Ratings for Dr. John Michael Stimac

Was my mother's cardiologist after her triple bi-pass/valve replacement. Very routine in his examination and treatment...just another senior with diabetes and heart surgery. Last visit I mentioned that my mother was looking very PUFFY. He didn't look at her much but while putting on stethoscope said that she could stand to lose some weight. Family knows patient best...I didn't say fat but PUFFY. Three days later her brother saw her and said that if she closed her eyes she'd look like a corpse - what's wrong. Four days later she passed away. Retaining water - kidneys !! Can't make people live forever but she could have lived longer. Hard to question doctors about things they know, but we know our loved ones...they should listen more.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

Where do I begin. Staff is beyond horrible, rude, inept, changed appointments and then denied it even when shown card with original appointment! I found them all, at every visit, in a rush including the Dr, rush to get done, rush to get you out. Dr wouldn't even listen to questions, just said your GP can take care of you, and when I asked about certain things he basically rolled his eyes at me. Within minutes of leaving his office I was on the phone to get a second opinion. I pity anyone who has Dr Stimac for their cardiologist!

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

Doctor Stimac is knowledgeable, though his manner is awkward and can come across as harsh. His front office staff is beyond awful. They are rude--when you approach the desk they can't even bother to look up or say "I'll be with you in a moment." They are even worse when you call. They are disorganized and have a miserable manner. Their philosophy is that you are lucky to be in their presence, so you just need to wait until they can be bothered to deal with you. Particularly inappropriate for an office that deals with serious health issues--maybe find some staff who care, or provide some customer-service training.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

awesome doctor, awesome place, great staff i was so happy to be there

flag | Submitted July 3, 2015

Dr. Stimac is a terrific doctor. Helpful with questions and concerns.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

Staff is ridiculously disorganized and chaotic. They were calling home for my whereabouts when I had already checked in at the front dest and was present.. One of the receptionists answers the phone sounds like she is in a coma. Not very patient/customer conscious. Feel like your condition is not adequately explained unless you come prepared to ask pointed questions.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

Always a long wait; meanwhile I'm paying for parking by the hour. Changed my appt. times, twice, without letting me know. I feel talked down to by Dr. Stimac. Not happy with the entire process.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2014

Dr. Stimac has this ,"Either my way or the highway" attitude. He is very abrupt and doesn't really take the time to talk to his patients.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

Jumped the gun and diagnosed me with a fatal condition that resulted in 2 years of needless tests, stress and worry - got a second opinion and as it turns out I thankfully do not have this condition. At the time I was incorrectly diagnosed, the response I received was "it is what it is" . Moral of the story - always get a second opinion (and not from this guy), go to a specialist at a UHN hospital and echos are unreliable. Ps his receptionist Mary is incompetent

flag | Submitted February 17, 2014

Great doctor. Very caring and knowledeable. He has a bit of a mood problem but always seem to collect himself when needed. His staff is the best! Very skilled technicians.Extra nice and going out of their way for the patients. I've witnessed couple of occasions when the technicians working there were driving patients in need to the nearest hospital in their personal cars. Highly recommended if you have a serious heart problem.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2011