Ratings for Dr. Sabrina Chen-See

I was rear ended by another car five years ago. After a year of Physio I had not improved and had only gotten worse from the whiplash. I could barely walk anymore and I used to be physically fit and exercised daily. I heard about Sabrina working on the atlas and after my very first adjustment I actually felt some relief. Over the course of the next few weeks of treatments it was nothing short of miraculous how my body healed itself and all the pain disappeared. I was able to exercise again and now I see her twice monthly on the wellness plan to stay tuned up. I'm sure if I hadn't been treated by Sabrina by this several years later I would be more or less Sedentary.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

This doctor is only trying to rip you off. I found her online and saw how expensive she charged for the initial consultstion. I decided to give it a try anyway so after I went in i just talked to her about my problems and she just measured my hips and wrote a lot down on my profile. she then told me to go across street to get an X ray for another $150 and she's kinda affiliated with them I suppose. I think she has her own X-ray now since she moved but honestly you do not really need to do the X-ray in order to get chiropractic care. It's just another way to rip you more money. After my first visit she asked me to buy treamtment packages starting from $800 or something. Every time I went in for adjustment she would spend less than 3 mins. Only adjusting 1-2 spots and then she would give you a tiny some kind of relaxation massage. After 5 visits I figured things were not getting well and she doesn't SEEM to care about what is going on in my body a bit! She never asked me what's going on today. She only came in and adjusted me right away and left as soon as she could. I also wondered if she ever spent time looking through my profile. If this is your first time Chiro experience trust me go find another Chiro place then you would know the difference and find the real help. This place is a rip off and she is not helpful nor caring nor knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

My experience is similar to the following one. I went for the Atlas treatment, and paid $325 for the X-rays and diagnosis. The procedure was an extra $60. This was done over two days. The red flag for me was being given a sheet of payment plan options before telling me what needed to be fixed. Was I ready to commit to getting better? That meant 36 sessions, 3 times a week for twelve weeks. The suggestion was, that if I didn't agree to her plan, then I didn't want to get healthy. I decided to pay as I went, to see how treatment suited me, then opt in for one of the two other payment plans. Also, if I recruited others, they could get the initial $325 fee dropped to $50. The treatment after the atlas procedure was a gentle back rub. I realized that progress was going to be glacially slow, and wondered if that was a way to extend my need for therapy. The atlas procedure was a success. It took only a moment, but, indeed, the pain and tension in my neck were gone, and it looked, from photos she took, that my legs were more of an even length. I took the package of X-rays, and diagnosis to my regular chiropractor who shared some of my concerns, including her diagnosis, with which he disagreed, and the payment plan, which is considered unethical by the College of Chiropractors. Too many red flags to be comfortable with continuing.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

I was so disappointed with my treatments with Dr. Sabrina. I was quoted a price for a consultation and when I got there was told I should get an x-ray (at an additional cost, roughly 3x the price of the consultation... Which "may or may not be covered by insurance.") Nothing really came of this consultation, no diagnosis, nothing. Just sat and talked and watched some video. I went back for the x-rays findings follow up and was quoted a price in the thousands for a 36 session treatment plan with no real addressing of the issue at hand. Just seemed like the standard recommendation to all patients. I tried to remain open minded so I had the first adjustment following the review. The adjustment was a click on my shoulder with an apparatus (which took 2 seconds) to align my Atlas (again same standard for all patients it seems) and just me lying down for 20 mins after that. I decided to go in for another adjustment, this time hopefully addressing my acute injury issue. It felt like an assembly line with 3 patients side by side in the waiting room, dived by panels, and each "appointment" lasting 5 mins. When it came to my turn, she unenthusiastically pressed a few things on my back and I was out of there in under 5 mins. Ironically, all the empty positive messages all over the walls ("we care about you" bs) staring down at you, while you lie there thinking... "That's it?!". In and out, just like that. It felt like no one there cared. It felt like one big business taking advantage of insurance policies. Now I'm with a chiro that cares. She gives me exercises to work on. Her appointments last much more than 5 mins (closer to 30 mins and they're cheaper) and I'm the only person there at a time. I was diagnosed more thoroughly and correctly during the consultation without the need for expensive x-rays. Told me so much more in one session that Dr. Sabrina did in multiple visits and helped aleviate the pain significantly. Couldn't be happier.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2016

