Ratings for Dr. Justin Cheung

Not caring. Terrible Dr. I had a terrible experience with him.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

I saw Dr Chung this morning for a colonoscopy which I w as very anxious about. as I had one in 2005 and was told I had cancer, back then it was a blood cancer back then I had emergency colonoscopy, this time its caught extra early, I was apprehensive as I heard he w as young. but I was pleasantly surprised, he was friendly eas yt otalk to, and the nurses in the waiting / recovery room GI clinic were very friendly and supportive, Corrine was wonderful I felt bad as I was still leaking fluid and had made a awful mess, she and all the other nurses were professional helpful and supportive, so appreciative, that it made a scary experience go a lot smoother and I m soo pleased this time no cancer was found

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

I take a break from my busy day and reflect on my health and how far I have come in six months. It has been a rocky road to recovery but now that I am here I am 25 again. I have a zest for life like never before, You were compassionate, caring, thorough and honest. You listened to me thoroughly and did your very best. I always left your office knowing and believing you were doing the best you could, Ironically, there was nothing wrong with me (gastro) area as you had said. I have been treated for severe serotonin Syndrome, I was hospitalized for 3 weeks for paxil over medication which had been over prescribed and built up to the syndrome level, Life, work, family, TV, media cant get any better, Thank you Justin Cheung for being an amazing doctor through listening, caring and being a man instead of just a doctor, Watch for me on TV and know its partly thanks to you and your huge heart! Respectfully, Rhonda Hiebert

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

Dr. Cheung was the only doctor that bothered to look deeper into my medical issue to find the root of the problem . He doesn't only check once, he double checks to make sure that he and his peers didn't make any mistakes or may have missed something during a procedure. I feel so lucky to be his patient.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

I met him for the first time today. Yes, he is young but I had an instant comfort level. A very good communicator and "no nonsense" approach. He will be a very prominent GI MD in BC. I agree, even after our brief meeting, as somebody rated, he is likely the best available in my area. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016

Excellent, excellent experience!! Which sounds odd, since I'm speaking about my very first colonoscopy!! Dr. Cheung was so friendly, comforting, gentle, informative......I could go on!! For me, it was so interesting to see the whole procedure on a large computer screen, while Dr. Cheung explained & pointed out what we were viewing. Amazing. Dr. Cheung has a great smile & a wonderful sense of humour - which is so appreciated during such a procedure. The nurse that works with him (Kathy) was super. Kathy made me feel very reassuring, regarding the colonoscopy & answered all questions I had prior to, and after the procedure. My colonoscopy was performed @ RCH......and it was a really nice experience -- all because of the RCH nursing staff & of course Dr. Justin Cheung. Well done -- THANK YOU !!! From KC in Coquitlam

flag | Submitted May 30, 2016

Do not know about his KNOWLEDGE. HIS PROFESSIONALISM - his ability or willingness to communicate serious, important information to a patient - that is me- has been deplorable. since March 2015 until January 2016 .

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

Dr. Cheung is very polite and professional. Don't let his young and good looks fool you. He's extremely knowledgable. He answered all of my questions without the typical condescending tone of other doctors. He has treated issues due to my father's pancreatic cancer with extreme care. He was the only doctor to order a CT scan to discover the real cause of my father's GI issues. I am sure that my father would have suffered much more if Dr. Cheung had not gone the extra mile. I had to deduct some points on punctuality as he did make us wait a few times. However, I am sure that he is over-booked and over-worked so I completely understand why we had to wait. Don't let the other reviews confuse you about this man, he is the best there is.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015

ATTENTION: THE PHONE NUMBER PROVIDED ABOVE IS *NOT* DR. JUSTIN CHEUNG'S NUMBER. IF CALLED, IT WILL BE TO "GOOD HEALTH NUTRITION" SUPPLEMENT STORE.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

Professional, pleasant, and explained the colonoscopy procedure well. He made feel at ease. Procedure went well without any discomfort,and he gave me the results right after! Great job!

flag | Submitted July 4, 2015