Ratings for Dr. Mark Mandelcorn

I accompanied my father to his appointment, since English is his second language. After checking in with the receptionist we waited about 30 - 40 mins before we saw Dr. Mandelcorn's assistant, who was very professional and efficient and then we waited about 5 mins before we saw Dr. Mandelcorn. He was very professional and thorough, allowed my father to ask questions and answered them all. He explained what he thought was happening to my father's left eye in a way that my father could understand, even though he does not foresee my father's cataract surgery being affected by his ERM and vice versa, as a good doctor, being thorough, he suggested my father see him after the surgery.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

I wish I could say something positive about this Doctor, but my feeling is that he treats patients like defective objects without any genuine human interest. I don't know some people get desensitized through time. I am 48 years old and consider myself a healthy individual. For what I have read in the internet I think I have AMD but he has not told me yet what is wrong with my right eye. Next time I will ask him, but I am nervous because I think he doesn't like to hear what the patients have to say or feel unless he asks. Which rarely happens. I am holing on to the to hope that if he is there working for other humans must be because there has a good reason. He is giving me this eye shots every month I had two so far and don't feel a big improvement, I just pray the lord to work through this cold and patient-detached man Dr Mandelcorn. I hope his heart for others softens because what goes around comes around. :(

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

I was there once and probably for the last time, I had an appointment at 11:30 but I had to wait till 13:30. what's the point of appointment then? the Dr didn't even bother to say hi and just made brief check. He didn't listen to me while I was talking about the problem, absolute disrepectfull. He was just rushing to visit the next patient and when I was telling him that I had this problem last month, he just cut me and said you don't have it today.WTF! really, how do you I won't have this problem in future if you don't listen to your patients, his work environment, etc. very poor and edgy diagnostic. I wish I could leav 0 star but I have to give 1 start at least.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

I saw Dr. Mark Mandelcorn today for a torn retina. He did an amazing job at repairing my tear with the laser. I am always a very nervous person with eyes and he did his best to make me feel comfortable. I am now confident that my tear is fixed and I can live my life again. I appreciate his expertise so much!! Thank-you!!

Submitted March 9, 2017

Good for vitreous/surgical work. For retinal disorders he should simply pass the patient onto specialists for retinal disorders (eg. RP, AMD, Stargards, etc.) without discouraging the patient (eg. 'go and learn braille' etc.) Hopefully soon with genetic/stem cell/other protocols, (reprogramming the genes CRISPR at infancy) no surgery will ever be needed and certain ocular specialties can be dispensed with. Sooner than we think, the old 'medicine' will be out and the new medicine will be in ... the future is now. Robots will replace thes MD.s. eg: http://www.kuleuven.be/english/news/2017/surgical-eye-robot-performs-precision-injection-in-patient-with-retinal-vein-occlusion Out with the old, in with the new as the year of the eye is almost here (2020) The first complete eye transplant will end it all for old MDs.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

I am writing this for my 85 year old mother who had such a terrible experience with Dr. Mandelcorn that she descended into a deep depression. My mother has wet macular degeneration. She had an opthamologist who was very helpful and responsive. She had numerous injections which seemed to stop the progression and allowed her to continue to see. Her opthamologist then moved away and referred her to Dr. Mandelcorn for ongoing care. One day she realized that her eyesight was deteriorating. In the past, she would contact her opthamologist who would immediately give her an injection. She therefore called Dr. Mandelcorn's office. She waited a number of weeks for an appointment which was difficult but understandable. She arrived at the office exactly on time. Then she waited...for FOUR HOURS. When she was finally taken in to see Dr. Mandelcorn, he did not apologize for the unbelievable wait or even introduce himself. She tried explained the situation and the urgent need for an injection. He said no. There would be no injection without tests and she would have to wait 6 weeks for that. Then he would consider it. He did not explain why this was necessary or address her fear that her eyesight would deteriorate in the meantime. He was with her for no more than 5 minutes before she was dismissed. My mother came home and descended into the worst depression imaginable. This was directly attributable to her experience with Dr. Mandelcorn. I note that she lost a lot of her remaining sight over the six weeks. She then got in to see another senior opthamologist who immediately gave her the necessary injection and stopped the deterioration. My mum could read when she went to see Dr. Mandelcorn. That was lost. Perhaps there was a good clinical reason for the decision. If so, it was not explained. And absolutely nothing can excuse leaving an 85 year old woman to wait for four hours and then treat her as a nuisance. I have pleaded with her to report this to the College of Physicians and Surgeons but she cannot bear to think about the experience any more. Please think twice before going to see this man.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

Dr. Mandelcorn is currently treating my double eye infection. He is compassionate, knowledgeable and efficient in his approach. He fit me into his busy schedule during the Holiday season and made himself available should there be any emergency. I am grateful for his treatment.

Submitted December 30, 2016

Dr Mandelcorn is an amazing doctor! He fixed my retinal detachment and retinal tears all the while making me feel at ease as I was very nervous. He spoke clearly and confidently about fixing the problem and was kind and gentle after the surgery and recuperation. He is a great guy!!

Submitted May 30, 2016

he is an excellent specialist, the best in Canada or even North America.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2015

Dr Mandelcorn has a very busy practice and I feel blessed to have been referred to him. He is very skilled and dealt my retinal issue immediately. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015