The Lady with Magic in Her Hands Running on fresh snow on a golden winter’s day can bring many delights: crisp, cold air and clear, dazzling light mixed with the sense of freedom and the pretence of treading where no-one had stepped before. It was an oft repeated pleasure, but one that was suddenly and sharply taken from me when I slipped and fell heavily, like the proverbial sack. A pronounced limp and 24/7 pain started from moment I stood up to hobble home. That was several years and many pain killers ago. A round of recommended doctors, physiotherapists and old school twisters and crackers had achieved little. For all useful purposes I’d given up and resigned myself to pill popping and a semi-sedentary life. But then came the considerable good fortune of meeting Sabrina at her Vancouver health fair booth. Her easy confidence and professional air convinced me to try once more. At the first appointment she examined my X-rays and proclaimed “you’re clinically bent out of shape (with which friends and colleagues might readily agree), but that’s OK, I’ll straighten you out”. With her natural charm she explained the issues, what she proposed to do and the program she recommended. The course stretched to several months, but resistance was futile. I had soon signed up. To my amazement there was not a twist or bone crack in sight, just a variety of low-impact movements and manipulations that I had not experienced before. Explanations flowed along with encouragement as regards health and diet, but the occasional admonishment too for doing something bull-headed and daft. I was learning a lot and significant progress was soon being made. After a few weeks I could once again stand more-or-less straight, the level of pain was diminishing and stiff, stubborn joints had started to move freely once more. When things had sufficiently improved, a program of daily stretches was recommended. The resultant popping and cracking of spinal vertebrae caused some personal concern until, with a glint in her eye, Sabrina advised “that’s good, the barnacles are coming off the crusty rocks”. Well, those crusty rocks are now smooth and polished. Thank you Sabrina, and thank you again. You have given me my life back.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

Be prepared to pay at least $300 before even getting your first adjustment. Initial consult was way overpriced, $175, much more then the average initial consult costs (and she was 25mins late). In addition be prepared to pay $125 for x-rays, which are not part of standard of care. This is all prior to even receiving any treatment whatsoever and you are not even talking about future treatments. She states that all her fees all in line with others as a specialist office, however, I have contacted other chiropractors and my health care plan provider and all states her fees are way above the average. I will definitely do my research next time and will not see this person ever again.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2013

I went to Dr. Chen-See a year after a rear-ending car accident in which ICBC paid for a small percentage of physio rehab which was not working. After the accident, the whiplash in my neck and the impact in my right hip (my foot was on brake when hit by taxi from behind, at a dead stop) progressed into a deabilitating pain in my right hip that got worse as the year went on. I had to stop yoga, running and even dancing and walking. My highly active and fit life became sedentary. WIthin two months of seeing Dr. Chen-see, I was able to do all of the above again, and have been pain free for six months now. I bought a 36 visit package, and am now on her monthly wellness program for maintence of my atlas bone adjustment as needed. I consider my recovery, a miracle. Lori ANn Lothian

flag | Submitted November 6, 2012

Very knowledgeable and caring chiropractor. I would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2011

Give her a try! I am very impressed with her knowledge and desire to educate her patients. It's been a long time since I've seen a health care practitioner be so concerned about her patients and caring. I've seen her work with other patient's kids while waiting for my own adjustment, and it's very heart warming how she takes care of them and interacts with them. I am getting relief from my health issues, some have disappeared and some are still on the mend. A+ Doctor.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2010

Inexperienced, and incompetent Chiropractor, utilizing Atlas Orthogonal Technique. Made a simple injury horribly worse, and I'm still suffering due to her negligence. Even if you tell her not to adjust a specific area, she doesn't listen, and works it anyways, while having you come in 3 times a week. Do yourself a favor and STAY CLEAR for your own safety.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2009