Ratings for Dr. Yolanda R. Alonzo

In a state as big as Texas...a patient should NEVER have to see this doctor. She is a quack. Do not waste your time. She will order 50000 tests and charge you an arm and a leg, plus your first born, and still can't tell you what's wrong. Beware.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

Anyone leaving a positive comment is obviously a friend or family member of Dr. Alonzo. She missed a stroke in my husband and misdiagnosed me. She is more concerned with herself than her patients.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2015

Disagree -she doesn't hand out narcotics like candy. Guess that makes some folks mad.If the Dr doesn't give you advise on wt loss as part of her care. What are you paying for? I appreciate a Dr that cares enough to spend time educating me on wt loss,and preventative medicine. Since I've been going my HGA1C ,BP AND WT HAVE BEEN IMPROVING, because I Do what she tells me to do.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2015

Horrific bedside manner. Disorganized, uninterested, condescending. Got the feeling she didn't like other women. Changed to another doctor.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

flag | Submitted October 29, 2011

The staff weren't professional and talked about the patients after they left the office. The doctor didn't wash her hands and basically used a computer app to try and diagnose my symptoms. After loosing two hours of my time and copayment, I was told to change my clothing material to nothing synthetic, change my detergent, but at checkout I was handed a referral for a specialist and then told that I needed to schedule lab work, which was never brought up during the examination! Needless to say ongoing somewhere else!!!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2011

This doctor has the poorest bedside manner that I have ever experienced. She is insensitive and has a discriminatory attitude towards overweight patients. I do not recommend this doctor to anyone that is of color and has a weight problem. You will feel humiliated upon ending your visit

flag | Submitted April 8, 2011

Not caring or seemed very interested. Did not even examine me (i.e. listen to heart and/or lungs). Very unimpressed with her medical skills.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2010

Allied Institute of Medicine is the office. The wait was 30 minutes and I get the feeling that no one cares about running on time.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2009