Ratings for Dr. Allan Donald Kitching

My husband was referred to Dr Kitching from his other cardiologist as he was being worked up for possible kidney transplant. Dr Kitching did not look up from his tablet when entering the room . So much for first impressions.....He looked at the echo results and quote unquote said “ it looks like the dogs breakfast” !!! He also said looking at the echo, he had 1 to 2 years to live without aggressive dialysis first . I was so taken aback by those comments i was speechless. “Dogs breakfast” is not a medical term. What does that mean?? Could he not say “bad”, “terrible”. That we can understand. And to give a 1 to 2 year lifespan? I believe in being straightforward with patients but there is a way to present. We came out of that appt totally dumbfounded. I cried but my husband didn’t see it. My only regret now months later after this happened is that I never challenged Dr Kitching on his insensitive comment. Needless to say we never went back to him and after hearing about our experience, our referring cardiologist gladly accepted us back.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2018

Nice doctor and staff, echo tech Michael was especially wonderful, easy to talk to, knowledgeable. Great experience, would recommend to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

Never been rude to me. Nice guy, very good doctor.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2017

feel I am in good hands and not given medication that is not necessary

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

Very thorough and compassionate. Explains the basics but if you have more questions he takes the time to answer all of them in terms you can understand. Explains why some tests are required and why others are not. I trust his opinion and glad that he was the cardiologist that I was referred to. All of his staff, permanent and 'occasionals' are very personable, helpful, and kind.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

Dr. Kitching is rude, obnoxious, condescending and arrogant. He doesn't inspire confidence as to what he's talking about and made a major mess up with my husbands care. Needless to say we have withdrawn from his care for my husbands heath. Do not recommend anyone in having this doctor.

Submitted June 22, 2017

We found Dr. Kitching rude. No introducing himself to myself or my spouse. Didn't really answer our questions. Worse part was the receptionist brought in her daushund dog who walked and laid on the reception desk & barked at whoever came up to the window. Totally inappropriate for a specialist office.

Submitted June 17, 2017

Only had to wait 15 minutes to be seen....staff was very nice and friendly....Dr was very nice also

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

Great Doctor and staff. Would recomend to family and friends

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

Rude, unprofessional staff. Dr. Kitching is pompous, condescending and arrogant. Has a HUGE God complex. Obviously in it only for the money. Certainly not the patients. He treats you like you are brainless and a number without question. It's an assembly line. I will NEVER go back to this clinic. Terrible experience.

Submitted March 9, 2017