Ratings for Dr. Valdemar Martinho

I loved doctor Val Martinho was my family doctor for over 30 years , Best family doctor I ever had & probably the best one I had to leave because I had a new doctor taking new patients close to me & he did informed me & my husband before he was planning in few years is retirement , Let me say I cry for over a month when i realized I become a number now my new doctor told me to shut up & lessen I can only go see her for one thing at a time if I need one new prescription then I go only for that, even if I’m in extreme pain have to go back to see the night time doctors or somewhere else because at my age someone on is 30 telling me to shut up & one thing only a visit I been so depressed never wanted to die more on this last year pass with my new doctor felt I don’t have a doctor, I used to see doctor Martinho every month because of health reasons he always told me to write everything down so I don’t forget when I see him , sometimes I had a big least he always lessen always took patience to explain & always took time to help with my health problems, I was never treated like a number, doctors like him is not going to exist much longer they all about retiring.. I missed doctor Martinho for me & my husband he was like part of the family.. 😔

flag | Submitted July 25, 2018

Old school kind of clinic on paper files, terrible admin. who does not return calls, does not confirm appointments and charges $$$ to Québec patients and pockets the money herself. Quite a shame.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2017

Every time I see Dr. Marthino, I always feel rushed (just a number). People below praise him and how he deserves to only work 3 days a week. Thing is he does work the other two days ( Private clinic $$$). Don't get me started on his admin. She is the worse ( never calls back, forgets to send your refferal to the specialist) these issues happen a lot and the problem is if you mention it to the doctor, he protects her and gets mad at you. I've had him once talk about my mother's issues to me without me asking or wanting to know ( whatever happened to doctor patient confidentiality?) I really don't recommend him at all - I'm just stuck with him until I am able to find another doctor and we know how hard it is to get a family doctor in this city.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

Administration staff never gets back to you. You have constantly called and follow up on your previous message.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2017

Would not recommend. Not very caring with his patients

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

Good doctor however is poorly served by his secretary or recepcionist. Quite a shame.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

His secretary wanted to stay in the room while he was doing a very intimate exam on my mother. My mother asked he to leave the room and Mr. Valdemar defended his secretary. I found him to be very overrated.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

Very good doctor, has amazing knowledge. Like people said under, he earned only working three days a week!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

Good doctor but weak assistant. The secretary does not return calls and makes quiteva few mistakes.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2013

Has been my family doctor since I was born (over 30 yrs). Yes, he only works 3 days a week, however as another person stated he has EARNED it! After working so hard for so many years he deserves a break now so that he can continue being the best family doctor one could ever want or need. He could easily retire anytime, but has chosen to at least provide these 3 days a week to help the Ottawa public. Extremely knowledgeable, very helpful, does not treat me as a number, and never rushes me out the door to get through as many clients as possible! I have always received a call back when I left a message on the answering machine at the appropriate time (which are stated in the outgoing message), it may not be instantly but that's fine with me.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2013