Ratings for Dr. Zave Chad

My son has an egg allergy and Dr. Chad is very knowledgeable. He runs tests that my sister in-law's allergist never even suggests to her for her kids. We've had no issues with his staff during appointments - they've been very nice and very professional. He is a bit dry in his interactions, but I'm not there to socialize. Our only issue is that I take pains to make sure I understand what's going on and what will be the final recommendation based on possible test outcomes (x if the results are this, y if the results are that) and we seem on the same page during the appointment, but after the results are in I often seem to get completely different direction from the nurse that calls (the results are that, but x is the course of action I'm supposed to follow). And when I say that Dr. Chad said that we were supposed to do y if those were the results we got, she checks with him, calls back and says no, it's definitely x. It's very frustrating. Does he not remember our conversation? Did I not understand what he was saying? Who knows? However, I do trust his knowledge and expertise, so we will continue going to him.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

Very rude. Long waiting time. Dr. Chad said diets suggested by other doctor is a 'fad'. Unhelpful. It seems like he was mad the entire time that I came here to do a test. Made me feel like I'm hopeless. Would not recommend this Dr.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

The office staff is slow at returning calls however Dr. Chad is very knowledgeable. I've been to several allergists that brushed me off when they couldn't help me with allergy shots. He referred me to another doctor and did some blood/urine tests that no other allergy doctor even bothered to do.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2015

Nothing but good things to say about Dr. Chad. He is knowledgeable with FPIES, and is great with our 2 year old.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2014

When you deal with this office, you know the meaning of terrible, especially the reception ladies. Asked many times testing results and left many times messages, they just ignored your request at all. The doctor rush through the appointment and kept typing in his laptop and not listening what your were saying. NO HELP AT ALL, and waste your time.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2014

Explained from the beginning he was creating a report for me. Asked detailed questions and explained options. The report included his recommendations. Polite and very frank.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2014

I read the reviews prior to going to my appointment today and I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. The receptionist was friendly, they were punctual, the person who did my allergy testing was very nice and yes, so was Dr. Chad. He was professional, thorough and pleasant. In order to compile your history, he asks questions while entering responses into the system as well as his comments. I was given a copy of this at the end of the appointment which I find very beneficial. I have seen many doctors in the past five years and Dr. Chad gets a much higher rating than most.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2013

Terrible office and doctor, every trivial communication or paperwork takes at least 4 weeks but sometimes up to 2 months! Unhelpful unaccommodating, would not deal with again. Go to Dr Yang (yangmedicine.com) instead.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2013

Maybe things have changed in the last couple of years, because unlike several other raters, I found Dr. Chad to be extremely knowledgeable, helpful, and pleasant. He does type on his laptop while talking to you but that is to develop a comprehensive description of the problem, diagnosis and potential remedies. He was punctual, his staff were all pleasant and my allergy issues were resolved. I have no complaints about Dr. Chad nor his staff.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2013

Doctor Chad is the first doctor who could explain my problem. I had it during 12 years and nobody could even figure out a diagnosis. I had a few times falling unconscious and never knew why it happened with me. As soon as I told doctor about this problem he immediately wrote a prescription for portable anti allergic emergency injection.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2013