Ratings for Dr. Jason Lee

I am at a complete disbelief with the reviews about Dr. Jason Lee considering that I went to see him because of his number one rating on ratemymd. Where do I begin? Well why don't I provide some context so you may better judge for yourself (if I can help at least one individual to save their time, money, and not to mention their health then I may as well try). Jason was my third allergist that I've seen in the last few years. My first allergist, who was phenomenal, moved to another City and my second allergist wasn't either bad nor good, just average, hence my interest to see Jason Lee. I too am a professional and took a half day off from work for my visit appointment. When I arrived and was seated in the general reception room filling out a questionnaire, I noticed that patients were coming in and out of Jason's office within minutes and thinking how were they coming in and out so quickly? Perhaps they're regulars that are just in for check-ups and surely he'll spend some more time with me since this is my first visit. Well quite the opposite, I was in and out just like the rest. And the best part, he BARELY asked any questions. In fact, when I asked him if he wanted to see the ingredients of my previous two immunotherapy recipes, he was completely disinterested arrogantly replying that he's seen enough from my arm reactions and from reading my responses on the questionnaire. At the time I thought to myself, "No worries, I too can be arrogant at times in my line of work but it says nothing about my ability to perform my job as a professional hence I'll be satisfied so long as his prescribed allergy shots help improve my symptoms." To add to the bad taste left in my mouth, I felt even more unsettled when leaving his office after submitting payment to the front reception from what appeared to be a young university student who couldn't answer some very BASIC questions regarding price, delivery date, etc. resorting only to respond, "Would you like me to ask the Doctor for you?" Fast forward six weeks later and my family doctor still hadn't received any shots. When I phoned the lab directly to inquire about my shipment, they responded that they did not receive anything from Dr. Jason Lee's office. Awesome, six weeks later and not only was my visit a huge disappointment but the lab also hadn't received anything from Jason's office. Granted, Jason did contact the lab promptly after I expressed my disappointment and the shots arrived after another few weeks. To date I'm uncertain whether a mistake was caused by staff at Jason's office or the lab itself. Regardless, the new set of shots were VERY late (over two months since my visit). So now fast forward 10 months since my visit and here I am sitting writing this review (I practically never write reviews) at 4AM in the morning from waking up due to my brutal allergy symptoms acting up for the third consecutive week in a row (possibly my worst reactions for this time of the year since beginning my immunotherapy almost three years ago). In summary, I specifically waited not to provide a poor review based on my disappointing visit and the communication fail between Jason's office and his preferred choice of laboratories until I gave the shots a try. Well I'm nearing the end of my prescription and my symptoms are worse than I can remember. I've already arranged to see a different allergist very soon. On a last note, just some food for thought, Jason's practice charges a whopping $400.00 for the allergy shots. I was previously charged $175.00 for shots originating from the same laboratory when seeing my previous allergist. That equates to a ridiculous over 200% markup charged by Dr. Jason Lee over a fellow allergy specialist rendering me absolutely speechless. Anyways, enjoy your number one rating Dr. Jason Lee, who knows, maybe I just happen to be the one black sheep in the herd.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

A very good doctor. Takes time to explain the whys and the hows of what he is doing. He is easy to talk to and a good listener - both attributes that seem to be hard to come by in most physicians. I would certainly suggest him to anyone who needs allergy testings/advice.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

I found him personable, but his suggestions were things I had already implemented. I left ultimately disappointed and with no real answers.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

I find him quite funny and interesting to speak to at times over the last few years.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

I agree with all the positive reviews below. his breadth of knowledge extends far beyond medicine

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

I just has my first appointment with Dr. Lee. It was the best experience I have ever had at an allergist. He was attentive and listened fully when I was explaining my systoms. He also knows how to ask questions that get you to think of not your regular symtoms. He even provided me with a prescription when he noticed the burn on my hand. Now thats a true doctor. Caring about the whole person and not just one thing.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

I suppose he is good but when I found out there is aluminum in the allergy shots I left. The company that makes the extract uses it. The staff is also uncaring. Doctor himself is nice and approachable.

Submitted December 1, 2015

Knowledgeable, able to explain thoroughly, very personable. Best specialist I have ever consulted.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2015

I have inner ear issues and saw Dr. Lee after I asked my ENT wether allergies were contributing. First when he greeted me he actually asked me if I needed hearing assistance. Ok wow, never had that happen, thoughtful and respectful, a true gentlemen. Than within minutes Dr. Lee was able to provide more help than two ENTs, specialists mind you. After allergy testing and a brief examination, he instantly suspected sinus issues, which I too suspected and told all previous doctors before and ignored. I'm now hopefully on my way to better health thanks to Dr. Jason Lee. He has a manner that is light but thorough, well spoken and knowledgeable. Although I no longer need his services I have to say awesome guy and my best experience with any doctor in this city.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

I find his staff to be absent minded so I try to make sure I get to see Dr Lee himself if I have questions. Other than this nothing bad I can say about Dr Lee. Professional with the right mix of humour and information.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015