Ratings for Dr. Milosh Surka

This is by far the worst doctor I have ever seen in my life. Like previous reviews say, he is extremely rude and has no compassion for his patients at all. If one is becoming a doctor he/she should naturally care about people... I mean it's common sense. I too have heard him yell at patients and have been personally verbally abused by him myself. Avoid this man at all cost, you're better off going to a walk-in.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

Absolutely terrible and unprofessional. I agree with some of the reviews below -he is verbally abusive, has a temper and is insensitive. Sadly, he is on some kind of power trip. His patients walk out of the clinic not feeling any better, but worse. I could hear him yelling at another patient as well. Is there ever a justifiable reason to raise your voice at a grown patient? Ridiculous and embarassing. One such incident is enough for the doctor to be deemed unprofessional and unsuitable to be dealing with those who are ill and in need of support. Expect to walk out of the clinic wishing you had spent your time visiting a real doctor with real compassion

flag | Submitted January 7, 2014

Dr.Surka is an experienced, excellent doctor. I still go to see him in Richmond after he left Vancouver. He is a detail-oriented doctor (will send you for lab tests and specialists if need it) who provides proper treatments to his patients. I would recommend his medical services and Thank-you Sir for being so caring and knowledgeable!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2013

Excellent Dr. The most thorough doctor I have ever seen! You will wait in his office, even with an appointment, but he will spend the time with you when it is your turn. I since moved to Ontario and wish I could find a doctor with at least a fraction of his patience! He will do anything in his power to get to the bottom of your ailment...guaranteed!

flag | Submitted September 12, 2013

I would like to commend Doctor Surka in his thoroughness in his diagnosis and recommendation that i should go to emergency to which saved me much pain and further delay for a scheduled surgery recently. Sincerely S. Lee, Richmond, B.C.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2012

Dr. Surka is one of the best doctors in the BC Medical system today. He is thorough really gives his all each time he sees a patient. This may be one of the reasons people end up waiting a long time. If you are not well, you don't want your doctor to have a clear picture of your issues and properly treats you. You would not want to be rushed just so the next person won't have to wait too long. Dr. Surka is a no nonsense doctor who has a conscience, does not play games with the system or the drug industry. If you know his work philosophy you will appreciate him a lot more.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2012

It's hard to know what you will get when you visit this doctor as he is all over the map.He doesn't make eye contact; when he asks you a question he doesn't listen to your answer so asks the same question repeatedly; he's suddenly hostile and shouting at you. My visit was bizarre! I do not trust his medical advice or knowledge.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2012

This doctor was a complete surprise to me. I didn't know him from Adam when I entered this walk in clinic in Richmond. He was thorough beyond what I expected, and in my opinion gave me excellent advice. He was far more inquisitive than most GP's, and I am happy to recommend his professional services.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2011

Dr. Surka is like a shining becon in todays realm of Drs. He spent over an hour examining me and listened to every symptom related to my injury. He then prescribed the appropriate radiology exams and meds needed, even wrote an intro letter to the ER so I would not have to wait if my symptoms got worse. Keep it up Sir, you are well appreciated.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2011

up to 3 hours waiting time even with appointment. Is knowlegable but I have a difficult time getting a referral I needed for calcium buildup in the aorta from stomach. Never did get it. Refused granting tests because of age, Refused to send me to a specialist who said I could see him any time. (Dr. loyd Smith) has good general knowlege

flag | Submitted February 17, 2011