Ratings for Dr. Lynn A. Bowlby

Dr Bowlby was put in charge of my pain medication, and the staff said she was their 'pain guru'. She never asked me about my pain, never inquired after my pain level, or when and how I was in pain. She merely quoted the rules of the clinic she was in, she rushed me through my first meeting, told me I would be seeing her, even after I asked to please see a spinal specialist. Later that month She was to meet me at the clinic on a visit to the General Practitioner's office.. she never showed up. The other doctor seemed annoyed, I ended up leaving the state as I could not get a doctor to even continue the same treatment I had been receiving for five years by a team of competent neurosurgeons. Rules written in fear never benefit the patient. I am a very old man, not a kid to be treated like I am doing something wrong. Never see this doctor.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2013

Dr. Bowlby saw me right away, I was moving from another state and have major pain issues, she was polite, and though she had to abide by rules and regulations which hindered her in assisting me, those were not her fault, and she did her best to get me help. I was comfortable with her, she reviewed my records and set me up with the specialists I need to see. I also had an ongoing infection issue which is not the reason she saw me, but she addressed that anyway, getting me set up for a test and antibiotics that would work. She was courteous and kind, and I am on medicaide.. but I felt she treated me as well as someone on regular insurance. There was a problem getting the medication that I had been taking in the state I had moved from and she helped me get that addressed with medicaide, I was happy with my visit.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

Had a full blown case of infectious prostatitis and was in extreme pain at the time of my initial (and last) exam/physical. Even after describing the symptoms, didn't even attempt any follow up during the exam. No PSA test run, no digital or even visual examination done. Spend 5 minutes telling about my BMI and how I needed to lose weight (I was 5'10" and 180lbs with very low body fat because of years of weight lifting). Saw a competent doctor a few days later who properly treated me with a course of antibiotics that provided almost instant relief from the excruciating pain. Run away from this one.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2011

I am a 32 year old Asian male. Dr. refused to look at blood tests and only referred to a successfully treated neurological problem I had as a child. Argued with me that it was in my head until I forced her to look at blood work. I was taken aback that she, in this day of science, would still use a fuzzy past illness instead of looking at stats in front of her.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2009

Dr. Lynn A. Bowlby's Credentials

• Tufts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

GHI