Ratings for Dr. Lori Laughlan

She's been my family doctor for about 8 years and I have been avoiding her on and off for 6 years. She's not very thorough and when a major concern comes up she seems to shrug it off and says it's normal or not serious. One daughter needed surgery and my other daughter had to go see a chiropractor specialist suggested by other doctors. I just not impressed considering that I'm not a frequent patient with complaints all the time. I just wanted her to take me seriously.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

Worst experience with a Dr I have ever had. Thankfully was moved to a new dr for my pregnancy so I never had to go back. Went in for a check up at 14 weeks, she was unable to hear the baby's heartbeat (was trying for the first time) and sent me home with a ultrasound request with the words in LARGE capital letters across the top, NO FETAL HEARTBEAT 14 WEEKS. Not once did she try to calm my nerves, tell me that it was actually normal. Her bedside care was horrendous. Turns out baby was just fine but only after going home and researching itself to learn it was normal to not hear the heartbeat that early. Her front office staff seemed to be 16 yrs old, dressed in appropriately, and had zero professionalism. My experiences with dr Laughlin go back 4 yrs but I've never forgotten them, it was horrible. I also questioned her about a procedure she recommended and her honest answer was, "oh I don't know why they do it" you don't know WHY? How can you recommend a procedure you know nothing about

flag | Submitted June 25, 2014

She's always in a hurry, and seems to take little time to really ask questions. I worry that she is quick to make assumptions and miss other things. It's frustrating to feel like your not being listened to at the doctor.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2010

Has been my doctor for many years. Good all around family doctor who takes her time and listens to you.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2009

Always in a hurry and when a complaint is stated its not taken up with investigation tests. Not enough information is given to understand condition. Wish a person was more informed about their health issues that are in question.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2009

I have found her to be very brisk, and dismisive of my concerns. she does her job but I don't feel like it is where her heart is.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2009