Ratings for Dr. W. Ashley Hood

I was very excited about my first pregnancy, but that quickly changed half way to my delivery date. I couldn't ask questions without him or the staff being condescending. And I'm not the bothersome type, I only asked questions during my appointments. He was not knowledgeable and would have his interns to answer questions for him. His staffs attitude was very arrogant, and I never felt comfortable holding conversations with them. The day of the delivery I didn't have a clue about my medications. Thank goodness i delivered a healthy baby girl. Dr. Hood and his staff at the office and the suites are just horrible. A disgusting group of people that treat other humans like they are subservient . God bless them , they will reap what they sew.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2018

Terrible doctor!!!! Please don’t waste your time and money!!!

flag | Submitted December 20, 2017

Dr. Ashley hood is an awesome dr he delivered my son in 2011. Now it is 2017 and I am having my second baby and he is my dr again. Everyone I know that gets pregnant I refer them to go see dr Ashley hood cause he knows what he is doing and his staff is wondering as well.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

My experience is great. I've been coming to this man since I was 15 now I'm 18 and his staff is wonderful and they know what they are doing.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

Poor character ,terminated me as his patient at 39 weeks because I refused a c section and told me he was surprised that I and my baby didn't bleed to death after my baby was born. He was sweet at first until I didn't agree with his decisions then he treated me rudely and mean. If you choose him he is on board with you unless you disagree with him.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2016

I've been seeing Dr. Hood regularly since 2011. Overall, he's been great. I don't do well with hormonal contraceptives, so he recommended Mirena. When I say recommended, I mean he told me it was either Mirena or get my tubes tied. I wasn't even 30 yet. But, I took his advice and had Mirena done in September or October 2013. I LOVED IT!!! No periods, no problems! That changed recently. I have a myriad of general symptoms that could be anything...I've spent so much time & money going to different specialists to pinpoint the source. No one had an answer. I saw Dr. Hood, and he became agitated when I asked if it could be the Mirena. God forbid I researched my problems in a last ditch effort!!!! And guess what? All signs point to Mirena. It's not that Mirena is "bad", it's just not working for me. Even though I presented this information to Dr. Hood, he stated flatly that it "couldn't" be the Mirena. I admit, I was shocked and hurt. I thought my doctor was MY advocate? I was already frustrated with his staff, because my appointment was in the morning, but due to their claim that I had no insurance (my insurance company called and had to verify my coverage, which they refused to do from the office), I missed a day of work and had to come back after lunch. I'm not sure what's going on there, I've never had any problems with Dr. Hood or his office. But yesterday's appointment left me feeling unsupported. Plus, the Mirena is still there. The Mirena website (now) lists migraines as a possible side effect, and Dr. Hood swears the Mirena couldn't have caused it. This is only one time that has been unsatisfactory, however, I can't find a doctor in the area who takes my health insurance, so I may have no choice but to stick it out.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2015

Dr. Hood didn't deliver my kids but I was referred to him just a few months ago from a friend and I love him. He takes time with you and makes sure you understand everything he's not in a hurry. He's the sweetest Dr. I have ever been to.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2014

Dr Hood delivered my 2nd child. This was Dr. Hood's first time to deliver a baby and he did a great job! He is so sweet! My Doctor was actually Dr. Brooks Griffin and he wasn't able to be there when my baby was ready to deliver & Dr. Hood was working out of Dr. Griffins office at the time & he came to my rescue and I was very pleased with him! Now I'm 40yrs old and just found out I'm pregnant again! What a surprise!!! And my Dr. has passed away RIP DR.G ?? now I'm praying Dr. Hood will take over again and deliver my 3rd child and then cut burn and tie my tubes!!!! Lol I'm getting too old for this!

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

Dr Hood is patient, understanding, and caring. It is hard to find all 3 of these qualities in a dr. He also is very knowledgable on his field. I am very thankful to him since he delivered my 3 children.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

I had my first child at the age of 18 and by it being my first pregnancy, I was very scared of how it was going to turn out. I was late on finding a doctor but I must say it was worth the wait because Dr. W. Ashley Hood is the best overall. I wish he could be more than just an OBGYN. So that way when our love ones get sick, we won't have to worry about them because with ashley hood they are in the perfect hands. All through my pregnancy he made me feel special and comfortable. Kept me laughing and it seems as though if he was very concerned about me. While in the delivery room having the baby I didn't feel no pain because Dr. Hood kept my mind off the pain and before I knew it, my baby was born. He is very very very sweet and kind. I don't want no more kids but if I happened to have one, it would most definitely be Dr. Ashley Hood. It's so many other things he does and his staff but I'm running out of room here. Lol! #team dr.w. ashley hood!! I LOVE YOU!!!!

flag | Submitted December 26, 2012

Dr. W. Ashley Hood's Credentials

• Univ Of Hlth Sci, Coll Of Osteo Med, Kansas City Mo 64124 (Grad. 2002)

Workers Comp