybody, or if she was having a bad day, but this woman is not at all a nice person, let alone a helpful doctor. From the minute she scowled at me when she walked in, then quickly averted her eyes, to the moment she was cutting me off at every sentence (when i was answering her questions) to make rushy statements and guesses (want to let me just finish, doctor?), i did not like her one bit. And i am usually not one to even care about how "nice" a doctor is to me, but she was way too obvious with the bad attitude.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2016

Dr. Gewurz has been my family doctor for 3 years now and through her excellent problem-solving abilities, found a solution to a recurring condition I had relatively quickly. She's highly knowledgeable, accessible, non-judgmental and efficient. I feel lucky to have her as my GP.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016

She just does not care and wants to only push drugs. She does not listen to the patients and seems to push back any suggestions a patient may have to remedy (support braces, exercise, etc). The only thing she was interested in was whether she could send you to physiotherapy or drugs. Very unhelpful I gave me a very negative opinion of Albany Clinic. She is extremely rude

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

she's a pill pusher, everything is solved with meds with her. always at least 40 min late and is extremely rude when speaking with you. the most unproductive and unprofessional doctor i've ever met

flag | Submitted April 16, 2016

Dr. Gewurz was recommended by another doctor who left her practice to move back to Ottawa, and I've been disappointed since. I rarely make doctors appointments, and maybe see her 3-4 times a year, if that. She always seemed very disinterested and rushed and I thought she was just having bad days, but after reading other reviews, that seems to just be her style. It is true that she just calls patients from her door, although the patient before me was greeted in the waiting room and walked to the room, however I just faintly heard my name from down the hall and walked to find no one in the hall, and a faint voice saying "in here" My last apt was rushed and she kept saying "is that all" when I said there were a couple other things, she sighed. She also brushes everything off, laughed/scoffed at a few concerns I had and overall made me feel as though I was inconveniencing her. I definitely wouldn't recommend as a doctor and am currently looking for a new one. She's a fairly young doctor to already be so bitter and disinterested in what she's doing. A large part of being a doctor is being kind and having good bedside manner, she lacks both of those character traits.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

Absolutely terrible manners. Does not make any eye-contact at all, rushes you out the door within minutes of you walking in. Makes you feel totally unwelcome. She should not be a doctor as she behaves as though she has absolutely no interest in dealing with people. She is always in a rush. Even if I've been waiting for 30 minutes, she'll rush me within literally 5 minutes of my being in her office. Zero ability to listen, zero people-skills. I am now looking for a new GP, because going to her feels completely pointless. She also doesn't seem to know much.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

Dr. Gewurz is my family doctor and Im so happy that I switched my care to her. She is friendly, non-judgemental and very accommodating - recently she gave me a consult via phone because she knows I have a busy job and wouldn't be able to make it in to see her otherwise in the next few weeks. I'm really surprised about the reviewers who commented on her using her computer during appointments - doctors are not all knowing beings!!! I think the fact that she looks things up shows a lack of arrogance, which is very disheartening quality I've found with many other doctors - it doesn't mean she doesn't know her stuff or isn't a good doctor.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

She was the first doctor to listen to me when I was having stomach problems. Everyone kept telling me it was in my head. It wasn't. I have Celiac Disease. She never pushes medication, unless you are specifically looking for something. She's always attentive and answers all questions in easy to understand answers. She's wonderful!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

I have gone through several doctors at Albany (they all have moved away from Toronto) and even though I have liked all of them, Dr. Gewurz is the first who has actually helped me with a problem the others didn't even believe was real. I once cancelled an appt with her and she called me within half an hour to check if I was okay - she took time to talk to me and then called back again soon after with a referral to a specialist. Thanks to Dr. Gewurz I'm healthier and feel better than I have in years. (And the staff gets a 5 because Christine is awesome)

flag | Submitted February 7, 2015